“A find for vegetarians”

Healthy Way
Ranked #27 of 114 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Reviewed 30 December 2016

This small restaurant in a shopping mall looks like an unexceptional local cafe but serves surprisingly good vegetarian food . Staff are knowledgable and very helpful and the place is full of locals making it a fun experience if you are visiting Ochoa Rios and want to try something a bit different

nautchilous, Public Relations Manager at Healthy Way, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

Thanks for the kind words. Please visit us again.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

This is a must stop each time I'm in Ocho rios. My last day porridge was a bulgar porridge it was tough (excellent). You can loose here. Also took some veg patties for the road. Real veg patties.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

I am not a vegetarian/vegan so I really do not go for the meals (except for their ackee and callaloo and curried tufo). My main purpose is to have their porridge. I love porridge (hot cereals)!. It just bring back childhood memories. My first encounter was having a bulgar porridge. I've never even heard of the word bulgar but now it's part of my vocabulary and I seek that out along with the hominy and cornmeal.

Also, I have bought their Fruit Vinegar with Noni... elixir? No idea what you would call it. It is suppose to help with the joints and I guess make your body more ph balanced. You are supposed to add it a couple of tablespoons of water but I can still smell/taste it. Personally, I am not a fan of it because I hate the taste of vinegar (it taste/smell like slightly sweet fermented wine).... but sometimes, things that are good for you do not always have a pleasant taste.

My family members and friends of family have sworn to it's ease of joint pain.

Anyway, if you have the time, and ear, there a two particular people there that would increase your knowledge of the different health properties of the items they sell there. They even have Moringa. I know that's the fairly new health craze now but they sell stuff like that along with spices and essential oils, and of course foods and desserts (and probably other things that I've forgotten/overlooked).

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Any time I am in Ocho Rios I eat here. The food is wonderful and the service is great. Such helpful and informative staff that know their stuff and can suggest duets and herbs to cure common complaints.

nautchilous, Manager at Healthy Way, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the food. My mom ( Ms Anderson) is very passionate about her work. Please come back and visit again. Bless

Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Visited unfortunately only once Healthy Way and as a vegetarian I totally loved food there. Mince was so good, everything had a great taste and the veggie burger was great too.
Just a pity is closing so early at evening because I would definitely go back to take away some of their just great food!
To be visited if you wanna eat healthy way!
Keep it up guys!

nautchilous, Public Relations Manager at Healthy Way, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Bless