“Great Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We just got back from Jamaica two weeks ago... great vacation. The price was right, the room was clean and simple. Colin was very helpful in directing us how to get to places and what to expect to pay for a taxi ride. He even let us borrow his phone for a call back to the States. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea261

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I spent 2 weeks in September in Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was my second time to Jamaica. The first was to Kingston some 10 years ago. At first I decided I should "live like a local" I took a taxi cab to the centre of St.James Street. It cost $100JM which is equivalent to 1.25US. For me this was not the right choice but I was unaware of the sights. Then I met Colin...just by chance, on my way to the University. This was the right choice.

Colin operates Ridgeway Guest House. I found this place by chance on a visit to the university. It is about three minutes drive to the airport and certainly within walking distance for those with little luggage. What impressed me was Colin's generousity of spirit. He offered and on several occasions took my son and I to various shopping destinations. He showed us the Montego Bay we were looking for. Yes there is the HIP Strip and other tourist attractions but sometimes you prefer to see what a "local" lives like. I appreciated Montego Bay because of Colin. He shows you how to get around and in the end you learn more than just the tourist areas and you save as well. For those of you who like to incorporate the "living like a local " theme in your travels..get to know Montego Bay the safe way, Stay at Ridgeway Guest House...It is not for families with small children. it will work for couples or singles or friends staying together. There is a rental car company on the compound as well.

Room Tip: This is a guest house, not a hotel. There is no restaurant on the compound.The location is perfect f...
Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Sugarplantation
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Found Ridgeway on Trip Advisor while at the airport waiting for my flight to Montego Bay. Called several places in the "budget" category and Colin was by far the nicest. The price was right, too, but $70USD for one night seemed too good to be true. "We'll see when we get there," my friend said. We're both seasoned travelers and skeptical but our fears were quickly dismissed. Colin picked us up when we arrived and right away, we had the sense that he was good people. The guesthouse is across the street from the airport so if you pack light, you can walk there. The rooms are clean, the water was hot, and the staff was friendly. We walked to the beach (though I'd recommend taking a taxi if you don't want to walk two mikes in the sun), Hip Strip and the famous Pork Pit other reviewers have mentioned. I definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank FAY0LA
Reviewed 24 August 2012

stayed here for a week and couple days. i felt safe being there and i liked the fact that the airport is very close by and the hip strip is also not far from there aswell. the room that i stayed had a balcony and a small kitchenette, pretty decent. I got excellent service and i enjoyed me stay in montego bay

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank lemar2k6
Reviewed 17 August 2012

After traveling around Jamaica, I needed to spend the night in montego bay to catch a flight th next afternoon. Colin, the owner of ridgewood, was fabulous. Honestly it was one of the most warm and welcoming experiences I've had in a hotel. The place is perfectly clean and convenient if you need toget to the airport. It's family-owned. Colin spent the morning driving me around the city. We ate porridge a juicy patties and he dropped me off at the pharmacy and beach. He went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, and was just a genuinely generous person. It was such a unexpectedly pleasant goodbye to Jamaica. Also the price is very good.

• Stayed: August 2012