Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$121
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$68
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$87
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$159
Official Site
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$86
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$48
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Sea Palms(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$150
Agoda.com
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$380
US$244
The Lion House Jamaica(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
2,062 results
All reviewsloud barflow riderresort creditawe spawater journeykonoko fallsmomo restaurantvacation plannersla gondolagondola restaurantpresidential suiteclub noirpublic relationspalace membersdiamond conciergepier seafoodpalace elite
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We were married here on March 24th. Our wedding planner Nischelle was the best. She made sure everything ran smoothly. The wedding was beautiful and took place on the south beach side of the resort by Pier 8. Our bartender from Thursday made us special shots on Thursday and surprised us and our guests with them after the wedding. The drink was called Oochi, I didn't get his name but he works at Pier 8. Special thanks to him!

Thanks to Ricardo at Pier 8 also for requesting that our food be seasoned the way we like! Resort food can be quite bland as they cater to all sorts of preferences so request what you like, they will accommodate. The wings there for lunch are also really good.

ROWAN- the best waiter ever! He's usually on the beach were the paddle boats and kayaks are. I have been to Mexico, Bahamas, PR as well as other places and he has been the most hospitable, gracious waiter I have ever encountered. He waited on us and our entire wedding party when they arrived on the beach and all service was with a smile.

The 24 hour pizza was great as it accommodates kids as well as adults who are up late. The pizza is great and the sushi bar and desert bar next to it were also wonderful. The breakfast was great every morning. Omelets are made to order.

The teens club was cool and our teens visited there daily. The loud bar was also a great time! We requested music and had a great time there. The piano bar which is very chill was a great place for 1 on 1 time over great drinks. Our bartender was also great. I can't remember his name but the take it easy shot was good!

The jerk chicken on the beach is so good! Not sure why it was only offered from 12 noon until about 3. This should be all day.
Gondola was the best! We only ate here once, huge mistake as it was the best food! 13 of us ate here family style and had a great time.

The club was nice and played all kinds of music to welcome everyone. The bar there is also great. The catamaran ride was great! I can't remember our guys name but he took us and my parents out for a wonderful time.

Rooms were a bit small but bathroom was tiny! A bigger bathroom would have been much better but didn't stop our great time. The last day of the 7 there was disaster as the air went out in our room. We went out for the night and returned to a still 78 degree room. We called again after returning at about 1:30 am to a still warm room and unfortunately the fix did not fix it.

Overall, it was a great time! The most friendly people ever at this resort.

3  Thank ChrisTina_Fabe
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear ChrisTina_Fabe,

We are elated to be in receipt of your awesome review describing your wonderful vacation attained at our property.

It is with sincere appreciation that we extend to you for having selected us to host such a magnificent event as that of your Wedding, our team is thrilled to have been given this gracious opportunity, a big congratulations to you both!

The highlighted staff who contributed to your vacation and Wedding being nothing less than spectacular will be commended for their above and beyond efforts.

Additionally, we are excited to be made aware that our facilities such as the Loud Bar, Wired Lounge, Disco Noir just to name a few offered total enjoyment to your travel group.
Your issue mentioned with your air condition is duly noted and we are working assiduously to ensure these inconveniences do not resurface to affect the time our valued guests have with us negatively.

Nonetheless, our team is delighted to have made this amazing milestone for you as special as it was intended to be ad we hope to host you to many more visits in our piece of paradise.

Moon Palace Jamaca

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It was an ok experience. At this price level expectation is to have 5/5 everywhere - so my intention is simply to help a would be tourist.

1. Do not let the "resort credits" sway your decision. They are quite worthless. For example in gift shop they have simply marked up a handful of items to $200 when they should not be $10 and you still have to pay 16% tax. Activities that are included - are over priced (270 for flyboard vs you google same activity it was 145) etc. So dont consider it when making a decision. Resort credits cannot be used for anything useful from gift shop.

2. In one restaurant we had to wait 2.5 hours and food was quite horrible. Momo restaurant was quite good. I think they need atleast one more good sit-down restaurant based on the amount of people.

