Pros: location is 10 minutes from the airport - Hello vacation!
excellent housekeeping (very clean), overall maintenance of pool and grounds was great with one exception. Always service with a smile by everyone! We had a team of two butlers, Orlando and Ian, who were great. Very good variety of entertainment. The best in fitness and tennis - Robin Spence - a real honest-to-goodness gem!
Food: very good breakfasts and lunch options. The island lunch was outstanding, with typical Jamaican grilled food. Dinner was pretty good overall, but plenty of room for improvement. The chocolate extravaganza has improved and was very good.
Room: a/c in our room never produced cool temperature, even though we reported this 3-4 times (room 2212 Clarence). Our butler brought us a fan, which helped. Bed was definitely on the very firm side. Toilet seat is not very comfortable.
Food: Royal Thai food has not improved since our visit in 2011 - It is still overspiced.
Facility: tennis courts had torn nets and needed replacement. The beautiful bougainvillea flowers dropped on the court everyday and should either be picked up regularly - or just trim back the bushes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort And Private Island Jamaica/Montego Bay