“@ Rondel Village-There were no problems mon!”
Review of Rondel Village

Rondel Village
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 7 April 2007

-Before you read this review let me tell you that I am a skeptist. But after a week at Rondels, there is nothing disappointing I could say about my experience. One of the reasons I booked my stay at Rondels is because of the many positive reviews I've read, so I came to Rondels anticpating on what I've read, and I can acually say my stay far exceeded my expectations.

*Rooms -They say you get what you pay for, but I beg to differ at Rondels, for the cost of our stay we got a little extra. The rooms were well kept, clean, and spacious. Me and my g/f stayed on the garden side(which was cheaper & I would prefer for couples because of the privacy) The room had most of what we needed, a refrigerator, the a/c was nice and cold, and a ceiling fan as well. The shower was nice and hot, no problems with any leaks as I've read with some reviews. We didnt have any ants or bug problems in the room which was great-however I did catch a small salamander on the bathroom wall, but that was because I left the windows open. The cleaning ladies were soo nice, they made sure our room was clean everyday, and provided us with fresh towels and rags. Beds were comfortable, had no problems sleeping. The pool was very clean and relaxing along with the jacuzi. The club next door was loud maybe one or two nights, but I'm from the city so I'm used to a little noise-besides, the noise was no bother once you've had enough Jamaican Rum for the night, you sleep like a baby. :-)

*Security- The security guards were always of assistance when crossing the street(which was a tough task at first, esp. if your from America) They drive on the left hand side which was unusal for us. And a big shout out to my man Louis, he definately looked out for us during our stay. LOUIE YOUR THE MAN!!!

*Food- Food is soo expensive in Negril you definately need to convert your currency- I failed to realize that. Its best to only carry small denominations of $1's, $5's and $10's for the locals if you like to shop for gifts or other things. The restaurants charge automatic gratuity & service fees which can amount to $12-$18 itself. So if your getting a $20 meal thats almost $40!!. .So the rest of my stay I ate jerk chicken off the street vendors for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner(LOL) they'll bargin with you, and besides their Jerk tasted much better than most of the restaurants.

*Atmosphere- Wherever you go there are many locals offering you all types of things-from sugar caine-to-ganja) I understand they need to get their hustle and make money, but it gets irritating to keep saying no to everyone, so its best just not to look. If you look, they expect you want something & they will hassle you. But the locals are all nice and helpful, just dont let them hustle you- I got hustled by one guy-I wont go into that, but basically don't come expecting to get anything free without paying somehow. If you need transportation, Rondels provide that as well and I would suggest you use it. A lot of cars drive up & down the negril strip all day & night honking their horns, which was scary at first because their taxi's arent marked with any anything, they're just regular cars & people offering you rides to make money. But I wouldnt take on the offers, a local told me that some of those guys aren't wrapped too tight, and are on drugs, so be careful with who you ride with.

In conclusion my trip was fantastic and when I come back to Jamaica, Rondel Village will definately be one of my first choices.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
8  Thank j_majors

Reviewed 23 March 2007

We were married at Rondel Village on March 12, 2007, and it was everything we wanted. They did a beautiful job and took great care of us. Our room was on the garden side and more private than the beach side. We had the pool to ourselves during the day. Noise from the Jungle Nightclub was not disruptive; however, an outdoor concert held directly next door on our final night blasted us out of our beds until 3 a.m.. Bring Ambien and ear plugs, I am not kidding. Aside from a bathtub that leaked onto the floor, the room was clean and bug-free. The air conditioner is powerful, the beds are super comfortable (wish I could have kept their pillows). Crossing the street is easy, a guard stops traffic for you with a big stop sign. Staff is friendly and kind, food is delicious, especially my wedding cake, and it felt like home the minute we got there. Special thanks to Johnno - Best Man, Janet, Terri, Forrester, Beverly, Larisa, Carolyn - Maid of Honor, Donna, "Cowboy" Dave, Joy, Joyce and many others who made our wedding day a treasured lifetime memory.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank foxcat07
Reviewed 7 February 2007

My family spent a week at the rondel Village hotel in January, 2007. We were three adults and five children. We stayed in the three bedroom villa "Grape". We had a private jacuzzi, and the housekeeper cooked us one delicious meal each day. The staff and security guards were very nice and they did a great job in making us comfortable and we felt safe at all times. Our room was very clean, but nothing fancy. The a/c worked well. The bartenders, Clive and "Crazy", were very friendly and it was great to sit at the bar and chat with them anytime of the day or night. I reccomend Rondel village and Negril as a great spot to bring a family to enjoy a beautiful beach, a fun town, and great weather!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarelli
Reviewed 6 February 2007

My mom and I went to Rondel when I was 5 months pregnant. We stayed in the grapefruit room across the street. I was bummed at first that it was across the street but once we got there I liked it more across the street. There aren't as many people walking through. It is very private, lush, and just beautiful. It was PERFECT. Everything I wanted. Very quiet and cozy. The staff was very nice (at least most of them). The food was okay...the soup was awesome and so was the snapper. We went all over for most of our food though and suggest Kuyaba breakfast and rockhouse for dinner. YUM. Dont waist your time at 3 dives...i wasnt very impressed. I heard from the locals that the lobster they gave us was just a large crawfish because it was out of season. Oh well.

Anyways...the rooms and grounds were VERY clean. It was just one of the best vacations I have ever had. The price was very reasonable too. I think you get way more for what you pay. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank astong
Reviewed 24 January 2007

This vacation was the most amazing vacation I have ever had (and I have been in many places). I don't know where to start...
Our room was accross the street from the beach (garden view villas) and that was great. at first I thought it won't be as fun as having a room on the beach side but it didn't change anything...in fact in a way it was better because we had a villa just to ourselves without rooms above, next and beneath us. Also, even though it was raining here and there everything was so perfect that it just didn't bother us. It was like nothing can ruin such a vacation - the hotel, the staff, the beach, the food and the people... oh my god!!! Negril is the most amazing place I have been; after only 5 day there, the locals are practically my friends... No doubt i'm going back and no doubt I will stay at Rondel Village. thank you so much for a vacation of my life.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends