“Excellent seafood and ambiance”
Review of Perla

Perla
Ranked #39 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$9 - US$85
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Perla is a luxury seafood restaurant serving refined contemporary American cuisine with gracious and professional hospitality. DRESS CODE: No open toe shoes for men. No tank tops for men. No bathing suits.
Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Sea bass is one of my favourites and it was great, good setting and we would return and recommend! We really enjoyed it.
Set in a shell so it is quite interesting.

Lindell S, Owner at Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Sea bass is one of my personal favorites as well! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review, and I hope you'll dine with us again the next time you're in the area.

Lindell, Chef

Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 2 February 2016

We ate our Perla our first night in San Juan and we could't have asked for better views. The dining room overlooks the beach and ocean and really added to the ambience which is nice anyway. The appetizers and entrees were both very good. The Ceviche was done in a way I hadn't tried before but it was very good. I had the Sea Bass for my entree and it was wonderful... served over a nice creamy risotto. Perla has a nice wine list and the service was top notch. Very nice place for groups as well as quiet romantic dinners.

Lindell S, Owner at Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Thank you for dining with us the other night! We're thrilled you enjoyed everything from the views to the food. The next time you're in the area, we'd love to have you visit!

Reviewed 30 January 2016

It was a nice surprise that "La Concha" had reopened-for so many years it was an eyesore on the Condado Beach. It is now a very exciting vibrant hotel and one of it's restaurants is "Perla". You enter a very soothing atmospheric envirnoment with the ocean at your table. Our food choices were clearly the seafood options, had the service been a little bit better organized we might have stayed for dessert. Overall a great option to check out in the Condado/Ashford Avenue scene.

Lindell S, Owner at Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Thank you for the review, Anthony! While it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the visit overall, I'm sorry the service wasn't impressive. I appreciate the feedback, though, and will be sure to look into it. If you're in the area again, we'd love to have you dine with us!

Reviewed 29 January 2016

My second time to PERLA, does not disappoint. Beautiful atmosphere, with incredible food and service. It's a winning night !

Lindell S, Owner at Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Thank you for visiting the other night, Shawn! It's great to hear your second time was a success, and I'm looking forward to sharing your feedback with the team. Hope you can stop by again soon!

Until then,

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Wonderful service and unique fixed menu. Loved the "ravioli in the cilantro cream sauce" The lights in the pool around the Conch were not on so it lost much of the atmosphere. The surrounding water needs to be lit.

Lindell S, Owner at Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

I'm thrilled you enjoyed the meal and service, and I can't wait to share your kind words with the team. Thank you for the feedback about the lighting outside, too -- I'll be sure to look into it. Hope you can join us again soon!