“Amazing lunch whilst gliding down the Rio grande.”
Review of Belinda's

Belinda's
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Cuisines: Jamaican
Description: This lady is an institution. She has a barbecue on the bank of the Rio Grande river at Port Antonio. You can only reach it by bamboo raft! I'm serious. You can google Belinda's Rio Grande Port Antonio and it will come up. This lady cooks the greatest spicy crayfish and fried chicken ever. Look at my profile- I've eaten all around the world, I'm not joking. I ate their today and it broke my heart to see other tourists rafting by and not taking their lunch there because they didn't know about it. This lady needs a break and Tripadvisor can help. Not out of sympathy, but just great food
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Beautiful food cooked by Belinda on Monday as we drifted down the Rio grande. Who would have thought it would be so good! Make sure you go rafting here and make sure you stop for lunch!!!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I had heard about Miss Belinda and was hoping that I could get there. After gliding peacefully along the Rio Grande on the raft, it was with amazement that I first glimpsed Miss Belinda's stall in such an out of the way place! We were early and placed our order and took the opportunity to swim in the river before our feast. This amazing cook carries all the food down the mountain and then afterwards takes it back up again. When the heavy rains came two weeks ago, the whole place was washed away. But, as Junior said ( he provides the drinks - a lovely gentleman) they expect it and just set up again with the bamboo stands. She cooks it all over a wood fire in dutch pots. There were crayfish, but I had the chicken which came with plantain, pak choy,dumpling, rice and peas and an extremely hot pepper sauce. All this and at such a reasonable price. Do not miss the opportunity to eat at this lovely lady's place.

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank debbiewilliams0n
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Superb food cooked by Miss Belinda. As good as any restaurant I have ever been to and served outdoors on the bend of a beautiful river. One of my families favorite things to do in our island. Ms Belinda and her family look out for you, look after you and carry on a tradition of cooking for the pleasure of those who make the trip on the river. A must stop.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 16 March 2017

If you do the rafting trip make sure you have lunch with Belinda.All I read about her cooking was true.This lady cooks like you Grandmother we sure enjoyed visiting with her and the meal was amazing ! What a fun stop wasn't busy the day we visited and really enjoyed our stop there.MMM MM GOOD !

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Halfway through a quiet, beautiful raft ride down the Rio Grande, we pulled over to the bank for lunch. The smells emanating from the small kitchen were amazing and my wife and I had the best meal we'd had in our two week trip to Jamaica...one of the best ever. Crayfish, chicken, rice and peas, greens, fried plantains, Johnny cakes and breadfruit. It was a combination historical/culinary adventure. Do NOT miss this experience.

Date of visit: March 2017