Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews breakfast basket ceviche sun bay beach restaurants and bars walking distance puerto rico muertos cutest earplugs lisa roosters towels esperanza island vieques beaches
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off I would like to thank Lisa and Kate for their great hospitality and greeting. Lisa arranged our taxi from the airport and Kate graciously helped us rebook the Bio tour after our original tour operator (Travesias) canceled our booking 5 hours before our scheduled time. When we entered the room it had 2 comfortable queen beds that was very nice and clean. The room also provided beach chairs and a nice lite breakfast in the morning. My sister ate her breakfast on the beautiful common area balcony. The location is very close to restaurants and shops. It's also walking distance to Sun Bay Beach. Note: due to the location you'll hear music so if you're a light sleeper be forewarned - we are in Puerto Rico who like music.

Room tip: There is a very nice restaurant downstairs. There are stairs to the second level to access the rooms.
Date of stay: December 2022
Reviewed 23 December 2022

A beautiful place to stay. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The restaurant below has the best food, and the breakfast basket was such a treat. It will not be my last time to stay there!

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2022 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay at Puertas! From the minute I booked our stay Kate, the owner, was attentive to our needs. Contacting us in advance for our arrival plans and arranging for a taxi to pick us up at the airport. The hotel itself was clean, well maintained and comfortable accommodations. It is such a charming tropical oasis. I enjoyed each morning eating my breakfast on our private patio looking out at the ocean, and lazy afternoons napping in our hammock (I believe each room has their own hammock on their patio). The location is great - directly across the street from the ocean/beach and centrally located near all the restaurants and bars in Esperanza. We did rent a golf cart to explore the rest of the island across the street at Fun Brothers. A nice dinner ($$) at the restaurant below, El Quenepo is a must! The food is fresh and delicious! Without a doubt I would highly recommend booking a stay at Puerta!

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2022 via mobile

The room was immaculately clean. I will say it was a tad noisy from Construction downstairs &
Roosters that crowed at 3 am BUT the host provided ear plugs that worked amazingly! Perfect views of the sunset from the terrace. Right in the heart of restaurants, tours, etc. All of the staff were awesome and over the top nice. The owner was always on premises and super kind and helpful. Definitely get your breakfast basket in the morning! We will definitely be back if ever in Vieques again!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2022

If you are thinking of staying at Puertas and would like to sleep, this is NOT the place for you! My husband and I just returned from a 6 night stay (technically 5 nights since we had to go to another hotel for a night just to get some sleep). From the rooster next door crowing all day, starting about 4:30am to the music Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, we were unable to sleep (even with the ear plugs provided) or relax because of the horrifically LOUD, DEAFENING, EAR SPLITTING music coming from the local "hot spot" and the truck out front with several 6 foot speakers booming until 2:30am. Tried texting the owner for assistance since she informed us after the first night that there was a 1 am ordinance , however, she never responded. She said she did not receive, perhaps her phone was off since she was not there Sunday or Monday. She did mention afterwards that the website says " potential for loud music", however, loud music does not even begin to describe the DEAFENING noise experienced. Maybe a disclaimer stating just how loud, how late the partying is would help people make an informed decision before booking (since the policy is no cancelation after booking).
As a previous reviewer indicated, Puertas is not a "boutique hotel", but 4 rooms over a restaurant. If you need help after the restaurant closes, you will be out of luck.
If planning a trip or vacation to Vieques, research the many other options in Vieques for places to stay for an enjoyable, relaxing trip.

Please understand we are not the only guests upset by our stay, the others staying at the same time, shared with us their complaints and extreme disappointment as well.

Date of stay: May 2022
Kate Cole, Owner at Puertas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2022

Saludos Linda,

Please accept our apology for your experience. However, I am saddened by your misrepresentations. As you and I discussed in person, your text messages failed to send. I did not ignore your text. We truly wish you had taken a moment to share your concerns with Lisa, our MOD, available Sunday and Monday from 8:00 am- 5:00 pm. Instead you brought this to my attention on Tuesday - days later - upon your departure.

We are not able to control what happens on public property or the street but would have contacted the police and reported the issue had your texts gone through or you had given us a call. We do provide information on our website about the potential for noise at Puertas:

"Please note on weekend nights and holidays there is the potential for loud music as you are in the heart
of the Malecón, within walking distance of the beach, bars, restaurants and shops. This is where the
visitors and locals come to have fun. If you prefer a quieter location, please book our lovely Casita
Granada in Pilon by visiting our website at www.sanpascualdeceboruco.com"

All the best,