5,750 results
All reviews kids camp sesame street cafe de paris stew fish banana boat big top family vacation club liquid xbox room x box cookie monster dino's pizza character breakfast water sports adrian whitehead kids club beach cabana
Reviewed 11 August 2011

If I had to describe Beaches Negril in one word it would be "tired". The resort is in need of a makeover. My wife and I took our two kids for a seven night stay and we got an upgrade because we are repeat guests. The grout in the bathroom tile had mold stains throughout. The tub did not drain and the air conditioner blew room temperature air. It too had not been cleaned in some time. There were dust balls visible in the unit. The friendly staff did send someone up to make the repairs right away but still not a good start to our vacation. The first night we were there, a party on the next property began in the afternoon and did not stop until almost 5:00 am. We later found out that this was part of Jamaica's week and a half long Independence celebration. I wish Twinsburg Travel would've mentioned this when we were picking our dates. They played music and had what sounded like a motivational speaker speaking in tongues screaming into the microphone all night long. My wife said he sounded like an Iraqi auctioneer with a speech impediment on crack. His voice and the "music was so loud that it shook the walls of our room and rattled our windows. At around 2:00 am I went down to complain at the front desk about the noise and there was already a line of tourists at the desk complaining. Beaches staff said ther was nothing they could do because the party was not on their property. They said the police were called but they would do nothing. The concierge told me the next time I shoud not book a trip to Negril during the last week of July or the first week of August because it is like this every year. I'm thinking of avoiding Jamaica altogether. The kids activities were mediocre at best. My 10 and 14 year old were not impressed. The best time they had was when we hired a guy not associated with the resort to take us into town shopping and see how some of the locals live. He took us to the Times Square mall to do some local shopping and then he took us to downtown to some other local vendors that are not the typical tourist trap. Later in the week we hired another guy to take us snorkeling in the underwater caves at Ricks Cafe. The kids had a good time there and also got to do some cliff diving at the same place. The food at Beaches was decent but not extraordinary. Avoid Komonas which is a Japanese style habachi. The chefs try to turn your dining experience into a karaoke / cheerleading party style event. I just wanted a quiet well prepared meal. I felt anxious and irritated while I was there. We've been to other all inclusive resorts at other locations like Turks and Caicos, Bahamas, Dominican, and Mexico. Considering what we paid for 7 nights I would grade Beaches Negril at a C. I would probably not recommend Beaches Negril to a friend because there are better palces for the same or less money. You wont be entirely disappointed if you go but you probably wont go back. Food C+..Facilities C-..Staff A+.. Ocean/Beach B+..Entertainment C-.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MikeBDauphin_PAUSA
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I was married 5 years ago at Sandals Dunn's River Falls Resort and absolutely adored it. I have raved about Jamaica ever since. This time my family had booked this trip to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary and this WAS NOT worth what she paid . If I had done my research we would not have vacationed here. I have to say though, my wedding and honeymoon at Sandals Dunn's River was amazing and definitely 5 star.

I am going to list what is wrong with this place.
1. No-one greeted us upon arrival- we were walking around looking for where to check in.
2. It is very difficult to make reservations. Thank god one of our rooms was concierge because if it wasn't we would have never been able to make reservations. They were also not accomodating with reservations times. Most nights we were eating at 9pm (with our 5 kids). When we went into these extremely busy restaurants there was hardly anyone there eating.
3. Locals annoying you ALL day on the beach!
4. Very hard to make reservations for the Water Sports.
5. Very hard to get a drink at all. My husband flipped out at least 3 times because he was ignored by the bartenders when they weren't even serving anyone.
6. Very hard to get coffee with breakfast and drinks with dinner. Half the time we were getting our first drink when the food came out.
7. It cost me $10 to put sparkles on a shell for my 2 yr old and we thought kids activities we included.
8. The nightly entertaiment was amusing.
9. Bathrooms down by the pools were very dirty all day long. I know people were going in there wet but someone should kept up with it.
10. By 3pm the pools were dirty and smelled like urine.
11. On 3 days I had to call housekeeping to clean my room at 5pm.
12. One day they only left one towel.
13. The air conditioner leaked so much that it flooded the room and saturated my suit case.
14. My husband got food poisoning from Arizona's and the food was down right awful. They actually reserved a table for us and sent champaign and fruit to our room because we had such an awful experience there. Not to mention it took over 2 hrs to be served and there was no one in the restuarant.
15. The fish restaurant was good but it was on the beach at night and we were eaten alive by sand fleas.
16. Mosquitos eat your legs at breakfast.
17. I was followed to my room one night and acosted by an employee. I am still waiting for them to get back to me on the results of their investigation.
18. Staff hardly interacted with us at all. The never smiled and looked right through us. They were more interested in talking to each other.

