Just got back home an hour ago !
The food - fabulous as usual ! Best meal was the loin strip at the Manor !
The room - got bumped up several notches to the Romeo and Juliet suites ! Loved it. Had a secluded courtyard in the suite with a hot tub and a separate isolated bar room with a TV which was great on the couple of rainey days.
The shuttles - a real pain for the hillside folks. There are the mini-buses for the Hillside and the maxi-buses for the rounds to the seaside. A lot of time spent just getting shuttled. I believe most of the returning guests know to stay on the seaside where the mini-buses are not used.
The staff - wonderful ! A special thanks to Insane Odane, Tyrone (T-Bone) and Shauna-lee. And the bartender at Jaime's.
Volleyball - of course it depends in part on the guests, but not much activity there, unfortunately, One pool game and one beach game in 8 days !
One blemish - Sandals contracts out the airport shuttles. Today on the way back to the airport, the driver stopped at a roadside mart and bought beer which he consumed during the 2 hour ride back to the airport. Fortunately, Sandals has a toll free number to report these kinds of things. Been to Jamaica many jtimes and I have never seen this before.
Nightly entertainment - very good.
Internet - spotty up in the room. Was perfect at the Great house, which is the base on the Hillside.
TV channels - good selection. Would like to see CNBC return to the channel mix.
Valentino's - should be a reservation restaurant ! Took 3 tries to get in there. Much easier for the people staying on the seaside side.
Spa - did not get there, which is unusual for us.
Resort selection - Will probably go back to Negril, Antigua, Nassau, and Whitehouse before returning to Ocho Rios again. This was our 12th Sandal's trip and our first to Ocho Rios.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios