“Delish!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived in San Juan via a cruise ship. Walked around town and stumbled upon this gem. Service was extremely friendly and helpful. Food was delish! The plantains were very good. We also ordered the Puerto Rican Onion Steak and Empanadas... excellent! Good came with beans and rice. The beans were very tasty.

1  Thank Denny D

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We were in San Juan for 4 days prior to a cruise. This day, we were touring Old San Juan. We went to Manolin based on our taxi driver's suggestion. He told us that many locals go there and he was right.
When we arrived, the restaurant was about 1/4 full - most of the seating is bar style, there are only about 4 tables. We sat at an empty bar and were promptly greeted by our server Benito. He was fantastic. His English was limited, but that was no big deal since my wife is a native speaker. Benito gave us his recommendations and brought is a couple of samples, since we couldn't decide.
We ordered our food based on Benito's recommendation - our food was wonderful. The pepper chicken and pollo empañado were excellent, as was the arroz con habichuelas.
As we ate, Benito hung around and made small talk, but he wasn't hovering over us.
All in all, this is a fantastic restaurant that it only open for breakfast and lunch. They serve authentic food at a great price. I'd highly recommend Manolin to anyone looking for a great, authentic Puertorican lunch.

1  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The food here is Puerto Rican but nothing fancy. On the other hand the prices are great. Only alcohol is beer.

It's only open for breakfast and lunch and you have to look close to find it or you will walk right by.

There are plenty of other alternatives. Try the Mallorca Cafeteria instead.

1  Thank edsachs
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

So far this is the best place my family has eaten at in Old San Juan. This was our second trip to PR in as many years. The prices are right for the food that is offered. By far the best service. Service is prompt and informative. The decor is old school diner with a huge lunch counter. They also spared no expense on their HVAC. The food was very good. Stick with the mofongos, rice and beans, chicken and pork dishes.

1  Thank JLuckyJr
Reviewed 11 July 2017

My friend and I found this place on TripAdvisor and were glad we did! The food was delicious and the service was fantastic! My goal is to always find the restaurants where the locals go. I am never disappointed when I find them either! My friend had the pork special as recommended by the server. It was very flavorful, tender, and juicy. It came with Puerto Rican rice w/pigeon peas and potato salad. I got chicken with rice and beans. My lunch was great, but the pork was to die for. It was better than the pork we got later at Pork Highway. This is a diner style restaurant, not fine dining. Great for a quick, delicious meal that won't break the bank!