Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandals Royal Plantation(Ocho Rios)
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
  • Pool
Edgewater(Ocho Rios)
Plantation Inn(Ocho Rios)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
9,221 results
All reviewsmanor sideriviera sidereef terracebutler villagebutler servicerabbit holemanor housekelly's docksidemanor poolgreat housesouthern tablesemi private poolle gourmandpolo loungeclub levelour honeymoonriviera building
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just returned from our 7 night stay at this beautiful resort and let me just say that we had the time of our lives!!!!!!

As far as the ceremony and reception go, our wedding planner Kerry-Ann was AMAZING!!!!! Before and after the wedding she went out of her way to make sure we had everything that we needed. The food was delicious!!!! I usually expect wedding food to be subpar but everything that we selected was a 10!

I suggest getting the butler service if you can swing it! The rooms are spacious and the service is immaculate. Be sure to plan ahead for tips. You can tip as you go or charge it to your room! Ask for Kelly!!!!!! He was super attentive and gracious. He went out of his to make sure our trip went off without a hitch.

Playmakers/Entertainment crew did everything from teaching us to dance to getting the party started pool side. Boom boom, Ramario, Karah, and Jerry kept the party going! They gave our trip a personal touch making sure that we were having a good time at all times! For me they made our trip extremely memorable.

In the morning in the big pool we took a water aerobics class with Adrian to make room for lunch. Lol it was a good work out with good entertainment!!!

Our favorite bartender was Oswald! Every time he saw us coming he had drinks ready for us! And Melissa in the Manor restaurant went out of her way to make sure our large group was seated next to one another at all times.

The service as a whole was just wonderful. I hope we can get back soon!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krystal S
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We really did have a wonderful holiday, Sandals is lovely and most of the staff, go out of their way, to see to it that you have a great time. The manager, David, what a lovely man, you see him around, talking to customers, laughing and telling jokes, love him. I would say that 50% of the staff, follows his lead, the others ( like,the reception staff, for one, we were there for 2 weeks, however helpful they were, we never saw them smile)

I went for a spa teatment, which Natasha,really went out of her way, to insure that I had a nice time. But when it was time to leave, the spa receptionist, was trying to sell me some products,made it clear that she wasn't happy cause I wasn't going to make a purchase.
Some of the young ones,were just great,Deno, from Sundowers at breakfast, and Neptunes, in the evening,went all out of his way for us, every time we saw him, what a lovely boy.

Annemarie from the beach club was outstanding, she got to know what we both like to drink,and would just turn up with them, at the right time. I have to talk about O'Brain, from Kelly's, he is a working, we go out of his way, all the time to insure that you were happy, lovely man. Also Sophia from Valentino's, Peter, the chief from Bay Restaurant , and Ashley, the HTP, on bar and cocktails, all excellent staff.

We had butler service, which to be honest, I was not looking forward to,but we had Patrick,and Makito. What can you say, two really lovely people. Makito,works really hard on the small touches, like lovely things on the beds, and little snaps when you get back to your room, after a day out. Patrick,Patrick, ........ Is outstanding, he has to be one of your hardness worker, he's a people person, he is a real gentleman. I am not sure if Sandals realise, what they have in him. I feel that you can't get a better butler, and he should be made the head trainer for butlers at sandals. He should travel round all sandals, training all butlers to be like him.

The one thing we both could' get our head around, is the soon come back credits. This is our second visit to sandals, each time we have booked for 14 nights. The Americans book for about 4-5 nights at a time. But listening to them talk, they get a much better deal than us from England. Listening to them, we paid a lot more for our holidays with Sandals, than they do, and I am not including the flights. They will tell you about all their credits, we have stayed for 28 nights, and only had credits in the spa, we just booked for another 14 nights, making 42 nights, and been told that we have no credits, this is not the case for Americans.

Room Tip: We find it hard to understand what room we have booked, to the room we get, I have always been a little disappointed. I would say, a room facing the beach, so that you can enjoy the sunsets.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios is wonderful! The grounds, beaches and poolside areas are pristine. Food and drinks are everywhere! The excursions are plentiful and reasonably priced. A lovely young lady at the front desk named Britany went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that our 29th anniversary was memorable. This was our first trip to Jamaica, but it won't be our last. Thanks, Sandals and a very special thanks to Britany. The China Doll Restaurant was great and Kelly's Dockside was amazing! The biggest problem with Sandals Grande Riviera is that the vacation has to end sometime.

