“One of the Condado's best”
Review of Cayo Blanco

Cayo Blanco
Ranked #83 of 1,072 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$10 - US$49
Description: Cayo Blanco Restaurant in the heart of Condado in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Serve local caribbean seafood and steaks. Great Cocktails and attractive ambience.
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We liked Cayo Blanco when we went with friends on a prior trip but on this visit we thought it was even better. We arrived around 7:00 just as they opened so we got a window table, which is a plus. We had the crab cakes to start (really good) and for main courses I had the salmon on a bed of white beans and bacon and my husband had the yellow snapper on a bed of mashed potatoes. Both were perfectly prepared. The servings were ample and we had to pass on dessert. Service was very good throughout the meal. The only problem I have with this restaurant is that the tables are close together (it's a small space) and the surfaces are all hard so as it fills up it gets very loud. By the time we left we had a problem hearing one another. I'll definitely go back for the fine food but I'll make it an early dinner again.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Went for fish and it was terrible I had the fish Paella and fish was dryHuge load of rice and had to look for the fish. Ordered the side of plantain for 5 dollars got 6 slices No bread with meal The staff tried hard but just not top notch service Everything is an add on and food either bad or just ok Place is freezing and decor is cold and uninviting Save your money and enjoy one of the other great restaurants in this area.Not sure but thinking the glowing reviews of this place are planted by staff or freinds

Reviewed 17 March 2017

My wife and I were staying at the Vanderbilt Hotel across the street from the Cayo Blanco Restaurant and we happen to walk by a restaurant employee who told us all about the daily specials. My wife and I decided to eat at the restaurant the following night and both were very impressed from the service to the cleanliness to the meal. My wife and I both loved our meals and the staff and highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Decided to walk across the street from our hotel and try this intriguing place. We were not disappointed--best meal in San Juan so far! The food was incredible from the avocado salad, empanadas, scallops and fish croquettes to the snapper(delicious!!!) and the steak. Only complaint is that the food came out in a weird order. Bring a sweater. Apparently, the building used to be an ice cream shop and the rear tables can get mighty chilly. Overall, yummy and great staff!

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Had dinner there last. Night. A superb Paella which I could not finish as the portion was so big. Very attentive staff who kept checking in from time to time during the meal.
Highly recommend a visit