All reviews positive energy hot tub great room the perfect spot caribbean sea can't wait to go back sun bay script house paradise privacy bedroom amenities comfort island vieques property
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We had a great thanksgiving in Vieques thanks to this beautiful home and surrounding area. The house is so special - the pool, the views, the decks...all looking out to the sea. We visited all the beaches on the island and had easy assess to the entire island from the villa.
Can't wait to go back and bring more friends next time.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank DCH67
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Our group of eight (four adults and four kids, ages 12 - 15) have had the honor of staying at Villa Gallega for the past four years, and have just booked for 2018. Words cannot express how absolutely wonderful this property is.

Private, immaculate, comfortable, soothing, and beautifully equipped, Villa Gallega is more than simply a stunning home with breathtaking views. It is an experience made outstanding by the incredible service provided by the ICARVS management group in New York and their team on the ground in Vieques.

From our very first contact with them, we were treated like honored guests, like people who mattered and whose comfort was important. That is what sets this already phenomenal property apart, and we wholeheartedly recommend it to you.

LOCATION
It's natural to think you should stay on the beach when you travel to a gorgeous tropical island. However, on Vieques there are enormous upsides to not doing so, including tranquility, privacy, security, views, and comfort.

Villa Gallega is not on the beach. In fact, it is high up on Barrio Florida Hill, behind two security gates, and it offers sweeping, panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea. There are only four houses on the private road, and there's no vehicular or foot traffic by the house. The peace and serenity are unmatched; yet, you are only minutes away from Isabel II, Esperanza, Sun Bay, beaches, grocery shopping, restaurants, and stores. As an added bonus, there's a great restaurant, Next Course, right at the bottom of Barrio Florida Hill.

We've been all over Vieques during the past four years, and have yet to find a location that compares to everything Villa Gallega offers its guests. It's an oasis.

AMENITIES
The main floor has an open floor plan living/dining/cooking area that is a true great room. Airy and glorious it's the perfect spot for your group to gather. There's lot's of great tech included and the wi-fi works wonderfully (although you'll be too blissed out most of the time to want to use it). The galley style kitchen has everything you could possibly need in the way of utensils.

The pool is a dream, the hot-tub is great. There's an enormous barbecue grill for you to use. Rental also includes beach chairs and gear, so from the minute you arrive you will truly be in paradise.

Villa Gallega is quite simply the best. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Do not neglect to reserve vehicles as soon as you've booked your trip. A vehicle is an absolute necessity if you stay at this property.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AppleNell
Reviewed 27 October 2016

It was a perfect home away from home. I and my fiancé stayed for a complete five days. It was comfortable with all the necessities one has in their own home and kitchen. Very important to me cause I like to cook. Chairs/towels for the beach even the fridge bags to take to the beach drinks and sandwiches. Rented a Jeep took off to the beaches and sites as they have a couple... even BBQed at home, and laid by the pool and swam. Even up to date on technology Wifi/Apple TV .. Excellent. Nothing but comfort. To wake up to an incredible view every morning, it was breath taking. I was refreshed every morning. Beautiful absolutely beautiful!!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2016

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our a few nights here while island hopping around Puerto Rico - it was an amazing experience! Note that the pool side studio apartment and upstairs multiroom apartment rent separately. We stayed in the pool side studio and only a single person was staying upstairs at the time, so the sense of privacy was maintained - yet also he was a smart and charming person to get to know and socialize with! The booking company that I coordinated with was wonderfully friendly and helpful as well - they provided the best customer service and made me feel especially valued with lots of tips and tailored advice.

We both loved the modern design of the studio apartment, and it is very functional though not a lot of extra space. You can walk in from the pool directly over to a shower and bathroom, a small refrigerator, microwave, toaster, large TV, dvd player, AppleTV (awesome!) and table (or mostly we sat out on the deck), and good wifi Internet. There were also some beach chairs, hammocks and things to use when we spent a day at the beaches. I was so glad to be able to "spoil" both myself and my girlfriend with a stay here!

The views and location just can't be beat! Wake up and fall asleep in paradise - watching the sun rise and set over the horizon from the infinity pool, lounge chair, or hammock! The fresh air breezes are wonderful tool. The whole island is yours to conquer during the day - and it's so nice to have this "little piece of paradise" all to yourself - especially at the start and end of the day!

When I was there, the access road was a bit rough and washed out - with narrow access and lots of overhanging tree branches - so I would recommend transport with a Jeep or other high-road-level-clearance and possibly 4x4 to not bottom out or damage your vehicle. There is a private gate and road so the location is quite secluded.

Room Tip: studio for 1-2 people, apartment for more guests, rent a Jeep
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel2photo
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

The best home staying I have ever visited. Footage, food , service and everything concerns relax was there. It's a most you have to impose once in your life. We found even car to visit the most beautiful environment thanks to Mike Bianco

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family