Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$564
US$455
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$129
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$347
BahiaPrincipe
US$500
US$280
  • Breakfast included
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$388
BahiaPrincipe
  • Breakfast included
Franklyn D. Resort & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$650
US$390
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$466/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$49
US$48
Holiday Haven Condo Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Restaurant
Little Savoy(Runaway Bay)
US$59
1,396 results
All reviewsgilbert blackwoodhoneymoon suitewater pressuresmall resortstar resortfeel freenightly entertainmentbeach areabeach towelsrecommend this resortjamaicavacationdiscobandcoupleshammockscaribbean
Reviewed 5 September 2006

I booked this trip to Club Ambiance as a birthday treat for my daughter and mini-vacation for myself. Even though we entered the hotel lobby with a bit of trepidation (and prejudice) about the quality of our room, we were relieved to find that we were given a pretty decent, second -story room with a view of the pool and the sea--the lovely hibicus were a delight to see from our balcony! The one complaint about the room is about the bathroom. I cannot say that it was dirty, however, the fixtures and shower tiles are old and need to be replaced; the tub is rusty-looking and fresh caulking is needed throughout. That said, everything else about Club Ambiance was great--the food, yes, we ate too much--the drinks were fantastic, and the level of service was particularly fine. My daughter and I appreciated the attentiveness of the wait staff in the dining room, and the friendliness of all the staff we encountered. Even before speaking with Alex, the owner of Club Ambiance, I knew that I would be returning in the future. If a small, all adult, all inclusive resort is to your liking, then you, too will enjoy visiting Club Ambiance.

• Stayed: September 2006
9  Thank maybaby21218
Reviewed 25 August 2006

We just got back yesterday from our week long stay at Club Ambiance. We really had a fantastic time and look forward to going back. We met up with some wonderful people whom we won't soon forget. The staff was wonderfully accomodating, food was o.k. - burgers at the terrace grill were magnificent!!!! Met some couples at the airport who complained of their "fancy" stay at Sandals....waste of money in our opinion - you CANNOT beat the value at Club Ambiance. I think they should take more recent pictures though as the ones on the site do not do the resort any justice. It really is a beautiful little place - wish the beach was a little more nude friendly. We highly recommend Martha Brae River Raft - was wonderfully romantic and look for Capt. Gale # 47 - best captain going! We also visited 9 mile where Bob Marley was born and is laid to rest - beautiful trip through the mountains... and if you need a driver ask for Eric - he was the best!!!! We also shopped around in Ocho Rios and had a fantastic lunch at Ruby Jacks on James Street. We are really looking forward to our next visit - and would not stay anywhere else in Jamaica but Club Ambiance.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
14  Thank JenJon
Reviewed 21 August 2006

The Good:
3/4 of the Staff were great people. A few to mention - Kirkton, Limeka, Kayon, Roderick. All were very friendly and fun to speak with. Over all the hotel was acceptable.

The Bad:
A third of the staff weren't so friendly, mostly the bartenders at the main bar and the water sports staff. Beware that even though nice people work at this hotel, they are still from a place that has no money. They may seem to be your friend but don't expect to get anything from them. Everyone in Jamaica is out to rip every tourist off...bottom line. They will act like they want to go out with you and offer you a ride but it will still cost you $$$. Two other things - The food was okay but nothing exciting. The last complaint is the huge schedule you had to be aware of. What times each bar was open and most importantly, when food was available. The gap from lunch to dinner wasn't great.

The Ugly:
When we first arrived at 8 pm we were put into the Villa, the house that you would normally split with about 5 other people. They weren't going to explain anything. We had to ask why we were put in a house with a couple right across the hall from us. They then explained that they accidently overbooked. That was the worst part of the experience. Luckily, we pushed and pushed and finally got into another room by 3 pm the next day.

So, it is an okay place but I probably won't go back which is sad because a lot of great people work there. As long as they keep the nice staff they should be able to get a few people to come back.

Stayed: August 2006
7  Thank S2KChick
Reviewed 19 August 2006

Don't know where to start, everything was so wonderful. My husband and I just came back from our honeymoon there from 8/11 to 8/17. Its a small, secluded resort in Jamaica, which makes it cozy, friendly, and serene. Adults only, so it was quiet and romantic the entire time. It has its own private beach, which is beautiful and surrounded by rock formations. The hotel room was also beautiful, spacious and clean and it smelled great when we entered. The fresh linens did the trick.

Whatever you do, you must get the all-inclusive rate. The food was absolutely delicious and endless drinks at the various bars there are perfect. The service and wait staff were great! Totally different from the US, they actually come to you before you need them and practically stand beside you waiting on you. So easy to make friends with many of them. We ended up playing volleyball together and squealing like children at nightly entertainment. Lots of fun games and things to do. Rodderick the cook can give you a smile so beautiful you'll forget your on earth. His omelets and pasta are the best too. And thanks to Milton for being the best waiter we've ever had. He spoke to us and made sure we were happy every single day and at every meal.

One problem with the place: I saw the largest cockroach I have ever laid eyes on at this resort. Which was so out of place and startling. Also, don't forget to bring lots of OFF, the mosquitos feasted on me while out at night! But I still loved it! We were so sad to leave after a week, but completely refreshed and satisfied. We are definitely coming back on our next trip to Jamaica.

Extra Advice: Dunn's River Falls is a MUST. Loved it! But not for the unadventurous, non-athletic type. The Fern Gully is a complete waste of money, time, and fuel. Shopping at the markets in Ocho Rios, ask for half the price they offer or walk away.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
13  Thank CNIC
Reviewed 16 August 2006

I had read a lot of good reviews on this hotel so thought I would share my honest opinion. Overall I had a great vacation here. We loved that is was adults only, that it was smaller, and everywhere in the resort had a great view. We loved taking our floats into the sea and just lazing all day! My biggest complaints were 1. Our room definetly needed improvement... bathroom was somewhat dirty and just old. 2. We never had hot water for more than a minute at a time and once we had no water at all 3. The food was at best tolerable. There were a couple of nights that were good but overall there was little selection (even though they call it buffet) and it wasn't great. There is no food or snacks of any kind between 4:30-7pm. Overall, as I said, we had a great time but I was a little disappointed with the hotel itself. But we got it at a great price which was a plus for us!

6  Thank jlb44