“Disappointing visit”

Evita's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 114 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$3 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian, Jamaican, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Historic Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Always wanted to visit Evita's so my husband took me there for dinner on my birthday. We got there 2 hours before closing time, the hostess greeted us with a long face. She was unpleasant, and after we sat down they started cleaning up around us, which took away from the ambiance. We were the only ones there.My husband lost his appetite. The food was average and we ended up going to burger king after. Worst birthday dinner ever

1  Thank maydavidson5
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you, May, for your review and, I am really sorry that your birthday dinner did not turn out as one of the most romantic ones, as this is what patrons, usually enjoy at Evita’s!
Usually, if you reserve and tell us that it is a Birthday, the B-Day person dessert is free and it is presented in a very ‘specially decorated plate’, with candle etc. while all staff sing Happy Birthday: _______!
From your review, it is obvious that you came on an ‘off’ night, possibly without reservation, BUT, despite this, the staff, since you were the only patrons in the restaurant, should have been, even more ‘attentive’!
Will certainly ‘sternly’ address this!
Please let me know when (and if), you would like to give us another chance, and I will be more than happy to make up for this, ‘royally’, so that you can then ‘brag’ about a great birthday evening at Evita’s.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have been waiting to visit Evita's for a long time. Finally had the chance. Friends from Jamaica love this place and heard many good reviews. Yes It is a very pleasant place to dine. The menu, music, hostess - the owner and the chef - all very good. Nothing disappointed us. The views were so nice with an ocean breeze and being hill top scene of the city and ocean below.

Thank you OCIAUSA for your Excellent review and compliments!
I am really happy you enjoyed all aspects of Evita’s, it is a very SPECIAL place…

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We have been going for years to Evita's. The Jamaican spin on her Italian menu makes it one of our favorite restaurants. It is a nice romantic getaway, but we also take friends as the atmosphere is so fun to share. Eva is such a charming proprietor that has created this special place and menu. A must have appetizer is the octopus salad. Then one of my favorites is Rastafarian lasagne. This is a "must go" if you are ever in Ocho Rios.

Thank you Korver, for your excellent review, compliments and recommendation!!!
Yes, I do try to keep Evita’s ambiance & atmosphere romantic & unique and menu, ‘fun’!
I am certainly looking forward to hosting you, and your friends, soon, again!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Customer service was horrible food was ok but overpriced. The portions were quite small. For an italian restuarant I was shocked to know that they didnt have any pasta had to take potato instead.

1  Thank Stanleyfromjamaica
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Stanley, I am SHOCKED at your review:
at NO time Evita's, dubbed 'The Best Little Pasta House in Jamaica' has NO PASTA!!!!
Especially when the menu features 22 Pasta Entrees, each one with choice of Rigatoni, Fusilli, Spaghetti, Penne, Fettuccine, Linguine, Capellini, Whole Wheat Penne, Gluten free Spaghetti, Ravioli, Tortellini, 2 types of Lasagna and, Gnocchi!!!!
We are always stocked with all pastas or any other item listed on the menu as, at Evita's, for the 28 years we have been in operation, we pride ourselves that ALL items listed on the menu, are ALWAYS available.
You must be CONFUSING us with another Italian restaurant in Ocho Rios, which, as they make fresh pasta, might, and have occasionally, run out of their fresh pasta dishes...

Reviewed 28 September 2017

food was great. seating's a little too close, but good staffs great wine and fantastic Italian meals

Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you Sashaunie, for your excellent review.
I am sorry that you found the seating a little too close: I guess you had a table by the verandah edge and, since everybody wants to sit by the edge, w/ the best view, we try to 'maximize' this space to make more couples 'happy'...
Looking forward to hosting you again, soon...