US$292
US$270
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
US$75
US$60
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$23
Official Site
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$52
  • Bar/Lounge
The Lion House Jamaica(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$33
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$80
Travelocity
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$989
US$520
1,488 results
All reviewsprivate beachbeach barwhite suitepremier verandah suiteplanters punchcroquet lawnbeach wingblack labmarilyn monroeblue cottagechef mauriceocean spathe cottageswelcome homegarden tourall inclusive planall inclusive option
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Jamaica Inn isn’t perfect but it is idyllic. It is a small hotel with a private beach and has a village atmosphere. All of the rooms are spacious with ocean views and the staff are cheerful, helpful and courteous. Food is a matter of taste and for us the food was good, but not great. Fewer courses and simpler choices would better suit us. Jamaica Inn has a timeless, tranquil quality that made the time we spent there restful and enjoyable. After day trips to tourist attractions coming back to Jamaica Inn for a great nights sleep in a welcoming, peaceful haven is something to value. Thanks to Jamaica Inn we made many happy memories and when we go back to Jamaica we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are more private, all of the rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cleeve A
Management response:Responded 23 February 2017

Hello Cleeve A,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review! We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed our delightful cuisine and spacious room options.Thank you for choosing to make new memories with us and we hope to facilitate the making of many more unforgettable memories!

All the very best until we see you again!

Sherlene Hickling
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We had another fantastic stay at the tranquil and charming Jamaica Inn, where we found everything as wonderful, or better, than our previous visit 5 years ago. At the Inn you feel that you have gone back to a bygone era. Our accommodation was in the West Wing that offers a fantastic view of sunsets from the gorgeously furnished veranda at the waters edge.
This small resort offers impeccable service by helpful and caring staff, many of whom have been working at the resort for years.
For beach lovers there is a wonderful beach that is well equipped with kayaks, paddleboards, and a Hobie Cat. There is also a small swimming pool, croquet Lawn and beautifully maintained gardens.
Congratulations to Chef Henry and his team for providing exceptional food, wide variety, and for including Jamaican cuisine on all the menus. You will not find large-resort buffets here. Meals are professionally served at tables, and in the evenings, you dine under the stars.
The resident dog Shadow IV is a delight and it was amazing to see her enjoying trips on the paddleboard.
Many of the guests at the resort have been coming for many years, a great testament to its continuing excellence. We plan to return.

Room Tip: West Wing is right on the water, great sunset views, sound of the surf.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DebG1977
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

If there are a few words to describe the Jamaica Inn it would be classy, relaxation. If you are looking for a party scene or fancy floors and high ceilings in the lobby, this is not the hotel for you. If you like being treated like royalty and truly relax in luxury, the Jamaica Inn is for you.

After deciding on the Inn, I was fortunate enough to deal with Gerry, from reservations. She was great. She was able to get us a fantastic room, (the suite was the nicest I have stayed at) and was very attentive whenever I had questions. She made us feel we made the right choice.

After the hr and a half drive to ocho rios, we were immediately greeted with drinks and a "welcome home". There is no other hotel that I know of that truly symbolizes that saying.

The Jamaica Inn is not a big property, but had plenty of size for the guests. The beach and grounds were very well taken care off, as were the rooms and common areas. The beach is beautiful and you never have to worry about getting a good spot. There are only 52 suites, so it's never seems crowded.

There is only one restaurant available per meal. There were always plenty of choices for breakfast and the dinner menu changed every day, with plenty of selections. We never tried lunch in the restaurant, as we were always too full from breakfast. You can also order room service anytime of the day if you get hungry. Dinner is a five course meal and we thought the food was very good. We had the same table and mostly the same server each night. Ryan the mgr was great and Carter, the waiter did a real nice job. He always had a smile on his face and was the only person that called me "mon", the entire trip. I am used to that at other places in Jamaica and like to have a little local feel. There was also another waiter we had for dinner that I forgot his name. He was great too, but didn't work the last two nights. To name a few others, Robert and Samuel and all the meal and bar staff were attentive and did a great job. They also have a band that played every night. They played oldies and Jamaican music. Thought they were great too.

