“Best Fish Sandwich I ever ate ”
Review of La Cueva Del Mar

La Cueva Del Mar
Ranked #32 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We went exploring old San Juan on a Tuesday afternoon and decided to get something to eat and stopped here cause we were told they had the best fish tacos. There was a line about a 8 minute wait.
My boyfriend and I both ordered the fish sandwich and let me just say it was huge we could have shared one as we both ate only half. But we both were like omg this is the best fish sandwich ever. It was that good that we went back again. This place is a must try when in old San Juan the service and food are excellent. It stays busy and I see wine. The sangria was also excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

The food, ambiance and service at this restaurant was simply amazing. I definitely will be returning hopefully sooner than later

Thank L. Sherrona B
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

I received a recommendation from a fellow traveler at the airport. La Cueva Del Mar is convenient in Old San Juan near the parking structure near the docks. The fish tacos were good (you probably need 3 or 4). Other people had the shrimp tacos and raved about them. The restaurant is not large but has outdoor tables. They have fresh fish displayed. All food is fresh and amazing.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

I learned of this restaurant through Tripadvisor. The reviews were spot on. The fish tacos were among the best I've had. I had a meat & cheese turnover (empanada) & my son had a crabmeat turnover. Both were excellent. The rice & beans were SO flavorful! OMG they were my son's favorite part of the dining experience.

Also, I got to the restaurant during happy hour. Our server, Angel, was such a great resource. He gave excellent advice on entrees and drinks

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Food tastes great, had to wait for 20 mins for a table, waiters are very stressed, drinks arrived fast but food was somewhat slow, worth the wait for food, fish tacos are the best.