I will try to give you only facts and you can decide if this is a resort for you.
Small beach, YES all man made as well as the man made lagoon. Nice place to use a floatie and lay out.
Pool was 9' deep and the shallow end was occupied by a volleyball net, no floaties allowed in the pool.
Food was ok at best, example, 2 younger male British armed forces guests were in line, after lifting the chaffing dish lid one turned to the other and said "Have courage mate". The salad bar was pathetic and they DO USE
the day before food for the next day. I had to travel all that way to get a minced hotdog and cheese omlet.
Rooms are ok basic, clean. I have never before had a hand towel made of a cut off bath towel. Nor have I ever had to wait 5 minutes for a bathroom light to go on after dark.
There is no place to go on foot from the resort, well no place I felt safe. No beach to walk.
The drive is about 1 1/4-1 1/2 hrs from Montego Bay.
No beautiful sunsets.
Bar service was ok there are a few good bar tenders.
Entertainment was good in the evening.
Dayside entertainment was fun they do try to involve the guests.
The front desk people were ok to out right rude.
I have stayed on the Negril side before, much nicer. Check out Negril Gardens. We have never stayed there, but, it can't be worse that CA. Sandals own's this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shuttle Bus service attract an extra charge. Airport Transportation attract an extra charge. Free internet service only in lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Ambiance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Resort All Inclusive Ambiance
- Club Ambiance Jamaica/Runaway Bay
- Club Ambience Jamaica