One thing I noticed about my stay, was that the employees stay a long time. Our maid was there 29 years and one man who was close to retirement, had been there over 50 years. There were many more like that. It makes me feel like the employees are treated well and made my wife and I feel good about our choice. Plus many of the guests had been coming for years. I can see why it's tough to find a better place. We were fortunate to meet the owner, as he seemed to be there everyday. He was nice to talk to and obviously knew Jamaica well, so he can always give you pointers on what to do.

All in all, it was an excellent vacation. The only downside were a few days of on and off rain, but overall, the weather is good. I always like to find the next best hotel for our yearly vacation, but hopefully we will be back next year. If Gerry can get us the same deal, we are ready to sign up today. Thank you Jamaica Inn and I highly recommend to anyone looking for a great vacation of relaxation and excellent treatment.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Matt G
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We stayed at the Jamaica Inn for four glorious nights at the end of January. Although we have been to Jamaica many times, this was our first stay at the Jamaica Inn. We did a split stay with a nearby resort, and we should have stayed longer at the Jamaica Inn.

I knew we would be in for exceptional service when all of my emails prior to our visit were answered quickly and thoroughly. They arranged for everything - Club Mobay, our transfer, and even arranged for our spa appointment prior to our visit.

Ken provided a safe and pleasant ride from Montego Bay to the Jamaica Inn. He had a little cooler with drinks, and even agreed to stop so that we could pick up some Sangsters prior to our arrival.

Eric (one of the owners) personally greeted us upon our arrival. Wow. We saw Eric and his brother, Peter, numerous times during our visit, and they were always pleasant and interested in how we were enjoying our stay.

I booked the Superior Balcony Suite, which is the least expensive room in the resort. I decided to splurge on the All Inclusive option, though. I thought the Superior room would be just fine for our needs based on the photos on line. And I was right. We both loved being on the second floor and sleeping with the verandah doors open at night. The resort is so quiet and peaceful at night, it was wonderful to fall asleep to the sounds of tree frogs and waves.

There was a giant walk in closet in the room with lots of hangers and shelves for our clothes, along with the safe.

The king bed was very comfortable with high end linens. The bathroom was very modern and with some nice touches like paintings, vases, and wonderful shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. There were always plenty of towels, in addition to the beach towels.

Of course, the star of the room is the huge verandah. In addition to a couch, there was a huge wingback chair, dining table with two chairs, desk, coffee table, mini-fridge, coffee maker, water pitches, ice bucket, and drying rack. The view from our balcony was spectacular. We absolutely loved sitting on our balcony both during the morning while we drank coffee and in the evening before dinner.

Ice was replenished by housekeeping, but was readily available in coolers located near the rooms.

There were so many nice touches in the room, such as complimentary mosquito spray, a mosquito burn coil, a regular candle with matches in the room (I hardly ever see candles anymore in rooms; very romantic), and comfy robes.

Housekeeping did a great job keeping our room clean and sand free. The turndown service was also terrific - they always came when we were at dinner, and in addition to the turndown, provided fresh towels.

Patrice brought us a complimentary bottle of white wine on our first afternoon. We weren't celebrating anything special, but it was a very nice touch and we certainly enjoyed the wine one evening before dinner.

Even though this is a small resort, there is a nice sized fitness center that is open 24/7. One room had free weights and a universal type weight machine. The adjacent room had 2 treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike and various balls and mats. This is also the only place on the resort with a TV. The rooms are air conditioned and were always well supplied with towels, water, and sanitizing wipes. My husband chose to run outside (naturally) during our stay and Peter provided suggestions for places to jog off of the main roads.

We are avid snorkelers and could not believe the spectacular snorkeling that is available right off the beach. If you turn left (west) after you go in the water, you can snorkel around to the next bay. The cliffs all have coral growing on and around them. The best part is, the area is all roped off. No worries about boats coming too close. It was truly a snorkel paradise.

The beach itself is large with soft white sand (a much nicer beach than our second resort, which was located about a mile from the Jamaica Inn). There were plenty of palapas and shade for everyone. The staff helped us set up our chairs with covers and towels. Bucky (I hope I got his name right) asked if we liked our location, and said that he would make sure that he set up our chairs for us the next day in the same area. This is just amazing attention to detail.

