“Easter Lunch”

Add it.
Ladi's Place
Ranked #798 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. Al fresco dining and nice Air Conditoned Salon. Go for the hors d’ouevres, drinks and forget the main course. Main courses are second rate and they take forever to reach your table.
Recommendation: The bar is efficient, nicely set up and the ocean view is spectacular. It is safe to ask for grouper nuggets, “sorullos” (corn fritters) and tostones plus your favorite beer , wine or drink. I saw a bar girl giving her best in the preparation of a “mojito.
It’s open for lunch until 2:00 am and has an effective valet parking.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My wife and I went there for a dinner date. I would say that the best hour to get there would be around 5:45 pm in order to enjoy a beautiful sunset. The place is located in a privileged location with an 180 degree view of the Atlantic ocean.

We had a bottle of rose wine to share. It was very refreshing and light.

For appetizers we had the fish croquettes and they were very good and crunchy.

For dinner we ordered the fried red snapper and it was really cooked to perfection and the taste was very good, not salty. It came with fried plantains and a salad and I mahy say that the presentation of the plate was very nice.

We had a brownie for dessert which was good but not out of this world. Next time I would opt for a different selection.

You may choose to sit outside on in an A/C room inside. We sat outside, big mistake, not because of the restaurant but because of inconsiderate people. The smokers, instead of staying with their group (they are already in the open air) they decide to move for a quick smoke. Where do they move to? Right in front of my table. Maybe the restaurant could designate a smoking area where there are no tables.

I dont recall the name of our waitress but she was very attentive and nice.

I plan to go for a second visit and maybe try the conch and mofongo.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

The view is beautiful, food is okay. That said, we arrived at 1 pm, we did not even receive WATER for 40 minutes, and a simple order of chicken breast and rice took more than TWO HOURS to arrive. The server was sweet but terrible. A big gap that cannot be blamed on the hurricane. Do not go to this restaurant if you have elders, little kids or hungry people who need food in a reasonable amount of time.

1  Thank Anahata1006
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent service at the bar. The best selection of whisky in San Juan. Margaritas Doble Patron are superb.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

On the way to Old San Juan, via the Puerta de Tierra oceanside road, you will spot a valet parking stand on the side with nothing but an ocean behind the stand. By all means, pull up. You will be treated to a top-notch dinner at the oceanside restaurant hideen from street view; it's one level below the valet stand. It offers inside and outside seating; I prefer outside along a verandah overlooking palm trees and ocean surf. Fish, shrimp, lobster, meats are on the menu. The specialty here is fish, especially grouper or snapper, cooked in the style which made Dona Ladi famous in Salinas, a town on Puerto Rico's southern coast. (Order grouper mojo style - that's with a special onion sauce.) The servers are friendly, but could be a little more efficient. restrooms are clean. Prices are twice of what they would be in the original Ladi's in Salinas. Cheesecake (different flavors) are on the dessert menu. Note that cheesecake is not a Puerto-Rican specialty, but the ones here are very good;