“PaCri non non”

PaCri Restaurant
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is where Pascal Ramette and his Team will share with you their love and passion for traditionnal Italian cuisine. A great sélection of fresh products are flown in on a daily base. Our chefs take great pride in meticulously preparing the finest dishes that will take you to a gastronomical journey through the heart of Italy. Come enjoy a large selection of fine Carpaccios and salads.From their Char Grill comes out the best variety of Daily caught fish and prime quality Meats.Patrick Eric and Pascal are proud to introduce you to a large selection of Italian and French wines.This candle lit restaurant is by far the most romantic restaurant on the island.Its white linen table clothes and beautiful orchids will lighten your senses.see you soon....Pascal
Reviewed 9 May 2013

28e for 2 sorbets? I am thinking this was in error, but shame on us. This restaurant has been on our to do list for years.
The food was only good, service on only good. And a pretty as Flamands Beach is, I would prefer not to eat
looking at a disheveled breakfast area. Truffle ravioli was ok, but my husband almost choked on the eggplant skin of the eggplant Parmesan.
Moving on. Plenty of other places on the island...

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We've eaten at Pac Cri several times over several years going back to it's former location in Saline.Unfortunately we noted a drop-off in meal quality this visit over last year.

Their signature dish for years and now is the truffle ravioli which was served somewhat over cooked. We were also disappointed with their limited desert choices for a high end restaurant, either creme brulee or panacotta, that was it !

The dining ambience beachside in the Taiwana hotel of the restaurant is spectacular.The high point of the meal was the innovative cocktails from the bar.

Hopefully the food can return to match the tres chic ambience. At their prices there is not a lot of margin for error with customers.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We decided to try PaCri at Taiwana Hotel. The food was average, but it was one of the highest bill we paid for dinner all week. My lobster pasta was the worst I had on the island. It had absolutely no flavour. The service was lousy as well, we were seated next to a table with a screaming eighteen month baby when we walked in..... in a completely empty restaurant! When I pointed out to the manager that we were not happy sitting next to a crying baby when we could have been seated pretty much anywhere else in the restaurant (we were the only two tables there) he looked surprised and did not even apologise. Needless to say we will not be coming back. For a good Italian, I will recommend L'Isola in Gustavia. Expensive too, but you will be paying for amazing food and good service.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Always used to love eating at Pa Cri on our annual trip to St Barth, but was disappointed with the food this year. My tuna - which I order rare - was overdone and void of taste. None of the rest of our party felt their meal was up to previous year's standards either.

1  Thank BizLuxTrvlr
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Ok. We just returned from PaCri. Beware. Only order the pasta. There were five of us last night. One had tuna and ordered it rare. It was well done. I ordered mahi mahi and it was very dry. Two others both ordered Filet and they didn't get either one right. Our fifth friend ordered two appetizers, and they were ok. For appetizers, several of us ordered eggplant parm. It was delicious, but could have used a bit more red sauce (it was dry). Two others ordered burrata. One person liked it. l The felt cheated on what they served it with.

All I know is that in all prior years, I have only ordered pasta and have always loved it. We are very skeptical as to whether we return next year.

Making matters worse, I have woken up the next morning covered with hives. The only thing that gives me hives is swordfish, and, thinking back on what was allegedly mahi mahi, I was duped. The "mahi" was very thick and meaty (along with dry and tough). The type of mahi I am used to is more buttery soft and flaky. So now I have a day on St Barts taking Benadryl! I have always loved PaCri. We have been coming here 15 years and PaCrimhas always been on our list. Not anymore.

1  Thank ChuckNYCUWS