3. Non motorized water sports was nice. Lots of fun stuff there.

4. Pools were good too.

5. Worst thing was their "wrist bands". They are made of plastic and not comfortable for wearing for 5 days. And since they are plastic - on sensitive skin your skin under it could get too sensitive and get blisters. And at this price level I dont want to see almost a "threat" of losing these. They will charge you an obnoxious price of $270 per day for losing this piece of crap. For me this was the worst part as my wife developed these blisters and had to see a doctor and all they did was to give her the same band and asked her to keep it in purse and same "threat" that you lose it - we will charge $270 per day.

So if you have people in your party with sensitive skin beware of this as this could mess up your vacation.

Overall I am not complaining - it was ok. Wont go there again though!

Room Tip: Building 2 is best. Building 3 also had good rooms. No balcony but when you open window on high floor the view was nice
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Saad A

Dear Saad A,

Thank you for the time invested to share your overall experience attained with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our Water Sports activities and the multiple pools on property.

Your feedback is important to us, hence, we are saddened to learn that your expectations were not met throughout your getaway on-site, we are filled with dismay having learned of your unique experience had with the wristbands, we apologize for this inconvenience.as this was definitely not our intention.

We thank you for having selected our beautiful Resort for your awe-inclusive vacation and hoped despite your encounters to be bestowed the opportunity of hosting you to a more fulfilling visit than that of your last.

Moon Palace Jamaica.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The hotel offers free shuttle service from airport. When we left airport, we had to wait 45 mins for shuttle bus to fill up. It then takes additional 2 hrs to get to hotel.
Rooms-Nicely decorated, room service came daily in AM and once again in afternoon to restock fridge and give extra clean towels. Bring your own hair dryer as theirs is very weak.
Pools-Good pools with one blue slide and pool side activities for kids. Pool and beach chairs would be filled up by early AM.
Beach-beach is not very wide but clean(no seaweed on beach). You will feel seaweed at your feet in ocean. Water is calm.
Children Rooms-There is a playroom for little kids as well as a different one for older kids. There are a decent number of games and video games at both places. Children Playrooms are better than most resorts.
Staff-We encountered both friendly as well as indifferent staff. They all do run around and work very hard.
Resort Credits-they give you resort credits to be used for spa or excursions. The gimmick is that you still have to pay "service fee/tax(~20-25%)" of the resort credit amount. That's probably the real cost of the service anyways. Also u can only use limited credits at spa.
Restaurants/Food
Momos-Asian Fusion-excellent food and service.
Gondolla-Upscale Italian-excellent food and service
The boulangerie had great pastries, crepes, and ice cream.
Sushi and pizza place were great.
Beachside Jerk Chicken served in afternoon was amazing.
Breakfast is standard buffet. You can also get room service for breakfast.
One negative is that for hibachi place, you have to stand in a line for 45-60 mins at
1 pm to make a reservation for that day(u cannot reserve in advance). After waiting in line for 45 mins, I was offered only 445pm or 10 pm dinner reservation.
Second negative is that if you eat before 7pm(like we did), there is generally no wait at restaurants. If you eat closer to 8 pm, there is long wait as most people want to eat at Momos or Gondolla.
At the start or our trip, the resort was not too crowded but by the end of our stay, it became very crowded with lines for all food/drinks.
Overall a great resort(4.5 stars)

4  Thank Aditya777
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Aditya777,

On behalf of the Management and the Team, we would like to extend our gratitude to you for taking the time to prepare a review of your vacation experience on TripAdvisor.

Our promise to you our valued guest is to offer services and amenities to facilitate your total satisfaction.

We have noted your comments about our cleaners and will definitely address to ensure an experience such as this does not take away from you our valued guest having amazing experiences.

Thank you for having made us your preferred getaway accommodation, we hope that these experiences do not deter you from visiting us in future in order for us to create a more tremendous getaway than that of your last.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Transportation from airport was courteous, clean and informative. Check an and bell staff were friendly and welcoming. Room was spacious, clean and luxurious. All the rooms have an ocean view. Free calls to US and Canada was a great perk as well as the wi-fi. We were there the week before spring break and staff were attentive and very friendly. Loads of choices for food and the drinks were plentiful. We felt pampered and spoiled for the whole week. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Building 1 is exquisite if you have a choice but mostly for members.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mckerrellway

Dear mckerrellway,

Thank you for your exciting review expressing the luxurious awe-inclusive vacation achieved on site.

We are thrilled to learn that your expectations were most definitely exceeded as a result of the exceptional services delivered by our staff.

A whole-heartened thank you from each and every one of our team members, for expressing your appreciation had towards the unparalleled service you received throughout all our facilities.

