Villa Herencia
  • Breakfast included
Decanter Hotel(San Juan)
US$149
  • Restaurant
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$104
US$100
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssan juan gateold san juanclaw footquiet streetantique furnituremain cathedralmosquito nettingrooftop patioopen air courtyardyogurtboutique hotelsitting areacontinental breakfastel morroboiled eggslarge showerthe ground floor
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I can only recommend this hotel. The service was excellent and the staff really did everything to make our stay memorable. My husband manage to sprain his ancle just before we arrived to the hotel. We were early since we just got off a cruise and had planned to leave our luggage at the hotel and then spend the day in Old San Juan. My husband couldn't walk anywhere with his ancle but the lady at the front desk (so helpful!) managed to check us in early so my husband could rest his foot on the bed. If we ever come back to Old San Juan we'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pernilla L
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I did a lot of research on hotels for my recent trip to San Juan before I decided on booking with Villa Herencia and I am so glad that I decided to stay with them. When my partner and I arrived we were greeted by Roberto who happened to be there each morning of our three days in Old San Juan. Roberto is incredibly helpful and accommodating in answering many questions and giving recommendations to local attractions. I also have to say that it seemed as though Roberto and the other staff at this hotel seemed to care a little more genuinely than I have felt at some other larger places.

The room was lovely with very high ceilings and architecture of many centuries ago. The bedroom was large enough and comfortable and the bathroom had a nice sized shower and beautiful mirror and sink. All in all you get the comforts that you need within a hotel that has many charms of yesteryear. Next to your bed is a small tablet which you can get area information on restaurants and what is happening nearby. Look at the pictures of the hotel and the beautiful common area on the upper level. I am pretty sure that you will not be disappointed.

I also must say in regards to an earlier review stating that there was lack of upkeep at this hotel and around the island as well. I did not find this to be the case as well, nor did I find a lack of service ANYWHERE in my travels of San Juan. What I did find was an amazing amount of caring and lovely people who are just about the friendliest people that you will meet anywhere. Puerto Rico like many neighboring islands are still recovering from the hurricanes last fall but most of San Juan is up and running and these people are here to give their best. Do yourself a favor and GO to Puerto Rico and thank me later.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Micah H
Reviewed 25 March 2018

There were very few options as we booked last minute. It was ok.

This hotel (and frankly much of the island) had a feel of lack of maintenance and upkeep. The bathroom shower had broken tile that they pieced back together and a very wide joint that the smudged over. The furniture was not high quality, chipped and mismatched.

The included continental breakfast was nice, but the second day it took FOREVER to get someone to get our food and I had to ask repeatedly for someone to replenish the hot water for tea. This was generally true all over the island. A real lack of service and attention to detail.

There was an old convent just a few buildings away that looked better kept and if we had booked earlier, likely nearly the same cost.

We could (and did) walk to many places. So location was nice.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2018

After extensive research in the summer of 2017, we booked Villa Herrencia for a February 2018 weekend for my husband's 40th birthday. We wanted to stay in a boutique hotel with the quaint charm of the colonial Spain. It wasn't cheap, but we splurged and booked the sundeck room on the roof, figuring it was worth it for a milestone birthday weekend. When Hurricane Maria hit, we were worried about the island and that this would affect our trip, but we decided to wait and see rather than cancelling. We called the hotel in January 2018 to find out if the hotel was open and operational and they said yes, we were all set for the room we had booked. On the day of our trip, we were in the airport when the hotel called to say that they had had a booking snafu, and would have to move us to another hotel. We were very disappointed at the last minute change, but they assured us that the suite they were putting us in was much better. We were told that we could also use any of the facilities including the sundeck at Herrencia. Fast forward to our arrival....Natalia was very apologetic and kind, and treated us with excellent hospitality. She walked us over to the other location, which was also in Old San Juan, just a few blocks away. It was not a hotel, per se, but a loft property that the hotel owned and was renovating into apartments, similar to an Air B&B. The suite itself was very nice, very spacious, very clean, but very modern and not at all what we were hoping for. It was 3 flights up with no elevator, but we didn't let that deter us (we're FitBit people and love to get our steps). The suite had a kitchenette and Natalia pointed out a bottle of champagne and a dozen roses which the hotel treated us to -- to apologize for the misfire. We liked the location of the suite, on the Plaza de Armas, which was central to everything. Early on Monday morning (5 am) we were awoken to a couple fighting in one of the nearby apartments -- that wasn't the hotel's fault but it was still annoying. We also had no maid service to speak of, and had to contact the hotel twice to get fresh toilet paper.
Despite all this, we had a great time in San Juan and would come back again to the Villa Herrencia.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Without a doubt one of the best Puerto Rican bed and breakfast to stay in during a vacation in Old San Juan's Historic district. Both, my wife and me were born and raised, in Puerto Rico but moved to the USA a few years ago. Recently, we visited the island for a wedding of a friend and decided to make it a tourist type trip as well. Upon arrival, their friendly staff and general manager warmly welcomed us and helped us settle in immediately. The hotel is located in a centric and quiet street close to lots of restaurants, beautiful scenery, and historic sites. We loved the fact that the hotel only has 9 rooms, all of them very comfortable, the local artwork displayed on their walls, their antique furniture, rooftop patio, among other amazing amenities. Absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple