“Exquisite, love it!!!”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ashford Ave
Description: Inspired in the trilogy of the Mediterranean diet (bread, wine and olive oil), O:liva is the mastered by the recognized chef Nicolas Gomez. The executive chef has created a menu that unites flavors, recipes and experiences from towns in the Mediterranean border such as Spain, France, Italy and Morocco. Olive Oil, known as the nectar of the Mediterranean, plays one of the main characters in the scene together with rich traditions and diverse landscapes. O:liva is presented as an art form that, like wine, has multiple varieties, flavors and its own trade secrets.
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We love this restaurant!!!every time we go is a new great experience. The menu offers a good variety of exquisite dishes, the staff are very friendly and efficient. As a Manager myself I can say that its a very lovely restaurant, the quality of their food is awsome... All the details, atmosphere, decoration, warm welcome, great service, and off couse ,The Rooftop is what we love the most!!! Every course arrives in a timely manner, which is important because if you want to be relax, have a great time with your companion and enjoy your meal...this is the place...

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Oliva has the potential to be a great rest but it is not right now. The principal problem is the quality of the ingredients used. The lamb chops plate the meat used was of low quality but the couscous was great, the same with the crab cakes it was more flour than crab, the gnocchi plate it was frozen that you can get at the supermarket with a watery down sauce, the foie gras was good. Service was friendly and efficient.

1  Thank pjbaez
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Oliva Dieta Mediterranea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Guest,

I am sorry for your negative experience while visiting Oliva Dieta Mediterránea. I can assure you and all of our future customers that experiences such as this one are extremely uncommon as you can see from other reviews as well as from your previous 2 visits.

I personally can assure all of our past, present and future clients that we use the best quality ingredients in all of our dishes, in fact we are known for the excellence in our food. For example: We use lamb from Colorado which is known as one of the best and higher quality. The crab cakes are made fresh by our chef and the process involves absolutely no flour. If you take a look through the glass to the kitchen (which is visible to almost every table) you will see the cook freshly preparing the gnoccis at the moment the plate is ordered (no frozen ingredient is used for this or any of our dishes in the menu).

Once again, I want to apologize for your inconvenience and want to assure you that this was a very uncommon experience. Thank you for your honest review and for helping us become better .

Reviewed 30 May 2013

various friends have been to the rest and said it was great, so we had high expectations of this place. we had a reservation for 3 at 8pm and arrived there at 8pm. we were told to visit the terrace while out table was ready. after 45 min of waiting out table was ready. we had to wait standing while other groups who came after us were seated. once seated we almost had to beg for service. waiters continuously bumped our chairs without apologizing. we were sat close to the kitchen (its visible from almost every table) and could hear the complains between the chefs and the waiters.
Service was not good at all. there was no manager in sight for us to complain to (we did complain to the waiters themselves, but, they just continued on as if all was good)
the food was ok. for the hype this rest has, and the reviews I've read and the price they charge the food was not up to par. $36 for main course, $35 fee for uncorking is ok, but the service and quality of the food HAS to be up to par with the price.
Conclusion, I will not repeat the visit. the food is ok if it was half the price. the service was poor and has a lot to learn.

1  Thank SirFrancis787
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Oliva Dieta Mediterranea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Dear guest. I am very sorry you experience with us was not as positive as the majority of our visitors as you can see in other trip advisors. I apologize for the waiting time. As you noticed we are a very small restaurant and during the weekends the restaurant gets very crowded and we try our best to accommodate everyone as fast as we can. Still we are constantly evaluating our reservation system in order to minimize circumstances such as this one. Regardless, I'm glad you could enjoy the Rooftop. It is a private space based on membership so it is nice that you got a chance to see it and enjoy the great atmosphere and view of the lagoon.

As you can see on our other reviews, our service is usually praised. I am sorry that this was not the case in your specific experience. I can assure you that the restaurant manager and me personally work very hard with our employees to maintain the quality of service at the top notch so I am sorry to hear of your negative experience. This is something extremely uncommon that is already being discussed to make sure it never happens again.

Once again I want to apologize for not creating the best experience. As a fine-dinning restaurant in Condado we work hard to always provide great food the best quality ingredients. Our chef has used all his international experiences and knowledge into creating a varied menu with influences from different countries. We always have, and will continue to work hard to create positive and exquisite experiences for all of our clients.

Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future to change you negative experience,

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Booked reservation for my parents based on reviews here... They loved it. Great atmosphere, decor and food. I can't wait to go myself once I'm back in San Juan !

Thank you very much for trusting such important people in our hands! It is always a pleasure for us to create exquisite experiences with great food and service for our customers and I am happy to hear we accomplished this with your parents. When you come back to San Juan it woudl be our pleasure to welcome you home!

See you soon,

Reviewed 16 May 2013

disappointment mi second visit
order steak rotten and foul smelling the chef did not have even the delicacy to go table to ask excuse the person who was serving our table very nice and profecional ask we can serve another thing believe the level that this rest has unprofessional handled charged us the dish not give us any excuse very bad impression, amateurishness i will not recomed

Dear Guest! I am very sorry that you second visit to our restaurant did not go as expected. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience with you dish and how it was handled. I can assure you and every future client of Oliva Dieta Mediterránea that we have taken action to make sure that our clients are pleased with both the service and food quality.

Thank you for your honest review. We are appreciative of constructive criticism as it helps us grow and get better.