US$80
US$61
Catcha Falling Star Gardens(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$75
Chippewa Village(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$70
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Catcha Falling Star(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$112
Alvynegril Guest House(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$85
Bourbon Beach Hotel(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$77
The Boardwalk Village Hotel(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$100
TripAdvisor
5,684 results
All reviewskids campsesame streetcafe de parisstew fishbanana boatbig topfamily vacationclub liquidxbox roomx boxcookie monsterdino's pizzacharacter breakfastwater sportsadrian whiteheadstewfish restaurantkids club
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Our vacation was amazing from the time we left the airport until we left Jamaica.
The staff at Beaches did everything in their power to make my family happy. My 2 children were catered to by Carol, Alicia and Damion at the Arizona Pool bar and Grill.
Ned (What!) Craig, Dirval, and Leggon always met us with a smile and cold beverage. The Dive shop guys were top notch! Shout out to my boy Mackay (A.K.A. Flava Flav) the dive camera man- Big up yourself! Anastasia, the greeter at the Mill was always a joy to talk to.
The food was always good and a great variety of traditional Jamaican and North American. Some buffet and some sit down. The Snapper at Stewfish is increadible! (I had 3 plates one night). Arizona was a good blend of Southern U.S. with a Jamaican twist. We didn't visit the Italian restaurant so I cannot comment.
The entertainment is TOP NOTCH!! Jermaine, Kenroy and of course Juliene blew us away every night! Their talent and energy keeps the party going from the Theatre bar early evening into the wee hours of the night at Liquid and then beach volleyball at 9:30 am... I don't know how they do it.
Every night there is a different line up at the Theatre bar, Reggea bands, Steel Drums, Fashion shows and circus performers! Awesome! Big up to all the entertainers!
The Children loved the Sesame Street characters and were always busy either in the water park, X Box gargage, Kids club or Trenchtown. We were never worried about their safety, the security guards knew everyone in the resort.
Our room was very nice, 2 double beds, cot for our son, LARGE bathroom and 43" TV. The cleaning staff always made sure our room was spotless!
Day trips are a bit expensive but the Reggea snorkling cruise is DA BOMB! Don't waste your time at Ricks Cafe.... you'll see why if you go.
The Beach is beautiful and the locals will try to sell their products, but they will take no for an answer.
We stayed at Beaches Turks and Caicos for the past 2 years, Negril is considerably smaller but easy to get around and everyone knows you within 2 days. We (along with 6 other couples that we met on this trip) have booked next years vacation at this resort already and cant wait. The children cried when we left.
The weather was perfect, 88 degrees everyday with a short shower one afternoon and the ocean was like bath water.
Overall, 4 out of 5 and cant wait to see everyone next year.
The DJ is coming back!
Short falls - Need one heated pool for swim up bar pleasure, could use one more restaurant, Should supply Jamaican rum not Gyanese.
PS, bring alot of $5 US bills if you want to do anything outside of the resort.

Room Tip: 500 rooms are central and a bit noisy
6  Thank Phil G
Reviewed 1 February 2012

January 31, 2012

To the Staff at Beaches Negril,

Over a year and a half ago, my husband and I were married at the Beaches Resort in Negril Jamaica. Our wedding and honeymoon exceed all of our expectations. Since that time, we’ve longed to return to the warm embrace of Jamaica. As luck would have it, this year another family member chose to marry at the Beaches, Negril resort. Needless to say, we were thrilled to plan our next trip.

My husband and I would like to express our sincere gratitude for the wonderful experience that we had at your resort, during the week of Jan. 21-27th, 2012. While we were there, we felt we were part of a large family. Each and every one of the staff members had a special way of making us feel right at home. The hospitality and friendliness of the people at Beaches, Negril is something that we will cherish for a lifetime.

The list of all the wonderful people that we would like to thank is long…
Renato and Opal, our pool bar friends. “ Ain’t no party like a pool bar party, cause a pool bar party don’t stop!” Thank you for everything!
Colin, the best videographer/photographer we have ever had the pleasure to meet. Your work is wonderful!
Alan, Adrian and Marlon…thanks for never letting us go thirsty!
Anthony, for the great assistance on the beach!
Erlando, for the wonderful experience at Kimono’s. We will never be able to put butter into the pan without singing, “buttah”.
Ashford, thanks for keeping our belly’s full at all the different restaurants.
Arica, thank you for your beautiful smile and wonderful service each and every morning.
Hilroy, thank you for your warm welcome and kind farewell.
Courtney, thank you for your hospitality. From the minute we stepped on the resort, you made us feel at home.
Julese (sp.), what an amazing dancer, so full of energy and character.
Primrose and Talisa at Red Lane Spa, thank you so much for a rejuvenating and romantic couples massage!
Sinet at Red Lane, thanks for making me look and feel like a princess on the day of our wedding in 2010!

