Simon Hotel(Fort-de-France)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Redoute Paradise(Fort-de-France)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolrooftop restauranttop floorfree breakfasthospitalfrenchnoisemartiniqueproximityisland
Reviewed 10 February 2017

The staff was fantastic, the food at the restaurant was very good and decently priced (the Creme Brulee was absolutely KILLER). A little tough to find on GoogleMaps at first because it was just listed as Hotel Valmeniere. The top deck and pool area offer some really nice views of FDF. For the price, it was a great pick.

Room Tip: Rooms to the East are much louder because of the highway. If you're not a super-light sleeper you'll be fine.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Equipe_Karibea, Responsable relations clients at Karibea Valmeniere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Bryan,

We would like first to thank you for sharing your experience at La Valmenière.

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are particularly delighted to read compliments about our staff as it prove that everybody is involved on making your stay a good one. We are glad to ready that you could take advantage of the restaurant and particularly of the Crème Brulée, we will congrats our catering service.
We are also really happy to see that ou took advantage of the rooftop with the pool, the jacuzzi and indeed an awesome view on Fort de France.

Thanks again for staying with us and we would be really glad to welcome you here or in one of our leisure resort.

Kind regards,
The Karibea team.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Noisy, really bad bed. Don't recommend at all.
We had to overnight due to air Caraíbe didn't tell us that our flight was canceled
Worst service ever with air Caraíbe and to help worst hotel ever. I recommend do not travel with this company and don't let them put you in this hotel

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Equipe_Karibea, Responsable relations clients at Karibea Valmeniere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear Downunder,

We would like first to thank you for sharing with us your experience at La Valmenière. This comments helps us to improve our services quality.

We feel really that you had all this troubles, we know it is annoying to have your flight cancel. But we are not Air Caraibes, and even if we are sorry that your flight had been cancelled, we unfortunatly couldn't do anything and our staff either. We are sorry if your bed didn't meet you expectation though and we stay at your disposal if you want to say anything about the hotel in particular.

Kind regards,
The Karibea Team.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

This is my second stay at La Valmeniere and I have no regrets. The establishment is clean and modern and the staff are friendly and very helpful. I would recommend for business trips.

The free breakfast as the same daily, but fresh and tasty.

The most valuable feature are the staff, they went out of their way to assist and were very patient with me, more so as I could not speak French.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2016

Unfortunately it's location is a big minus. The main road is less then a stones throw away and it seems the rush hour lasts all day until about 9th. The rooms are fair for a 3 star as long as you have a room at the back of the hotel because at the front you'll have the road noise and the emergency services going all day and night. The tea making facilities in the rooms were never supplied with any milk.
The food in the Dome restaurant is very upmarket with superb tastes and choice.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2016

I am extremely happy with all my experience with this hotel. I loved the treatment of the staff (very friendly, helpful and service minded). I truly enjoyed all the facilities, specially the swimming pool and the jacuzzi. The room was brand new, with very comfortable beds and the cleaning was excellent! The restaurant offered great variety of dishes with very good quality and beautiful presentations. My only thing to improve, would be the hours of the room service and the restaurant (It should give service at least until 00h00, because in my case, I arrived at 22h at the hotel, and could not enjoy the first night a nice dinner as it was closing... I would also suggest to put a shuttle bus to and from the airport...

Room Tip: best rooms for quiet/rest: top floor (Story 7) If you are smoker, go to floor 5, where they have terraces each bedroom.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business