As I mentioned, we opted for the All Inclusive. We did not want to venture off the resort since we were only there for four nights. I am very glad that we did. Did it save us money? Probably not. And I probably will not opt for all-inclusive on our future stays (and we will definitely be back). My husband found a nearby (short walk) grocery store (Petcom Supermarket) and he was able to pick up Dragon Stout, juices, and soda for our mini-fridge for $13 US.

However, every meal was amazing. Breakfast and lunch can be had at their beautiful covered patio overlooking the Caribbean. The salmon eggs benedict on brioche was one of the best things I've ever tasted. While we were on the beach, a waiter came out with menus and asked if we would like lunch on the beach. Who wouldn't?? We had burgers, sandwhiches, calamari, and meat pies for our lunches and everything was fresh and delicious.

The cocktail hour and dinner under the stars were just magical, though. (There is an option to have a five course dinner for $79/pp.) The menu was different every night. Everything we had was delicious. While we enjoyed a pre-meal cocktail, we were served snacks and Patrice took excellent care of us. During dinner, we enjoyed listening to a live band each night. The Jackfish I had one night was especially delicious.

As dog people, we were thrilled to make the acquaintance of the famous Shadow. Shadow let us play with her and rub her belly. She also accompanied us on some of our swims. I have to admit that Shadow was a big selling point for us when deciding to book the Jamaica Inn.

We had a couples massage at the Oasis Spa which is located on the cliff. Our treatment was in a hut over the water which was amazing enough. My husband, who is not a big massage fan, said that it was one of the best massages that he's ever had.

Prior to our visit, I emailed the Jamaica Inn to see if we could have friends who were also visiting Ocho Rios come visit with us for an afternoon. Our friends were made to feel welcome and they joined us on the beach for a few hours.

I have to mention Teddy's Bar. We loved listening to Teddy sing and his wise sayings. Although it was rarely necessary to make the short walk to the bar since there were always people checking to see if we needed another drink.

The night before our check out, the guest services manager asked if we might need a later checkout. She knew we were transferring to another resort, and didn't want us to be in limbo. That is just above and beyond attention to detail. She told us to check with the front desk the following morning. Now, keep in mind, check out is normally 1:00, which is a late check out at most places. We were able to arrange for a 3:00 checkout, which allowed us to enjoy a relaxing morning and one final lunch at Jamaica Inn. Upon check out, the guest services manager presented me with a beautiful keepsake box. Again, I have never experienced this level of attention to detail anywhere else, and we travel a lot, both for work and leisure. After arriving home, we received a lovely handwritten thank you card from Jamaica Inn.

My husband wanted me to add that the library is a really cool place to hang out and look at the photos. He liked the photos of Marilyn Monroe.

I usually try to keep my reviews realistic by including at least something negative. The ONLY things I can come up with are these: one treadmill was out of service for the four days we were there (but this didn't impact us); and there was a bit of confusion prior to our visit about whether or not there was a coffee maker in the room and what time coffee was available in the lobby in the morning (turns out, coffee is available around 6:00 a.m. and there was a coffee maker in our room along with filters). That's all that I can come up with.

We did not see anything other than couples at the resort, although they do allow children over 12 during the winter months.

I know this is a long review, but I wanted to mention things that I had not seen in other reviews. We will absolutely be back, and for more than four nights next time.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Nittany&Fargo
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Kind of piling on. But we had a fantastic stay. Most relaxed I've come home from a trip in a lonnnnnng time.
They really try to make things easy for you here.
Of note I'd add that if there's anywhere you want to go, trust the hotel to arrange it for you. I sensed they pick your driver based on what you want to do. All of them were knowledgeable and excellent and our day trips were great.
Every single meal here was great. And the bar staff knew our names and tastes after a day.

I've been to a lot of hotels in a lot of countries. Most of them I'm indifferent if I ever went to back. Not here. This place I'd go back to, as a destination in and of itself.
Nice job, JamaicaInn.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gostate93
Management response:Responded 13 February 2017

Hello Gostate93,
Thank you for your wonderful compliments regarding your stay! We are thrilled to read that you had an amazing stay with us and got a chance to experience our exquisite food and exceptional staff. At Jamaica Inn we try our best to ensure guests feel like they are completely catered to throughout their stay, thank you for confirming this. We hope that it won't be too long before we can welcome you back!

Best wishes,