“Singapori Shrimp! ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Not a big fan of Indian food, so I chose from their Asian-fusion menu instead of the Indian menu ... there's a reason the Singapori Shrimp has 2 hearts beside it on their menu, it's because it tastes so damn good! Will be back to explore more items on this menu!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Some of the best indian food with the added bonus of great service. Keep it up. The peshwari nan with raisins and coconut excellent.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

The only drawback about Tamarind on earlier visits was the noisy atmosphere. This has now been corrected with the addition of padded walls to absorb the sound. Congratulations - makes a big difference to the dining pleasure.
Four of us met for lunch and shared the spinach and corn, which we always love if available, the Goan coconut shrimp curry, the chicken masala, garlic nan and rieti (sp?) to cool the palate. Thoroughly enjoyed every bite and the quantity was sufficient for four. Already looking forward to the next visit. Also like their sister restaurant, Saffron, but this one is more intimate.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Ok, now that I have your attention...my sister Denise (D) and I went to this restaurant, and I have to admit, I was very hungry, and I must confess that my stomach was very much ready for the explosion of exciting exotic flavors from the soup (chicken with lemon and ginger), heat hot with the right amount of spices to create the perfect environment for the appetizer. I had the plain naan, with regular white rice and the Lamb Rogan Josh. You actually tasted the cardamon, and the aniseed, both reported to have many health benefits, in the thick rich sauce. I, however, did not find much lamb in the sauce, but of those I found, the texture was delightful and they were ravenously devoured. D, had curried shrimp, to my pleasant surprise were jumbo shrimp. No issues here about the quantity of the shrimp in this dish and the sauce was great..real authentic curry. The staff was great, however, our waitress, in particular, I cannot remember her name, was on point with her suggestion about the food. I would definitely go back...wait..we did go back..**smile** and this time I requested more lamb in my dish, which I got..so I gotta say, if I continue to eat like this and not hit the gym...then what does not kill you, will fatten you :-)

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Such a great find in Kingston! Tamarind was recommended to me by a friend, and I have recommended it to all others I was traveling with in Kingston. I ordered the mango chicken which was delicious. I even had enough leftovers for another whole meal. The egg naan and the garlic naan were also delicious! The service was great, and the drinks were delicious. Also, I've heard nothing but positive reviews from my friends about Tamarin.