“Home Sweet Home Indeed”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Loved this place. Friends and I were there first week in August 2012 four 5 days, and we enjoyed every bit of it. The staff members were polite and helpful, Marcia at the front desk and Ray (bartender, cook. man of many titles lol) stood out with their kindness. The room we stayed in was nice and cozy, and our view was amazing. Only issues were that we didnt have warm water to shower with the first day, and we had trouble with the air conditioner shutting off, So taking a cold shower was not too bad. Food was delicious. The dream/ATI weekend events were going on this week so there were alot more tourist in town. HSH was close enough for us to get to these events without traveling issues, yet far enough to have peace and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Drea C

Reviewed 28 August 2012

My Daughters (age 15 and 17) and I stayed here during spring break 2011. We had a great time. Charlie was so accommodating. He was able to get a 2 bed room for the girls and a single with a king bed right next door for myself. The place was clean, quiet and great food. We enjoyed the snorkeling, we lounged by the pool. We ate, ate, ate and I did a little drinking. Any time we wanted to do an activity, we would tell the front desk and they took care of the rest. They had a driver that was very polite and SAFE. They were constantly trying to make our stay perfect. My daughter turned 15 while we were there and the cook (I am sorry I forgot her name) baked a cake for her. She even brought her children over to celebrate with us....that was so nice :). This was the perfect spring break. Lots of things to do for the kids and plenty of quiet time for me. We’ve been to Jamaica several times before. We’ve stayed in Montego Bay and Ochoa Rios....but Negril and Home Sweet Home was by far our best vacation yet. We stayed in March 2011 and are looking very forward to coming down again this spring break. Thanks Charlie and we are very excited to see you all on spring break 2013.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at Home Sweet Home in JULY 2011 for 4 nights. Chris picked us up at the airport and drove us through the mountains (we met his family). Car ride from the airport to HSH was a great adventure. We stayed in the Honeymoon Sweet (penthouse). The view was amazing. We were the only people at the resort for the four days we stay there. The cliffs were beautiful, the water was amazing. We at breakfast at HSH every morning (that was really great). We had dinner a couple nights at HSH (again very beautiful setting). We went out a couple nights (once to Rick's and once to a reggae show along 7-mile beach). Those were fun. Dino was great to talk with! We enjoyed him a lot. Marcia was pretty new to HSH when we were there, but she was helpful. We left HSH to travel to an all-inclusive for the remaining 4 days of our honeymoon. It was a perfect end to our trip. Chris drove us to our all-inclusive (he was definetly one of the great people we met on our trip).

Perfect mix of HSH and all-inclusive. My wife and I are trying to get some friends to come to Jamaicca with us next time we go (maybe in a year or two). We would probably stay at HSH for half and on the beach for half.

Thanks HSH for the good Honeymoon memories!

Regards,

Adam & Laura from Minnesota, USA

Room Tip: Penthouse was the best room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank adam w
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at Home Sweet Home for 7 nights back in April 2012 and we had an amazing time.

When searching for a hotel in Negril, we had some specific amenities that we wanted: king-sized bed, A/C, WiFi, pool/hot tub, balcony w/ocean views, restaurant & bar on site and direct access to the sea. Home Sweet Home met all of this criteria and at an incredibly affordable price! In addition, the staff is wonderful and went out their way to make sure we had a great stay. The housekeeping staff did a couple loads of laundry for us and my clothes were never fresher! One of the servers from the restaurant gave me a ride to the ATM, when he saw me trying hail a taxi. Marcia from the office brought us an Igloo cooler full of ice, after we inquired about renting a mini-refrigerator (which were all rented out).

The cliff-side decks are some of the best on the West End. The restaurant is very good and the prices are very reasonable. The grounds are quaint, charming and well maintained. Sunset views are better than Rick's. Housekeeping does a great job making sure the rooms get clean everyday, even when you sleep in late. Chris, the in-house driver, is the best. He's great for excursions or just a ride to the beach.

Did I mention that every single room has an ocean view? I can't think of many hotels that can boast that claim.

The only area for improvement would be that some lower price Seaview Deluxe rooms could use a cosmetic upgrade. Other reviews have described the rooms "dated". I wouldn't say they are dated so much as a little worn (the decor of the rooms is rustic, which is great, but they could use some sprucing up). However, considering the great room rate we paid, we were able to overlook the painted-over light switches and mismatched tile and enjoy the clean, comfortable (the beds were very comfortable) ocean front room. The higher priced suites appeared to have a nicer interior (plus they all have refrigerators) and bigger balconies. Although they cost more than the Seaview Deluxe rooms, they are still an exceptional value when compared to similar rooms at other resorts.

We have already booked our return trip Home Sweet Home in October. Although we exhaustively looked at other resorts, we couldn't find any other place that matched the amenities of HSH for a comparable price. Plus, we know the service will be exceptional.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on the second floor and have better views. Odd numbered rooms have ground fl...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank anatalope
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Very clean nice staff awesome restaurant everything is just amazing felt very safe with Dino staying there all night I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: July 2012