“Another Year @ Rondel and another excellent stay”
Review of Rondel Village

Rondel Village
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We just spent 7 nights in the Tangerine Villa and loved it again this year. This was our second trip to Rondel in the last two years. I can't say enough about how well the staff treat you and how kind and courteous they are, of course we love to mingle with the locals and treat people as we like to be treated. We have stayed at Sandals multiple times but decided to stray away from the gigantic all-inclusive resorts in the last few years and stay at smaller resorts we you can experience some culture. Rondel is smack in the middle of the stretch of beach area with a great roped swimming area and pools. The rooms are clean , spacious, and well kept up as is the rest of the property.

They have a great security staff that makes you feel safe 24 hours a day and we have become friends with them and given them nicknames. There is the front entrance guard who we named "Hollywood" due to his large aviator glasses. The beach Guard Karl a.k.a Karl Kani is great as well if you decide you do not want to be bothered by beach sellers. Our favorite guard Neuman or as we call him "Mr Pringles" is great at night when you just want to sit on the beach and enjoy the stars and sound of the ocean. We enjoyed Neuman's company last year and bribed him with pringles potato chips to keep us safe. This year we were unsure if he would still be there as he works for Atlas security not Rondel but we brought lots of pringles anyway. Sure enough our first night after 7pm we walked down to the beach and there he was. He recognized me right away and he laughed as he saw that I brought him pringles again. I told him I was going to post on tripadvisor that he loved pringles and see if I could get others to bring some for him as well so please, please do he is a great guy (See attached photo).

We look forward to staying at Rondel again next year as well. They must have a lot of repeat visitors because we saw some of the same people staying there this year that we saw the same time last year. So my advice is forget about the HUGE all-inclusive resorts that trap you on there property, give you no real culture, feed you Americanized Jamaican food, and keep the Jamaican people away from you all the time and stay at a small hotel where you can experience the REAL JAMAICA.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank digdoug007

Reviewed 26 June 2010

My family and I attended a wedding at Rondel Village and my first impression of the resort on arrival was WOW! The staff were very welcoming and friendly, the rooms very clean and cool, Rondel not only caters for adults but also for the children as well with private pools, jacuzzi and the white sand beach being a stone throw away.
There were also lots of theme parks and night time entertainments near by, I really enjoyed my stay at Rondel village and will most definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I also attended the wedding at Rondel Village on 5th June 2010, which went totally brilliant. Not only was there a lot of personal service which was greeted with a smile we truly tested Rondels patients by doing a number of last minute room changes for one reason or another and this was no problems for the staff at Rondel.
I would like to mention Francine & Fayon at the front desk that typified the complex and is perfect examples of first impressions counts, as well has Dwight thanks you for all your help and support on the day of the wedding
Security guards was brill, the Domestics was Brill, not forgetting the restaurant staff.
Just like the previous reader we totally took over the village and had a great time
Great Location, excellent taxi service, a local night club 2 minutes walk away, town centre 10-15 min drive away.
We will be returning back to Rondel in the near future.

Delroy

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My cousin and I recently spent 11 days at Rondel Village and had a fabulous vacation. The property offered many lovely amenities, such as jacuzzi tubs, pools, restaurant, bar, and fully equipped kitchens in the villas, but the most memorable aspect of the property was the exceptional service by all of the staff. The staff went out of their way to ensure that everything was perfect for their guests, from the excellence in housekeeping to the service in the restaurant and bar, as well as the excellent security that is provided 24 hours per day.
We booked a beachside villa with an incredible view of the beach and evening sunsets. We spent every evening on our veranda enjoying predinner cocktails and sunsets. The property is very close to many restaurants, clubs, and shopping. We went to the grocery store (take a taxi)at the beginning of our stay and loaded up on beverages and snacks for our villa. While you have an option of having your housekeeper cook one meal a day in your villa, we opted to dine at the hotel restaurant which is on the beach, as well as other Negril restaurants. The food at the restaurant was really good, no matter what meal we were ordering. The management, security, and restaurant/bar staff checked in with us frequently to ensure that we had no unmet needs and that we were always satisfied. We could not have asked for better service and it reminded me of the service that you would expect/receive at a 5 star super club resort!
In conclusion, we will definitely return to Rondel Village and I highly recommend this property to travelers to Negril. Thanks to all of the exceptional staff at Rondel for making our vacation so wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank celebrity1Vermont
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Hi ,
Well all I can say is that it just keeps getting better.
I just got back from a 10 day stay at Rondel Village in Negril.
Been going to JA for 11 years stayed in Ochi, Mobay, Negril.
Negril's beach is fabulous and Rondel Village is wonderful.
The Staff very helpful (Francine I love her) I can see you going places young lady. Delroy the swave bartender (married though)
very nice and entertaining. Dwayne I've got to give much love ,that young man can fix anything( TV,AC, any little thing ).
The grounds are beautiful and secure. Great for a girls trip or even families.We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa with full kitchen oh don't let me forget the housekeeper Donna she was great and can cook .
So if you're looking for a memorable vacation this is the place trust me mon !!!
RESPECT !