“over priced and quite basic”

Evita's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$3 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian, Jamaican, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Historic Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Customer service was horrible food was ok but overpriced. The portions were quite small. For an italian restuarant I was shocked to know that they didnt have any pasta had to take potato instead.

1  Thank Stanleyfromjamaica
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Stanley, I am SHOCKED at your review:
at NO time Evita's, dubbed 'The Best Little Pasta House in Jamaica' has NO PASTA!!!!
Especially when the menu features 22 Pasta Entrees, each one with choice of Rigatoni, Fusilli, Spaghetti, Penne, Fettuccine, Linguine, Capellini, Whole Wheat Penne, Gluten free Spaghetti, Ravioli, Tortellini, 2 types of Lasagna and, Gnocchi!!!!
We are always stocked with all pastas or any other item listed on the menu as, at Evita's, for the 28 years we have been in operation, we pride ourselves that ALL items listed on the menu, are ALWAYS available.
You must be CONFUSING us with another Italian restaurant in Ocho Rios, which, as they make fresh pasta, might, and have occasionally, run out of their fresh pasta dishes...

Reviewed 28 September 2017

food was great. seating's a little too close, but good staffs great wine and fantastic Italian meals

Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you Sashaunie, for your excellent review.
I am sorry that you found the seating a little too close: I guess you had a table by the verandah edge and, since everybody wants to sit by the edge, w/ the best view, we try to 'maximize' this space to make more couples 'happy'...
Looking forward to hosting you again, soon...

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

AMAZING and delicious!!!! Romaine tried to kill me by giving me too much yummy food LOL

Highly recommend

1  Thank Sam Zammer

Thank you, Sam for your 'fun': death by 'too much yummy food', review and recommendation! I am certainly looking forward to seeing you and your auntie, again, soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Dined at Evita's twice during the week of 8/27 to 9/2 2017:

We stayed at the Blue House BnB in Ochi, where breakfast was provided daily, and we also stayed in for dinners four nights. This enabled us to have great homestyle meals and still explore local restaurants in town. Elise and Darryl from Blue House recommended Evita's, and we were very pleased!

Our first visit, we had bruschetta, baked garlic, ravioli in oil and garlic, and penne in "American style" bolognese (meat sauce and meatbals) Wife really enjoyed her garlic and her pasta, enough that she ordered the same meal a few days later. Mine was the bolognese and I was very pleased. I told my wife it tasted very similar to my preparation of this dish! It was excellent. The dish was likely 80% meat and sauce to 20% pasta, a perfect ratio in my view! The sauce was hearty and delicious and really did not require adding in the meatballs. We enjoyed some red wine by the glass this evening.

We returned to Evita's a few night later on our last evening in Ochi and were just as pleased the second time around. There was a wedding reception held in the main upstairs dining room, so that was a neat experience. Getting a first hand look at a local wedding, pretty unique experience.

We knew portions were good so we were careful about not over ordering this time. Again, the wife had the ravioli in oil and garlic. This time I tried the local specialty, Jerk spaghetti (I chose penne again), baked garlic, and a great bleu cheese and cranberry salad. We also had a side of the Gorgonzola sauce to dip our bread in. Again, everything was very good! We were pleased both visits.

Both nights we were seated on the balcony overlooking the nice view. Patricia was our server both evenings. She is friendly and happy to make recommendations. A professional server, indeed. And Eva was in the dining room on our second visit, checking on everything and everyone, making sure the diners were pleased. We certainly were.

Overall, great taste, great service, nice environment. Jamaica can be a bit pricey, so Evita's may not be for the bargain seekers out there. Portions were moderate but filling. No American/Olive Garden huge portions but enough to satisfy. When we return to Ochi, we will definitely make a point in returning to Evita's!

1  Thank BruinH8r
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for your excellent and detailed, review!!!
It is so rewarding to hear that you appreciated what Evita's offers so as to make it a point to come back, TWICE in your short stay, this is a compliment!
Will also let Patricia know that you enjoyed her service and attitude, she has been at Evita's for at least 15 years and we now all call her 'Antie' Pat....
Looking forward to hosting you again, when you next come to Jamaica.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Something was missing at this restaurant. The service was great. The view over Ocho Rios from the restaurant was great. The owner even came to our table, making our visit a lot of fun. But the food, while good, just did not deliver the wow I expected at this price range.

1  Thank jcc_dad
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you Philly for your so 'constructive' review.
Would appreciate if you let me know what day and time you came so that I can find out who I should be talking to re: your comment on the food.
Right now I am trying a new chef who is supposed to be 'great' but, since he has been here for only 2 weeks, I have not discovered his 'weak' points... Could you please also, let me know what you had?
Thank you so much.