“Best Chicken Soup in Ochi...Hearty and Cooked from Scratch!”

Captain's Bakery & Grill
Ranked #46 of 118 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Just bumped into this place accidentally as I did not want "bakery" stuff. Agree that the staff is a little nonchalant per other reviews but with a little chit chat everybody warmed up nicely. I had curried goat (large portion and reasonably priced) on two occasions but had the chicken soup four times. it was perfectly cooked and not salty. We did end up buying something called a rock cake and a hard dough white bread. Both were OK but not for everyday consumption at least not for me. I will definitely return and would recommend for a Jamaican meal at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Hotelier32819

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We just stopped once. The service was slow and our order was taken by a very disinterested sales person. The jerk chicken was OK but we were not inclined to go back. We went their initially because of the word "bakery" in the name, because we could not find any real bread bakeries in Ocho Rios. They do sell canolis and other sweet treats, but not a lot.

1  Thank Roger K
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Stopped in for the 2 piece chicken lunch special ..... $500 JD (about $5 Cdn). Chicken was tasty and firm (unlike a lot of what we get here lately) and had a goodly amount of beans and rice, and a dash of green salad, with it. A drink was also included. One skinny lil napkin they give you with it, so be sure to bring a few wet naps or some paper towel with you!

1  Thank islandiver7
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Popped into Ocho Rios on a recent holiday in search of a bakery to buy some authentic Jamaican confectionary. This is not exactly what I had in mind.

Curious combination of bakery and fast food. I stood at the counter waiting to be served but was just simply ignored by the staff. I eventually asked for assistance and was told I need to pay first. I went to a counter where the same person say by behind what can is best described as a cashiers booth similar to an old post office and she took my order, which was difficult, as I was then away from the products and so I had to ask lots of questions.

Eventually I got my order sorted and waited for another ten minutes while the seriously unhurried staff made up my order. Urgency is not high on the agenda here.

The food, cakes etc, were very nice. I also ended up ordering some chicken soup which was delicious.

1  Thank WMJAB
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Authentic Jamaican breakfast served here is big portions with all the trimmings. The best boiled dumplings I've ever had, with delicious saltfish and calalloo! The cheapest meal we've had so far in Jamaica but definitely one of the best!

1  Thank sqn179