“Expensive drinks, terrible food, slow service”

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Negril
Ranked #60 of 208 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 2 April 2018

You can't even walk on the beach in front of Margaritaville without being hassled. They have water toys and charge a fee to swim in their portion of the beach. Loud, crowded, not worth it.

Margaritaville C, General Manager at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

My name is Jeanelle Waddell and I am the General Manager of Margaritaville Negril. I appreciate your candid comments with regards to your recent visit. I am sorry that this was your experience. There is no charge to use the water toys or swim in the beach. We have worked with our security team to ensure they provide a level of service that is in line with Margaritaville’s service standards. I hope you have the opportunity to return to Margaritaville Negril.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,668)

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Margaritaville twice during our visit for the afternoon entertainment and to get a taste of ‘back home’ while on vacation.

I wasn’t expecting it, but the burgers were amazing and well worth the visit!

What makes Margaritaville in Negril special is the beach and the ‘Adult’ games that are MC’d by a very funny young Jamaica each afternoon. Everyone there goes to ‘let their hair down’ and get it on!

If you are in Negril, you have to Visit!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We came here as part of a excursion to Negril from Montego Bay. We were at the Margaritaville in Montego Bay the previous day, and Negril's location was much better! The environment was relaxed. We were there from 12 noon to 3pm. You have access to the beautiful 7 mile beach and can take a walk along the water. Its a great way to visit the beach in that area if you are not staying in Negril. We had lunch there and it was very good as well as a few margaritas. My daughter got her hair braided and they also had a massage hut. They have PLENTY of chairs to lay on the beach as well as a few umbrellas for shade. As we were leaving at 3pm, the DJ started to play games and it was turning into more of a party atmosphere. I would definitely return, possibly during the evening.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was one of our stops back from our caterman tour from rib tropical bay. It is located on Seven mile beach, one of the best detaches in Jamaica. Cat came close to shore, they put down the stairs and we walked off into warm beautiful water then onto shore. There was not a lot going on when we arrived. They have the same vibe as all the margaritaville’s. Lots of photo opportunities. DJ booth is out side on the sandy beach. Our group of 6 bought a drink and went to the upstairs level. Great views. Had the floor to our selves. Great time. We were going to go back for an evening visit but did not make it.....next time!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This was a fun spot. It was one of the stops we made on our way to Rick’s Cafe. Enjoyed the beach here and the drinks were good. Fun entertainment on the beach.