“Excellent stay.”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We arrived 10-10-12 and left on 10-14-12. Rooms were clean. Air conditioning worked great. Vendors were accessible. Security on site 24/7. Security also on beach to keep away aggressive vendors. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Guides and taxis available at hotel for safe transportation to the city, restaurants,and atm's. We were taken to atm machines and the guides made sure that we were able to use them safely even at night time. The food was awesome. Free breakfast buffet every morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christopher H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We arrived on Oct. 4th to celebrate our anniversary. Everything was wonderful. We were picked up from the Montego Bay airport by Kenny's Travel. We were using a voucher from Living Social so airport transfers were included. The moment we arrived at the resort we were treated like family. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was quaint but very, very clean. I have stayed at 5 Star hotels that were not as clean. The beach was beautiful and the ocean was beautiful. Breakfast was prepared daily, so we were full until dinner. Taxis were expensive, but to play it safe we used the taxi service offered by the hotel. Both of the hotel drivers, Trevor and Clive, were friendly and made great suggestions on where to eat and visit. We enjoyed the local tourist attractions, Town Square and Ricks. On our last night we had a romantic dinner at The Rock, it was well worth the visit. Dinner at Treehouse was not very appealing, so I do not recommend it. Instead there is a great place next door to Treehouse and several really good places on the beach. Back to the staff, Jermaine (the bellman) and the waitress staff were excellent. Every time they encountered us at the resort they wanted to be sure we were OK and asking if we needed anything. I had a massage on the beach by Sherry, it was excellent. Just the experience of having a massage on the beach was exhilarating. I did not invest in the tours or the glass boat rides. Instead we spent our 5days on the beach, visiting downtown Negril, and finding places to eat. This is a great place to visit and as stated earlier the staff is exceptional. There were earlier reviews about the people who hassle you on the beach but with a simple no they move on. After 5 days and 4 nights, it was hard to leave. Our trip to the airport was very comfortable. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who plans to travel to Negril. This is our new found hideaway and where we plan to celebrate future anniversaries. Going in the off season was a great added benefit because there were no crowds.

Cons, no refrigerator in the room and taxi rides are expensive

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean view that would be highly recommended. The AC was noisy but functioning.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia H
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I've been to Negil numerous times over the years, and although I've been at the Tree House, I never actually stayed there until this past June when we went there on a whim. Being accustomed to how "Jamaican time" works, I was thrilled to actually get to talk to Gail (the owner)on the phone, make a quick reservation with transportation and arrive just two days later. Upon arrival, a great desk staff greeted us and immediatly delivered us to our room, which was clean, spacious and had a huge bathroom! We chose a garden front and loved the gardens everywhere, and the swings outside of everyroom are so wonderful that you'll want to sneak one home (but please don't as I plan on using them for years!). The beach was only steps away, and what a beach, you won't find a better one! The jerk chicken on the beach for lunch is great, and we enjoyed the buffet breakfast everyday which is fab!! I don't know where they get the ginger syrup- but YUM!! If you get the chance, make sure to attend Gail's reception or a morning paddle board (she has the nice ones, be sure to rent one- you'll love it!). The staff was great, they were there when you needed them, but also gave you privacy, they even went above and beyond when I had a bad sunburn, fining me aloe and applying it. Casita at the front desk was extremely helpful, and I highly reccomend you contact her should you need anything. This place was so great, we're taking 16 of our closest friends there this coming January.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jeri p
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I just returned from a 10 day vacation in Jamaica. We met 3 other couples at the Tree House in Negril where we all stayed for the duration of our vacation. I have to say it is one of the most beautiful accommodations on the seven mile beach. The rooms are very clean and the service is excellent. We enjoyed a breakfast each morning consisting of American and Jamaica foods to choose from. We had coffee brought to our room every morning to start the morning off right. The staff is very responsive making sure you have everything you need to be comfortable. We recommend the Tree House to anyone that wants a clean, safe and beautiful hotel on one of the most popular beaches in the world. Oh yeah... we love the bar on the beach!!!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room, you will see spectacular sun rises and sunsets
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Treehouse. Had a great time. Gail and her staff went out of their way to make our stay a good one.

From the airport the Treehouse was about 1.5 hours. (The roads are much better now than they were last time we were there in 97)'.

From the time we arrived until the morning we left we were always greeted with a hello or can I help you.

The Treehouse sits on part of Negril's beautiful seven mile beach. The water is clear blue for miles!

The rooms are spacious and clean. We had not one complaint. They are updated and decorated beautiful. Each unit has it's own A/C that you control. (very important for these travelers)

The food was good. If you visit you must eat the pizza and order extra cheese! We would also recommend the red snapper! yummmm.

I give the Negril Treehouse a 5 out of 5 stars!

Thanks Gail,

We'll see you next year!

Leon& Cheryl