I am upset that the travel agent recommended this resort because there are 358 average, poor and negative reviews. All which say the same. It was also very odd that no-one vacationing there looked truly happy. It certainly was not home away from home. While I had a good time with my family I certainly would never recommend.

4  Thank renee2608
SRICS, Manager at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Warm greetings from Sandals Resorts International! You are very important to us and we welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please e-mail us at (customerservice@beaches.com). We ask that you include your TripAdvisor screen name, resort booked, and travel dates when corresponding with us. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This resort is old, dirty, rundown, and full of slow, pretending very little to care employees. Food very poor quality. Sand flees horrible and very painful. I've stayed at many fine resorts, and this was a complete ripoff. I was really looking forward to some good reggae but in over a week, there were no bands. There is no nightlife. Unless you count the occasional drunk husband wandering around. The county is beautiful, but the American dollar doesn't go far at all. We are told it's dangerous to go off the property, but how else can you have any fun since it's not to be found at the resort. We supposedly had concierge service, but when we called to find out any information, the lady was rude and didn't know about how to do anything. In this case, you don't get what you pay for. I filled out a long survey from the resort, providing details of what needed improvement, and in over a month, I never heard back. I've told many people to skip this resort.
PS). I'm curious about those individuals who have only good things to say about this place. Are people being paid, or just afraid to admit to they were very disappointed in their dream turned nightmare vacation. No proper air-conditioning for humid weather, plumbing smells like raw sewage, old beach equipment, hot tubs colder than the pool the entire week, flies on the food, housekeeping only showed up every other day, no kid club activities an 11 year old boy would enjoy to do without his parents. I didn't trust anyone to watch him, I couldn't even trust these called private beach, as every where we turned, locals were shouting out, mushrooms, cocaine, and weed. This is frightening. I don't appreciate that at all.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Bjorn42
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Our family of seven visited Beaches - Negril and were under-impressed. We were not initially given the rooms we reserved and found someone was already in one of the rooms we were checked into. The problem was resolves after dealing with several layers of management which took time from our rest and relaxation. Next, when we went to make reservations at the restaurants we were told there were none available until the night before we were to leave. Again we had to talk to three or four people in order to relolve this issue. All inclusive.....nope! There are charges everywhere you turn. Even the advertised teen cruise which all 5 of out teenagers wanted to attend was $50 pp. Hair braiding, DJ acadamy, even to use the comfy beach front canopy lounge was $85 per day (and it is on the cover of the brochure--all inclusive??) . The food was free.....but mediocre at best. Beer was only Red Stripe or Red Stripe Lite. Frozen (smoothies) were nothing more than Icee machines with strawberry or coconut flavoring. What else can I say. Oh, and don't forget the beauty of long walks on the 7 mile beach.... My husband started to take a stroll and at the end of the resort property was a guard stopping us from walking down the beach. 7 miles my &^%%. We have travelled a lot and were really duped by this rip-off. We never even got a thank you for coming...have a safe trip home. :(

2  Thank chirorandi
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This was my 2nd trip to Beaches Negril and everything was just as great as it was the first time. My fiancée and I chose this as our wedding destination and we are so thrilled that we did. Not only did we have a great vacation, but our wedding was exactly what we wanted. We had 13 people in our group and there was always something for everyone to do. The food was delicious and you cannot ask for a better staff. They were always professional, courteous, and willing to go above and beyond to ensure that our stay was perfect. We had a king bed in our room that was very comfortable. We also had a fully stocked refrigerator. We did not choose a beach front room, but the view from our balcony was beautiful due to the landscaping. My friends and I had our hair and nails done in the salon. They have a great staff and relaxing atmosphere. The only thing that I could do without is the "selling" on the beach. However, since being in Negril before, I was aware of this, and forewarned our group. I recommend Beaches Negril to everyone and I will continue to do so.

2  Thank AwesomeA7783