“Shick and hip”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Dragonfly's, our candlelit atmosphere is calming and provides for intimate spaces within the restaurant. Our romantic restaurant serves plenty of vegetarian and meat dishes and has two dining areas, a lounge, and two bars. We also offer our customers a communal noodle bar. Dragonfly's sexy, ruby red, and gold interior is transporting and designed to resemble an old opium den in tropical Asia.
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This place is cool if you're looking for something outside of that Old San Juan feel. It's Asian cuisine with Latin flavors. No complaints but I'd stick to the restaurants that are authentic PR food.

Our server Nylmari was friendly and helpful with the menu. I came here for coffee and dessert. I had the Ajonjoli Creme Brûlée. It was tasty but I was hoping for the actual flavor a of the authentic PR candy.

1  Thank SheKnowsHerStuff

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We traveled there one evening with the family. I have to say that the interior is very club like feel that they fused with Asian ambiance and even a dj. The highlight was the food as it was well done and quite imaginative. We all enjoyed the experience. Not cheap. I have to say, that the outside terrace would be the spot we would sit next time as the outside atmosphere in Old San Juan is great.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We went here since Aquaviva's kitchen had closed for the night. We sat downstairs and while it was dimly lit, the atmosphere was intimate and inviting. We ordered the San Juan Roll and Tempura Dragon Roll, both were excellent. There was a delay in our second roll coming out as there were several large parties dining simultaneously. Our server brought us a complementary dish of chicken dumpling as an apology- they were outstanding! Highly recommend this establishment for the quality of food, service, and atmosphere.

1  Thank Katie B
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We were very happy with our meal at the Dragonfly! We had the chicken dumplings, duck nachos, and the steak. Wow! Really good. We highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We stumbled upon Dragonfly while looking for Parrot Club (same owners). We were quite pleased. The service was incredible! We sat outside--the breeze combined with the sounds of the old town set a perfect atmosphere.

Our wonderful waitress convinced us to try the cocktails. I had the Wasabitini and the other half went with the Sexy Water. They were both tasty, but I preferred the Wasabitini. It paired well with the INCREDIBLE tartare which was exquisite.

Our waitress also recommended the New Style Sashimi. We followed her advice (I wish I could remember her name because she was a delight) and ordered the salmon. It came thinly sliced and served with a warm sesame oil. This has to be one of the best dishes I've had in a long time. Do yourself a favor and order this as well!

Our other dishes were the Tropical Threesome Roll and the Korean Kimchee Dragon fajitas. Both were very good. All food is served family style, so we were able to share and taste.

This is a great place with a great menu and a very attentive staff. It is worth the visit!