Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
US$140
US$98
Bethel Court Guest House(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$38
Cazwin Villas(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$78
US$77
US$68
Bougainvilla Inn(Montego Bay)
US$50
Castle Vue B&B(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$63
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$214
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$445
US$385
Bookit.com
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$281
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewswest indiesminute walkguesthouseairporttaxijamaicachannels
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My 9 day stay at Ridgeway 1st week January 2013 was quite enjoyable!. I found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable for the price, $70 + tax per night. Stayed in room #5 and the air conditioning was great!! It is true, there is not a lot nearby, meaning within a few blocks (except for the airport across the street), however 1 - 1.5 miles away ($3 - $4 taxi ride) there is everything at the Hip Strip. It is very easy to get a cab in front of Ridgeway. The restarant/bar at the Airport, I found the simple menu to be very good and the drinks too !! Bartenders/employees there VERY friendly and helpful and were helpful in providing information and directions. The Hip Strip has lots of restaurants, bars and shopping, and if you want to shoot pool, DonWay restaurant/bar is an indoor/outdoor bar/restaurant/ dance club, pool table outside by bar (I found to be a very nice atmosphere). A cab ride there is @$3. Make sure you establish the price of the cab for a one way/two way before you get in. You know the taxis because the taxis have red license plates and have taxi written on vehicle side. I found the surrounding area to be very safe and never felt scared or uneasy. Colin was available and very nice whenever I had a question which helped to make my stay a great one! Although I did not take advantage of the service, Colin will pick you up from the Airport and drop you off when you depart. Scotthies jerk chicken/fish is a great restaurant is about 4 miles away on the same road (Queens Dr) that Ridgeway is located. Also found a really nice seafood restarant called Chill-Out about 12 miles down on Queens Dr. - you can get meal for $15. Oh, can't forget MargaritaVille at the Hip Strip, a great time, atmosphere and view of the ocean. And, if you want to get the experience of the local market about 1 mile away is the Bevin Ave. market. I really loved my stay in Montego Bay and plan on visiting again soon!!! Colin, thank you for everything!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Marie36619
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We just got back from Jamaica two weeks ago... great vacation. The price was right, the room was clean and simple. Colin was very helpful in directing us how to get to places and what to expect to pay for a taxi ride. He even let us borrow his phone for a call back to the States. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea261
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I spent 2 weeks in September in Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was my second time to Jamaica. The first was to Kingston some 10 years ago. At first I decided I should "live like a local" I took a taxi cab to the centre of St.James Street. It cost $100JM which is equivalent to 1.25US. For me this was not the right choice but I was unaware of the sights. Then I met Colin...just by chance, on my way to the University. This was the right choice.

Colin operates Ridgeway Guest House. I found this place by chance on a visit to the university. It is about three minutes drive to the airport and certainly within walking distance for those with little luggage. What impressed me was Colin's generousity of spirit. He offered and on several occasions took my son and I to various shopping destinations. He showed us the Montego Bay we were looking for. Yes there is the HIP Strip and other tourist attractions but sometimes you prefer to see what a "local" lives like. I appreciated Montego Bay because of Colin. He shows you how to get around and in the end you learn more than just the tourist areas and you save as well. For those of you who like to incorporate the "living like a local " theme in your travels..get to know Montego Bay the safe way, Stay at Ridgeway Guest House...It is not for families with small children. it will work for couples or singles or friends staying together. There is a rental car company on the compound as well.

Room Tip: This is a guest house, not a hotel. There is no restaurant on the compound.The location is perfect for getting to the airport. I did not see all the rooms but liked room 8 best from the 2 that i saw.
Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Sugarplantation
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Found Ridgeway on Trip Advisor while at the airport waiting for my flight to Montego Bay. Called several places in the "budget" category and Colin was by far the nicest. The price was right, too, but $70USD for one night seemed too good to be true. "We'll see when we get there," my friend said. We're both seasoned travelers and skeptical but our fears were quickly dismissed. Colin picked us up when we arrived and right away, we had the sense that he was good people. The guesthouse is across the street from the airport so if you pack light, you can walk there. The rooms are clean, the water was hot, and the staff was friendly. We walked to the beach (though I'd recommend taking a taxi if you don't want to walk two mikes in the sun), Hip Strip and the famous Pork Pit other reviewers have mentioned. I definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank FAY0LA
Reviewed 24 August 2012

stayed here for a week and couple days. i felt safe being there and i liked the fact that the airport is very close by and the hip strip is also not far from there aswell. the room that i stayed had a balcony and a small kitchenette, pretty decent. I got excellent service and i enjoyed me stay in montego bay

• Stayed: August 2012