This is just a small group of the wonderful people that we met. We’re grateful to have had the pleasure of meeting all of you. If we’ve forgotten anyone, it was not our intent. We had such a wonderful time at Beaches, Negril and we look forward to returning again…soon!

Shawn and Trasheil Sinnett

5  Thank Trasheil S
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We traveled from January 16-23, with our two kids-11 (boy) and 16,(girl) and family members of all ages. It was wonderful!

Wedding- We had our wedding here and I honestly have to say it was perfect. Don't judge by the wedding adviser over the phone, because I think the are just there to try to sell stuff. Once you speak to the wedding planner at the resort everything comes together seamlessly. Our planner, Shannon was amazing and took care of everything on budget. Lloyd took care of the reception and afterwards made up our room with candles, champagne and fresh flowers. We had a hard time getting my bridesmaid to Beaches from Sandals, and Karen at beaches went out of her way to get my bridesmaid to the wedding in time. We were so impressed with that alone.

Airport- As a warning, do not wear camo anything! They did make my husband change and almost confiscated his pants until we could prove he worked for the Canadian army. No joke. We were happy to get to the Sandals waiting room on the other side--which was wonderful. The bus to the resort was old and rickety, but kind of expected.

Beach and grounds- WOW. It was worth the trip just to see it. Very in tune with nature, not overly busy and the beach was fantastic. The only bothersome sea creatures were these little green sea urchins...not the big black ones, but bothersome . Get some water shoes and you're good. There are sand fleas at night, but some off deep woods did the trick--no bites for us! We did go walking at night--security is everywhere and we felt totally safe, even though lighting at night isn't the best. Always enough seats, with or without shade. Always enough towels. People will harass you on the beach, but no thank you will suffice and they are gone after sunset. The kids really took advantage of the water sports, but some have to be arranged the day before.

Pools-Awesome! My kids were not all that thrilled with the water park, but many kids were. We stayed around the big pool near the Mill, which had less kids and more bar. My boy loved the red slushies and chatting with Opal at the pool bar.. They have their own assortment of alcoholic drinks as well which as all very good, but if you want something specific you will have to tell them how to make it.

Food- Best way to describe it is like a cafeteria. You have some great stuff, and some ok stuff, and stuff you are not sure if you want to touch. We went to all the restaurants, but the dress code was not clear at any until you got there. Kimonos was the only place we needed to dress up for or get reservations. The food was ok--the show was fantastic. The Seville was casual, and the food was excellent-we went twice, Server Katy was awesome. Stewfish was great too, and was right next to the sea. The Mill was our fall back and we always could find something there everyone liked there, usually more tricky to get a drink served to you there though. Arizonas was horrible for dinner. Service and food was horrible. Yet at lunch it was fantastic. My son at there for lunch every day. Loved the buffalo chicken burgers and always wanted to see Arica, who was always good to him and our whole family. She went above and beyond many times! There is a self serve soft ice cream machine here too, that was a hit with the kids. Also a little cafe outside Arizonas that serves fast food until 3am. They have the best patties there too, including a good veggie one, which is good cause there are not a lot of vegetarian options here. Lastly, the pizza at Dinos is excellent, BUT they have 6 types of pizza with two being cheese only. They have pepperoni and hawaiian for meat options and that's it...not sure why.

Entertainment- Was ok...nothing spectacular and mostly for kids. We did fine without it. The beach party was fun, but not as they pictured it. Mostly a buffet on the beach with and auction and loud music. The chocolate buffet was nice too, .The xbox room is nothing special, the kinect might have been nice if they had it set up, but it wasn't and there was no one to help out in the xbox room. Tench town or liquid is a better bet for the kids if they already have video games at home because the games are dated and some don't work. There is an xbox in every room--I'd advise to bring your own games from home and let the kids play in the room at night.

