“Few days out on the cliffs”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Beautiful and charming hotel this is. The staff is very friendly and at this time, late November we had the place to ourselves almost. First time on the cliffs in Negril - have always stayed on the beach - but it is quite different here. Small resort as these ones are here - older but nicely maintained. Peaceful and quiet - only sounds of smashing waves. The room was modest but comfortable - typical Negril. Dinner was made by Monty and was great also. Morning coffee was served to us while we watched waves crashing. There are restaurants to go to that are not a far taxi ride. Don't go for walking on the road. It is just that. there is no real sidewalk or path...cars are very close to you! take a taxi into Hi Lo and get your supplies and drinks as in off season the bar closes up early.
We would do this one again - if you have never stayed out on the cliffs in the West End it is a must do.
SW

Room Tip: all rooms have a view
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mossy9

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We just spent 10 days at Home Sweet Home, I literally cried when it was time to leave! We stayed in 2 different rooms while there, room #12 has a spectacular view and an amazing balcony looking directly into the blue mosaic of water below. Room #15 is cliffside, very private, amazing view, very comfortable bed, great A/C and nice shower! Manager Tina is warm, friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful, Housekeeper, Nadeen and Maintenance Man, Deano are also very warm and friendly. The atmosphere is laid-back, casual, go at your own pace. We had a car, but Driver, Chris, was available for any excursions. They had snorkel gear available to explore the reef and cliffs! Speaking of the cliffs.... AMAZING!! We've stayed on the beach, but won't again, the Cliffs offered so much more! It's a quick trip to the sand! We will DEFINITELY return to Home Sweet Home... as soon as possible!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank stevie611
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Manager Tina, housekeeper Nadeen and handyman Deano were friendly, gracious and helpful as always. They genuinely care to make sure that everything is right for you during your stay. My room had excellent A/C and was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Everything in the room functioned as it should and it also had a real nice balcony with an absolutely fantastic view of the sea. This property has great snorkeling cliff access. Prices are very reasonable. Everything at HSH lends itself to a laid back, relaxing and enjoyable Jamaican experience. I've made two dozen trips to Negril and stayed at many properties. I've already planned my next trip, headed back to Home Sweet Home, the ideal place to stay in my book.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I spent 10 days in with 4 people in this lovely seaside resort and can highly recommend the property for a no frills quiet setting without a 'compound feel".

Easy to gel with the locals in the immediate area around the property.

My favorite area of Negril by far....I go to the touristy / beach areas when the desire presents itself, and then come back to this oasis for a quiet, tranquil, beautiful setting, with the sound of waves crashing against the cliffs to help induce a siesta!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KKANUCK
charlie r, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

It was great having you on property! We are extremely thrilled to know that you had a pleasant experience. Until next time continue spreading the word!

One Love

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I've been to Negril a few times for girls trips & for a wedding but this was the first time I picked a hotel on the cliffs. It was a last minute trip, booked 4/11 for travel on 4/15, so there were limited hotel options. We don't generally swim so the cliffs was our preferred location to relax with a gorgeous view. We booked the cliffside suite for a great price and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We knew it wasn't a 5-star resort dripping with marble and people waiting on us hand & foot but it was comfortable for our needs. We loved waking up to the sunrise (no curtains on that side of the room) and watching the sunset from the balcony. The AC is not as powerful as I'd hope and it ended up being cooler to just sit on the private balcony and feel the breeze. I also liked the colorful bedding and super comfortable pillows.

The room was kept impeccably clean by the housekeeping staff who even folded our clothes and closed my suitcase, which I habitually leave open if I don't unpack & use the drawers. We never ate at the hotel but did get rum & coke from the bar one day, which was fine.

Charlie, the owner, returned my call to let me know the hotel offers a transfer from the airport for $80 per couple, each way. We decided to use Owen at Cross Jamaica (876) 362-4906 instead for $100 roundtrip. There is a driver who works at the hotel (Chris?) as well who can shuttle you around the area. We used him for a trip to Just Natural restaurant for $10 USD round trip. I initially thought he said $10 each way and was taken aback, but he did clarify the price. We had been taking route taxi's for 130 J ($1.10 USD) per person. We also used Barrington (876) 407-9744 to drive us around. Barrington works out of the hotel & took us to the beach in the evenings. He was too kind after we had him drop us at Bourbon Beach ($800 J). We left to walk along the beach to Roots Bamboo for live music and Barrington (876) 407-9744 showed up a while later at Roots to find us since he knew we'd need a ride back to the cliffs. He also stopped at a local restaurant so we could grab late night food around 2 am. Hubby was so impressed that he came to find us that we paid Barrington an additional $1,500 J and also used him to go back to Bourbon Beach later in the week & to pick us up from a live show at Roots Bamboo again (the night of a blackout).

I'd certainly stay at Home Sweet Home again, especially if I found a great rate for the cliffside suite.

TIP: Let the shower run for 10 - 15 minutes to let the water pressure build up. I would not recommend trying to shampoo your hair since I never found the shower water pressure to be sufficient enough to rinse.

Room Tip: Book the cliffside suite
Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple