“Cozy place with good food and exciting drinks”
Review of La Coctelera

La Coctelera
Ranked #186 of 1,190 Restaurants in San Juan
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Went for a late dinner and had salmon with vegetables. My husband had home made linguinni and ceviche. Drinks are awesome, the waiter very attentive and corteous; all staff service oriented. The place is cozy yet vibrant. The only caveat is that if you drive, you must look around for a spot since there is no parking space. But the experience is worth it. Young entrepeneurs offering good food with drinks full of flavor.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

The specialty of the house are the drinks that arre made with vodka, tequila, rum, you name it, they have it. And the many tapas they have in the menu were very good. Had the breaded octopus, ceviche, small cuban sandwiches, and even small pieces of pizza, Great place to go with a group of friends to drink and eat. Very informal and crowded but worth trying it.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Couldn't believe this place was within walking distance of our place! Amazing handmade cocktails. Service was exceptional. My husband and son said their steak was the best steak they have ever had! Ceviche was outstanding. I had the pork sliders and they were spectacular! Dessert of warm donuts and bacon ice cream was surprising and scrumptious. Do not miss this award winning bar/restaurant!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We almost missed it. It was dark from the outside, and we don't think it was open at first. This place rocks! To call it a bar is a disservice. While they have am intriguing and tasty cocktail menu ( but could expand the wines considerably), the food and service are really terrific. They offered many specials. The complimentary soup tasting was amazing. The cocktails were tasty and inventive. The seared tuna special was delicious. Loved the flavor of the pizza , although the crust was slightly tough. Hubby loved the Cuban sliders. I am not a big dessert fan, so for me, the donuts and ice cream were just ok. I would definitely go back. A great find.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Wow! Great & modern concept, relaxing ambience, great food and amazing cocktails! Love the place! Came with my stomach almost full because I thought it was a bar and not a restaurant but ended eating a few things. Started the night with the Bullet Avenue which is a Bulleit Rye Kentucky Bourbon Whisky with Mezcal and a few extras. Amazing! It was oaky, clean and smooth. Then, I proceeded to order the Irish Mob made with Islay Scotch Whisky and China-China liquor. Speechless! Couldn't decide which one was better. For food we ordered the Chicken with Waffles with two special sauces. I think it was bourbon and mapple sauce. They were delicious! We also ordered the pork dish with cheese and bourbon bbq sauce. It was perfect! Our server was very attentive and gave us good recommendations! Definitely, coming back!

Date of visit: May 2017