The staff and the location are what really makes this place great. If something is wrong they will fix it, and usually make up for it afterwards. We would go there again!

Room Tip: Room 208 was excellent for a deluxe room with 2 double beds. Quiet with a great view and renovated. The 500 block rooms are smaller. 926 concierge room was nice-not renovated, but quiet and good view. Worth it for the concierge considering it is very tricky to get a drink at times and getting drinks for the fridge in your room can take hours. Thank goodness for Lucine at concierge!
4  Thank Eryn H
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We travelled to this resort at the beginning of December for a wedding. Our family with kids 3 and 5 stayed for 1 week. When we got to the airport, we were met by the company but then our group was separated on the trip to the resort. We were in with other people and others were in with the group we came with. The resort was beautiful with soft sand. The girls enjoyed playing on the beach daily. My 3 year old's favorite past time though was the lazy river. She absolutely loved it. My 5 year old enjoyed the beach more. We got to see the Sesame Street characters on the beach a few times. The wedding was beautiful even though they had some issues with the menu not being right. The room was nice but not what I expected. We paid for a honeymoon suite and if that is what we got, it wasn't a honeymoon suite to my standards. We were backing onto the highway and didn't have anything different in our room as our friend who only booked a double deluxe room. We also were told that we didn't have concierge service with our room type so we were told that we had to book our restaurants the same day as we wanted to go (no prebooking). So our friends that were in just the deluxe rooms got to prebook and they did it for us. Most of the restuarants were good. Kimonos was probably my favorite and my children loved the experience as did I. We went to the Seville one night and got horrible service from the waitress. It was like she didn't want us there or that we were taking up her time. There was 7 of us (5 Adults,2 kids) and we were quiet and not needy but she seemed annoyed. Was dissapointed that the beach cafe that served Jamaican patties ran out within an hour of opening daily. So I only got to try them once. Would liked to have seen more available. We kept our children with us the whole time so I don't know what the kids activities were like. The kids had breakfast with Sesame Street the last morning we were there and they enjoyed it. We caught a few activities in the evenings under the big top that were child oriented and they really enjoyed them. Would recommend that you rent a cabana for at least a day. It was nice to have some shade for my kids when it was needed during the day on the beach. It could get pretty hot at times. We took advantage of the included glass bottom boat ride but was dissappointed that they just sailed over the reefs so we could see a few fish but that nobody got out and went down to point any fish out or any interaction. We really did enjoy the resort but would probably try a different one if we were to go back to Jamaica.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't facing the highway!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank mommyof2beautygirls
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at Beaches, Negril from the 18th to 25th of January..Got off the plane and immediately knew it was going to be a great experience. We were told to go to the Beaches/Sandals lounge, had a drink and waited to be called for our ride. I've read previous reviews so knew about the bus ride, which actually wasn't that bad, we stopped for a beer on the way which kind of broke up the drive.

Once we got to the resort we were met with warm towels and a welcome drink. We did have an issue with our room, we booked a King, got 2 doubles, which really isn't our version of a double bed as I don't think 2 adults can sleep comfortably in a bed that size..we inquired about it the following day, didn't make a big deal over it and we were moved to a king with a cot, so it was all good.

Our daughter had a blast! She spent most of her day at the water park and the last 2 days in the "tweens" club. She LOVED it...the staff, as everyone has stated are AMAZING!! Super nice...we were always met with a smile along with "Is there anything I can do for you?" I think this is what truly sets this resort apart from others....the people who work there... I don't know how they do it, with the amount of people they see, but they have the uncanny ability to remember all of our names- which is a nice touch...My daughter didn't even want to do any excursions outside the hotel, she loved it here that much. While she was in the " tween club" ( no worries parents, they are in good hands) we spent most of our day on the beautiful beach. There are a lot of vendors but a simple "No thanks" works. I did purchase a few bracelets from one lady who said she would bring them the next day as she had to sew the names into them, and, she delivered the goods first thing the next morning...We also did a couples massage through Ms. Hart, which is just a little walk down the beach...Quite a bit cheaper than what the hotel charges and it was perfect.

Food was good, drinks were great, the beach and water were awesome...I know this is a "No tipping" resort, but, there were some that were sooo nice to us that we couldn't leave without showing our appreciation.....We will definitely return.....

5  Thank Labgirl7100