Our team is ecstatic to learn that you have already considered visiting us through future vacations where we intend to extend nothing less than that of extraordinary service once agaiin.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Just returned from a week stay at the Moon Palace Jamaica Grand. Having stayed at other Palace Resorts in Mexico (Beach and Playacar), I feel that this hotel is superior. It is clean, well kept, and the staff is great. Everyone we encountered was so nice and genuine. We had a family room which was two connecting hotel rooms-one with a king and the other with two doubles. While I wish there were more restaurants, I thought the food was superior to other Palace hotels. La Gondola was excellent and the service spectacular. We also enjoyed The hibachi at Momo's. The buffet had a fantastic selection and we loved the pizza, panini, and sushi restaurant. The boulangerie had great pastries, crepes, and ice cream. The pool snack bar is great for kids. The nightly entertainment is good, although not well publicized. It was a good family vacation.

There were a few things that prevent me from giving a five star review:

1. The beginning of our stay was not busy so we had an easy time securing seats around the pool in the morning. The last few days of our stay, we had a hard time getting seats. A nice towel boy set up chairs and an umbrella for us and told us he could set us up seats in the same spot the next day. I never saw him again and he didn't set up any seats for us (but had no problem taking our $10 advance tip). On our last day, i was at the pool by 6:15 and was amazed at the number of saved seats. I think if you make friends with a reliable pool worker and tip well, you can get your seats. Otherwise, get up at the crack of dawn to save a good spot.

2. Service credits-everything we wanted to do required us to pay out of pocket. We were not able to use many service credits at all. I was also given conflicting information about my children using the spa. I was told that children under 16 could not have a facial. When I asked if I could make an appointment for our daughters who were turning 16 during our stay, I was told that I couldn't even make an appointment until they turned 16. When in went to make an appointment on their 16th birthday, I was told that they needed to be 17 in order to have a facial or I had to book a 'couples' appointment and go with them. So, I would have needed to book two couples facials in order for them each to have one. As I didn't need two facials on the same day, we weren't able to use our spa credits.

3. When I booked our visit, I indicated that our twin daughters would turn 16 during our stay. At our check-in meeting with a Palace representative, I was asked if we were celebrating anything so I mentioned the girls' birthday and asked about making hibachi reservations at Momo's to celebrate. I was told that I could not make reservations in advance however, she would order a cake and have it sent to Momo's on their birthday and it would be there no matter what time we secured reservations. She even asked them what flavor they would like and "ordered" a half chocolate and half vanilla cake for them. The day of their birthday, I waited in line and made reservations and told the hostess about the cake. She had no idea but took down their names. When we arrived on their birthday, I mentioned it to our waiter and he had absolutely no idea that it was their birthday but asked for their names. When it came time for dessert, we waited so long that our fellow diners left before dessert was served. Our waiter finally brought our a plate with their names and happy birthday written on it with two small squares of chocolate cake. It looked nice however, only one of my kids likes chocolate so my other child didn't even touch her birthday cake. I never saw this half chocolate/half vanilla cake that was promised. If the hotel is going to ask if we are celebrating anything please follow through with what was promised.

3. Loud music at night-We put our fan on "high" to help drown out music from town. On Saturday, the music was pounding until 4 a.m. We were in building 2 which is closer to town.

4. Drink replenishment was not consistent. Some days, our fridge would be re-stocked, other days we had to call in the evening for more drinks.

4  Thank LuckyStLouis

Dear LuckyStLouis,

We are pleased to be in receipt of your review describing your spring break vacation attained with our Moon Palace Jamaica family and we thank you for highlighting our staff who executed such exceptional customer service.

It was quite delightful to have hosted such a magnificent occasion as that of your twin daughter's sweet sixteen birthday celebration.

The impeccable conditions all throughout our facilities likewise the professionalism received through all interactions had on the property are meticulously maintained by our team consistently hence we are ecstatic this effort captivated your attention.

We are however saddened to have learned that a less than spectacular getaway was achieved based on the encounters mentioned in your review. These concerns described have been duly noted in an effort to lower the possibility of having reoccurrences, be assured that these highlighted encounters are not our intention as we aim to deliver only that of first class service to all our valued guests. Despite the inconveniences experienced, we hope to be given the opportunity once more to extend a more tremendous vacation than that of your last attained with us.