“Overhyped. Was left expecting more”
Review of Oliva Dieta Mediterranea - CLOSED

Oliva Dieta Mediterranea
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ashford Ave
Description: Inspired in the trilogy of the Mediterranean diet (bread, wine and olive oil), O:liva is the mastered by the recognized chef Nicolas Gomez. The executive chef has created a menu that unites flavors, recipes and experiences from towns in the Mediterranean border such as Spain, France, Italy and Morocco. Olive Oil, known as the nectar of the Mediterranean, plays one of the main characters in the scene together with rich traditions and diverse landscapes. O:liva is presented as an art form that, like wine, has multiple varieties, flavors and its own trade secrets.
Reviewed 30 May 2013

various friends have been to the rest and said it was great, so we had high expectations of this place. we had a reservation for 3 at 8pm and arrived there at 8pm. we were told to visit the terrace while out table was ready. after 45 min of waiting out table was ready. we had to wait standing while other groups who came after us were seated. once seated we almost had to beg for service. waiters continuously bumped our chairs without apologizing. we were sat close to the kitchen (its visible from almost every table) and could hear the complains between the chefs and the waiters.
Service was not good at all. there was no manager in sight for us to complain to (we did complain to the waiters themselves, but, they just continued on as if all was good)
the food was ok. for the hype this rest has, and the reviews I've read and the price they charge the food was not up to par. $36 for main course, $35 fee for uncorking is ok, but the service and quality of the food HAS to be up to par with the price.
Conclusion, I will not repeat the visit. the food is ok if it was half the price. the service was poor and has a lot to learn.

1  Thank SirFrancis787
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Oliva Dieta Mediterranea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Dear guest. I am very sorry you experience with us was not as positive as the majority of our visitors as you can see in other trip advisors. I apologize for the waiting time. As you noticed we are a very small restaurant and during the weekends the restaurant gets very crowded and we try our best to accommodate everyone as fast as we can. Still we are constantly evaluating our reservation system in order to minimize circumstances such as this one. Regardless, I'm glad you could enjoy the Rooftop. It is a private space based on membership so it is nice that you got a chance to see it and enjoy the great atmosphere and view of the lagoon.

As you can see on our other reviews, our service is usually praised. I am sorry that this was not the case in your specific experience. I can assure you that the restaurant manager and me personally work very hard with our employees to maintain the quality of service at the top notch so I am sorry to hear of your negative experience. This is something extremely uncommon that is already being discussed to make sure it never happens again.

Once again I want to apologize for not creating the best experience. As a fine-dinning restaurant in Condado we work hard to always provide great food the best quality ingredients. Our chef has used all his international experiences and knowledge into creating a varied menu with influences from different countries. We always have, and will continue to work hard to create positive and exquisite experiences for all of our clients.

Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future to change you negative experience,

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Booked reservation for my parents based on reviews here... They loved it. Great atmosphere, decor and food. I can't wait to go myself once I'm back in San Juan !

Thank you very much for trusting such important people in our hands! It is always a pleasure for us to create exquisite experiences with great food and service for our customers and I am happy to hear we accomplished this with your parents. When you come back to San Juan it woudl be our pleasure to welcome you home!

See you soon,

Reviewed 16 May 2013

disappointment mi second visit
order steak rotten and foul smelling the chef did not have even the delicacy to go table to ask excuse the person who was serving our table very nice and profecional ask we can serve another thing believe the level that this rest has unprofessional handled charged us the dish not give us any excuse very bad impression, amateurishness i will not recomed

Dear Guest! I am very sorry that you second visit to our restaurant did not go as expected. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience with you dish and how it was handled. I can assure you and every future client of Oliva Dieta Mediterránea that we have taken action to make sure that our clients are pleased with both the service and food quality.

Thank you for your honest review. We are appreciative of constructive criticism as it helps us grow and get better.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Amazing time while celebrating a friend's birthday. Great service and food was absolutely delicious.

OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Oliva Dieta Mediterranea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear guest!

Thank you very much or choosing Oliva for your special celebration. It is a pleasure for all of the staff to help create memorable experiences for our guests and I'm glad we could accomplish this with you and your friends.

I also want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on this review. We love it when guests take time to let us know how was their time with us.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We have the opportunity to visit the restaurant for our Anniversary and it has been an unforgettable and excelent experience. The food and ambience its perfect.

Dear Guest!

Congratulations on your anniversary! I am honored that you choose us to celebrate such an amazing occasion. We have created a very romantic environment that works perfectly for such occasions. Thank you for making us a part of your special night. We hope you come back and create more tasteful and exquisite memories!

See you soon,