We recently got married at the Windjammer-Landing resort and had an amazing time. I was a little nervous to bring all of our guests there because I read a few reviews saying the villas were run down and there were a lot of bugs. The villas may be a little beach worn, but definitely not run down. Mosquitoes are an issue, but I’d imagine that’s an inconvenience at any coastal resort and bites are easily prevented with bug spray and sleeping under the mosquito net. Overall, everything was beyond our expectations.
All Windjammer staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Even though it is a large resort, they make an effort to remember each guest, giving it a much more personal feel. When we arrived, we were assigned a personal Ambassador, Donizet. She organized our accommodations and was there to help with unexpected stressors. She even assisted my father, who has trouble walking, with the shuttle service. Donizet, as well as the other staff, were extremely helpful in reducing my stress associated with wedding planning and organizing a large group of people. I am very thankful to them all.
The villas/ guestrooms were comfortable, well-maintained and very clean. The resort is nestled on a mountainside, descending all the way to the beach. The white stucco villas are interspersed throughout natural vegetation, which provides the most breathtaking views. It really makes you feel like you are staying in the middle of a rainforest. Although we didn’t stay at any other resort on the island, we saw many while boating along the coast and Windjammer is by far the prettiest in the Northern part of the island. Another great thing about the resort is that guests can rent sailboats, kayaks and banana boats for free.
We couldn’t have asked for better wedding coordinators. I mainly worked with Simone, who has become a very close friend through this process. However, Melanie definitely helped with the planning and both made sure that everything was executed flawlessly. The décor for both the ceremony and reception were stunning. The food was incredible. Thank you Gloria! We hired a steel drum band for our ceremony and cocktail hour. All of our guests loved them and they definitely set a Caribbean Island vibe. One of the most memorable aspects of our reception was the Limbo dancers. Their performance was awesome and really got the party vibe going. In addition to our ceremony and reception, Simone and Melanie coordinated a rehearsal sunset cruise for us the day before. The boat staff really stepped it up and got everyone dancing, ensuring that all had an amazing time. Simone also worked with the Jammers tour company to help me plan a private tour of Soufriere and the west coast the day after the wedding, which was another trip highlight.
The entire experience was amazing. We were extremely impressed with the resort and can’t wait to plan a trip back to visit.
Bring bug spray! Also, the resort is located in a fairly remote area, with nothing within walking distance. The closest shopping areas are in Rodney Bay (10-15 min drive) and Castries (20 min drive). Shuttles are available for hire, but we found it very convenient to rent a car. Lastly, the resort is extremely large, which makes it a little difficult to keep track of other guests. Since we had such a big party (about 30 people), it was really helpful to bring walkie-talkies to keep in contact with everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries