US$149
US$118
US$88
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$176
US$115
  • Restaurant
US$98
US$88
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Restaurant
US$191
US$146
  • Breakfast included
US$89
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

The Dreamcatcher(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$148
Travelocity
Andalucia House(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$99
2,578 results
All reviewsconvention centerchoices restaurantthe club loungeinfinity pooltexas de brazilpuerto ricoold san juannice hotelsushi barcruise shipacross the streetlobby barcab ridenice poolpre cruiserental carcondado area
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The hotel & staff were great. We were able to check in really early. The only down side out this hotel is that there is nothing else in the area. We took alot of cabs down to Old San Juan which ran about $13 each way. If I had to do it over again I would stay at the other Sheraton in Old San Juan and save on all the cab rides or renting a car. Your food options are limited to the hotel the only other thing in the area is the Sizzlers down the road, it was horrible. I would say the bus in front of the convention center is only 75 cents and it takes you down to the beach and we learned even into Old San Juan on our last day. Would say look into the bus it will save you some $. Which I would not spend in the casino, just seemed like no was winning. The pool area is not open 24 hours, it would have been nice to sit out there past the closing time just to relax.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We enjoyed the stay at the Sheraton. It was clean and comfortable. The first room they gave us did not have a good view so they changed it to a larger balcony with a view of the harbor and it was private. The pool was amazing!! The room service was better than we expected for a hotel. The burgers we ordered from room service were delicious. Our housekeeper was super nice and even put our drinks on ice when we returned from a day out at the pool. Casino staff were all very friendly. We ate sushi at the blackjack table while we gambled....talk about service. Bring your own bottled water...the comped hotel water tasted funny. We stayed while a bbq convention was going on and the hotel got pretty croweded over the weekend which slowed down the elevator service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2010

can't explain my days there, from moment i walk inn, wow, my really people are working here/ very friendtly there for the people, nice smiles willing to help is incredible, because, i leave in connecticut and i continued been the same ...puertorrican.. and when i go to puertorrico i,m expecting seing my own, they all are there. i will continued going there and hoping keep getting same attention and specials smiles . remenmber one of the guys brought my luggages in he was soo smart i ask myself what this guy doing here he.s personaliyt is highter than a 100 percent but good his there people will come back. i can,t wait to go back soon, on my birthday. but i do have a little recomendation maybe a little better menu outside in the pool area and prices maybee good happy hour everyday would be excellent specially if you stay more than a week.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Manager's representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

Many thanks for your compliments! We're thrilled you had a great time. Our goal is for all our guests to have a similar experience. It's very important for us that our guests feel home away from home. We look forward to connecting with your on your birthday and future occasions. Thanks!

Reviewed 6 August 2010

I stayed here for two nights. I saw that the hotel was fairly new (<1year) and from the pictures on the hotel web site the hotel looked great.

There is no "customer service" at this hotel. I interacted with the management several times and they never were able to address the problems I had.

For starters, the hotel charges a 14% "Hotel Service Fee". Not a "resort fee" of $10 or $15 per day, but a % fee. So the higher your room rate, the higher your fee. And what does the fee get you? Well, one thing it gets you is a "daily English language newspaper". That is, unless it's a Sunday....I was told my the manager that "sometimes we don't get Sunday papers in Puerto Rico". Really? Then sometimes you shouldn't charge every guest a service fee for something you are going to deliver. You also may not get your daily paper on Mondays (as in my case), because "it's a hoilday weekend, so there is no paper today". Don't be fooled, this fee is nothing more than a hidden room rate increase. Why can't the hotel just set the per-night rate appropriately, instead of adding on such an obviously bogus fee???

I am in Starwood's Preferred Guest program as a Platinum member (>25 stays per year), so I stay in a lot of hotels. As a Platinum member I am supposed to get a room upgrade ("best available at check-in") and access to the club lounge and terrace (on the top floor). I was really looking forward to using the club lounge, because it looked really nice on the web site and it's a nice perk - breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day, hors d'oeuvres in the evening, as advertised on the hotel web site. Well guess what? They had to close the lounge in this 8-month old hotel for repairs. At least that's what I was told the first time. After seeing a group of people on the top floor lounge (from the pool area), I inquired again about the lounge and then I was told "the lounge is booked for a private event". Huh? I thought it was closed for repairs. When I checked out, I again mentioned this to the manager and expressed my displeasure that the lounge was currently being advertised as a perk on their web site, yet I was first told it was closed for repairs and then told it was booked for a private event. Then I get story # 3 - the lounge is closed for the season due to low occupancy, and was booked during my stay for a private event. Low occupancy? I was told by the bellman on the way out that the hotel had been nearly 100% occupied for the last 3 days. 3 stories, not sure any of them are true.