Room Tip: They are all good, it just depends on you. They have everything from ocean view, pool view, garden view, party areas, quiet areas. Sandals has it all!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed for 6 nights early April at SGR and had the time of our life! This was our second Sandals stay, and it was for our 6 year wedding anniversary. Our first Sandals stay was at SRB for our honeymoon. We stayed Ocean Front Club Level (no butler) and had a perfect room with a perfect view! Absolutely no complains, all of the food was Awesome, we ate at the beach party, returning guest dinner, Soy, Kimonos, Neptunes, Valentinos, Mariners, Bayside, Reef, Dinos, and everything we ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner was GREAT! We spent most of our days by the ocho pool and beach and our bartender Lopez was Awesome, always knew our favorite drinks! And we danced the nights away at Jamie's Bar and it was always a great time!! We LOVE SGR and will definitely return!!!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We just came back from two amazing weeks at Sandals Ocho Rios Grand Reserve, I have to say we were hesitant after reading reviews by other gay couples who have stayed there in the past at one point we were going to cancel our trip, but after a chat with the resort team and an email to Adam the CEO, we decided to stay. This was not a cheap holiday, we spent $18K and the fact I was going to propose, I wanted perfection.

We did Club World, private plane transfer, helicopter to our London home to and from Gatwick and use of the royal suite. We recommend chartering a private plan to get us to resort we booked TimAir Limited, from the time we left the plane to our private plan was 30 mins, the bus transfer can take up to 3 hours, it will set you back $1800 as a couple or two couples return, you get to spend the day in the resort on the way back as you only need to arrive 90min before departure.

Well I can say any negativity about the staff towards gay couples is totally unfounded, as a gay couple we got more disapproving looks from some of our fellow guests and we didn't even hold hands. Just goes to show our cousins across the pond haven't grown up.

We booked a butler villa suite and had two of the most amazing butlers Marvin and Ricardo who were amazing, they genuinely care about their guests and really made our stay special, this goes for all the staff at Sandals, they can't do enough for you including, Annalise and Johan at the Polo Lounge, Dwayne at Jamie's and Basil at Great House bar are now proficient in the art of Earl Grey Martini making. We loved them so much we sent them 201 martini recipe books.

The butler villa suites are really nice, they are not the Ritz, but really spacious and full of booze, you have your own bar restocked to your liking. The 24 hour room service is OK, not the best food, but if you need emergency food is perfect. The beds are so comfy and huge, we struggled to get up at 6AM and every night the housekeepers towel creations were truly creative.

Now on to the food, it can go from amazing (Valentino's China Doll, The Manor House, Sushi Bar for dinner) to truly disappointing Kelly's Dock and Kimono's. But for breakfast and lunch you can't go wrong. Great selection, but our butlers (I am sure were tracking us via the cell phones they gave us) would pop up and suggested where we ate, you wont be disappointed,

The diving, I am a PADI assistant instructor and to me I could dive for two weeks included, to be honest, Its OK and that's about it, highlights we dived with a dolphin and few turtles, the rest of the diving is boring. The dive team should separate divers based on experience, it was a lot of shallow diving and when I wanted to deep I had to pay $80 per dive. It was all shallow and you have to come up when the newbie's are out of air, 30 min dive, boring for lots of experienced divers when you come up with 2/3rd of a tank of air, but again the team are fab, its not them, they love diving, it's the process, but they have 2 dive boats so one for newbie's and one for experienced.

So who made all this happen and the one manger who knows every single guest is Vishal the hotel manager. Brain the GM and Adam the CEO are great, but do they really know the guests, no its mangers like Vishal who have the ability to know every guest by name!!

All in all we loved the resort, we are going back in Sept for a week, but we discovered the report next door (an extension of Grand Reserve but tiny all butler resort) which to us is the perfect holiday, the Royal Plantation's which has a 3 bed private villa and we have booked it next year, but we want Marvin and Ricardo as our butlers!!!! are you listening Brian?

This really is high praise coming from a gay couple who demand the best and now we have been converted to Sandals holidays...so I think that says it all

Room Tip: If you book a butler suite ask for ask for Marvin and Ricardo
8  Thank sw1lad