“Restaurant with knowledgeable staff”
Review of Healthy Way

Healthy Way
Ranked #29 of 114 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Reviewed 14 May 2016

I am not a vegetarian/vegan so I really do not go for the meals (except for their ackee and callaloo and curried tufo). My main purpose is to have their porridge. I love porridge (hot cereals)!. It just bring back childhood memories. My first encounter was having a bulgar porridge. I've never even heard of the word bulgar but now it's part of my vocabulary and I seek that out along with the hominy and cornmeal.

Also, I have bought their Fruit Vinegar with Noni... elixir? No idea what you would call it. It is suppose to help with the joints and I guess make your body more ph balanced. You are supposed to add it a couple of tablespoons of water but I can still smell/taste it. Personally, I am not a fan of it because I hate the taste of vinegar (it taste/smell like slightly sweet fermented wine).... but sometimes, things that are good for you do not always have a pleasant taste.

My family members and friends of family have sworn to it's ease of joint pain.

Anyway, if you have the time, and ear, there a two particular people there that would increase your knowledge of the different health properties of the items they sell there. They even have Moringa. I know that's the fairly new health craze now but they sell stuff like that along with spices and essential oils, and of course foods and desserts (and probably other things that I've forgotten/overlooked).

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Any time I am in Ocho Rios I eat here. The food is wonderful and the service is great. Such helpful and informative staff that know their stuff and can suggest duets and herbs to cure common complaints.

nautchilous, Manager at Healthy Way, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the food. My mom ( Ms Anderson) is very passionate about her work. Please come back and visit again. Bless

Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Visited unfortunately only once Healthy Way and as a vegetarian I totally loved food there. Mince was so good, everything had a great taste and the veggie burger was great too.
Just a pity is closing so early at evening because I would definitely go back to take away some of their just great food!
To be visited if you wanna eat healthy way!
Keep it up guys!

nautchilous, Public Relations Manager at Healthy Way, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Bless

Reviewed 14 January 2016

We visited Healthy Way twice during our visit to Ocho Rios, and loved it. The staff were so nice and the food was lovely. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

So, I have eaten at The Healthy way twice now and have to say I was very impressed both times. Everyone should come enjoy this place! The food is delicious, prices are low, the vibe is great and the owner as well as her employees are such amazing people. :)
I have a stay of 2 months in Ochi, I am from Seattle and am a vegetarian so really wanted to try this place once I heard about it. It was even better than I expected. Even if you are not a vegetarian/vegan you should try it- the food is so flavorful and delicious. The first time I went in I got the vegi burger and their beet/carrot juice mixed with cucumber. Yum! I think they always have the vegi burger so that is a must try. They are also stocked with many amazing healthy vitamins/supplements. I bought echinacea to stay healthy.
They have different specials everyday, yesterday I got the curried tofu, so yummy. With soursop/ beet and carrot juice. All for about only $650 Jamaican for some good for your body and soul lunch. Both the owner and her son were very personable and I was so lucky as to have great conversations with them both. :) Can't wait to come back' Treat your body and eat the Healthy Way.

1  Thank jennyhenriksen
nautchilous, Owners son at Healthy Way, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Thanks for the kind words Jenny. I am glad you enjoyed the food. I am sure my mom would love to have you back when you visit Jamaica again. All the best.