And the elevators. There are 5 elevators. You have to take the elevator to get to the pool, which is on the 4th floor. With high occupancy, the wait for an elevator was anywhere from 5-10 minutes. One of the elevators must not have been working, I never saw the door open during my entire stay. That leaves 4 working elevators to use, right? Wrong. It seems when the "private party" booked the lounge, the hotel decided that the private party guests shouldn't have to wait for elevators like the "common" guests of the hotel - so they reserved one of the elevators exclusively for the private party!! How ridiculous is that, make the guests in the other 500 rooms wait even longer so the private party doesn't have to wait to use the elevator.

I used each restaurant in the hotel. The food was fine, nothing spectacular, but not bad. However the prices are ridiculous, you'd think you were in NYC. Which is unfortunate because there is NOTHING within walking distance of the hotel. You will definitely need a car (or be prepared to use Taxi's) to do ANYTHING outside of the hotel.

My "upgraded room" was a room on the 5th floor (of 12) overlooking the parking garage. Nice. :(

The phone in my room did not work. I had to call the front desk on my cell phone and they sent a techie up, who did get the phone working after about 10 minutes.

Overall the stay was a huge disappointment. I complained via email and made inquiries to the manager, and have not yet received a response to my questions. (over 3 weeks).

Customer service at this hotel is non-existant. Nothing seems to matter, except swiping your credit card, charging outrageous prices for par service (at best), and completely ignoring concerns of the guests.

Even without having status in their "preferred guest club" I think the treatment I received was inexcusable. My stay here was a huge disappointment, and I'll never stay at this hotel again.

This property could be a great experience if the owners got rid of all the current management, did away with ridiculous 14% fees for nothing, and focussed on treating their guests like guests. A good start would be to respond to emails from guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
8  Thank Tanq K
Michel-Notten, Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2010

Dear KT127,

Thank you for your feedback and your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program. I am sorry this experience, along with your other Starwood stays have not been what you've expected.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay and I’m disappointed. We take all posted comments seriously and appreciate any and all feedback we can get. I apologize about your experience with some of the services, and us not addressing your concerns immediately.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our hotel. If you would like to further and more specifically discuss your experience with me, I would be happy to chat with you.

If your travels take you back to San Juan, I invite you to stay with us again; I will personally look after your reservations and stay details and I'm confident you will have a very different experience.

Best Regards,
Michel Notten, Director of Rooms

Reviewed 3 August 2010

The hotel is brand new, but has a "too modern" style that does not really fit with the fact you are in a Caraibic Island.
The rooms are smaller than you would expect in a Sheraton: the furniture is new and pretty stylish but doesn't really leave so much space to move and put your stuff around.
The closet is particularly small, but has an iron an iron board - if you suceed to get them out from the closet! The bathroom is as well disappointing for a such new hotel: small, impersonal, cheap quality stuff (plastic top around the sink!!).
The only great thing was the bed, as per sheraton standard: extremely confortable, lots of pillow and soft duvet.
Other amenities offered for free: a useful safe box, starbucks coffee, a couple of bottled water per day and cable internet connection. BUT there was NOT fridge or minibar in the room, which seemed to us very odd, especially considering that in Puerto Rico the weather is pretty hot all over the year and it would be nice to have a cool drink without calling room service all the time!!!
The laundry service is simply awful: we sent some shirts and did not get them back after TWO days, so we called the reception and they told us thet our laundry was ready but they did NOT have ANYONE who can deliver it to our room and the only way in which we can get it was to go down and pick it up by ourself; so I did, I went downstairs and waited 20 minutes on line in the lobby, just to be told that they could not locate our laundry at the moment and that we should wait for have it delivered in room the nexy day!!! (eventually, we get the laundry the following day, but NOBODY from the management even say to us a word for excusing the bad service, and they charged us the full amount even after 3 days!!!).
Another negative things is the location: you are in a beautiful caraibic island and all you see from the hotel is an ugly marina and the huge convention center just in fron of the hotel. Even from the "panoramic" pool, the view is quite depressing... The pool and sunbathing area is really disappointing: very crowded, small pool, bad views, bad service at the pool bar.
We stayed at the hotel from a tuesday, when the hotel was pretty quite, to a sunday: during the weekend the hotel filled up with a lot of low-level big noisy families (probably attracted by weekend discounted rates) and everything, from the service level to the atmosphere, became even worse.
The bar and restaurants can go if you need a quick bite, even overpriced, but for a real meal we strongly suggest to take a taxi and go to old San Juan, where you can also enjoy a walk and great shopping, which is not possible around the hotel.
There are much better hotels in Puerto Rico!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stefi1970

We thank you for posting your review of our hotel. However, we regret that you did not enjoy your visit with us. Your description of our less than satisfactory performance in service during your visit is a valuable input that will help us plan much better for the future. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced. Next time your travels take you to San Juan, I would encourage you to give us another try. I'd like the opportunity to provide you with the experience we expect and you deserve. Warm regards.