Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Hotels.com
Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$255
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$53
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$181
bedfinder
No availability for your dates from our partners
Sandals Regency La Toc(Castries)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,840 results
All reviewspapa donsupper deckplunge poolkids cluball inclusive planhibiscus suiterodney bayjammers bartime sharebanana boatdragonfly restaurantdragon flywater sportsall inclusive optionshuttle servicesea urchinsst lucia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I got married on 09.11.11! We spent the first two nights of our honeymoon at Villa 501. It was a wonderful experience. A peaceful, quiet, romantic setting. Villa 501 was a beautiful two bedroom villa way up in the hills with a nice fully equipped kitchen, living area and a spacious patio with an extensive view of the ocean and private pool. I especially appreciated the very comfortable mattresses and pillows as well as the comfy bathroom. Since we so far away from the resort main area, we had more than enough privacy. There was 24hour shuttle service to and from anywhere we wished to go on property. The hotel itself was well-maintained and inviting. The daily breakfast buffet at the Dragonfly was delightful. My husband especially, liked it. The staff were very courteous and attentive. The team member who was the friendliest to us was Elisha at the Jammer's Bar, the concierge agent who checked us in was also very pleasant. We did not get to explore the property much as we were so tired from all the wedding drama. We hope to return for our anniversary sometime. As a hospitality industry professional, I highly recommend this Hotel to Honeymooners.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PepperPot1623
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I love Windjammer and also swap my timeshare to go. I talk about it all the time and tell people about how wonderful the service is and how enchanting the villas/apartments are.
I am the wife of the previous entry. I will not repeat what he says although I fully endorse no-one should have been put in room 207 and i can furnish anyone with photos if they want.
I believe the good staff did everything they could, and we did recieve flowers and fruit as an apology, which I would like to thank people for especially Lydia,who is on the desk and Jennifer the lovely cleaner in room 64. We were also given a complimentary meal at the Upper Deck. Nassa the person trying to sell us timeshare was kind supportive and thoughtful and I am sorry that he lost what would have been a 21k sale GB.
There were a lot of broken promises and when you dream and look forward it is so sad as you never get it back.
There are a number of shabbyapartments and although I also believed this was not possible at Windjammer I would say if you are going check if it has been updated.
The caribean really does need to get its act together re service. If you go east the service is amazing and I have felt for a long time if they want tourists to return they need to understand we want good service. This is why I stopped going to Barbados because of the off hand dismissive attitude as though you are the problem.
The shuttle buses are a nightmare and frankly I do not understand why i had to always go via the 400/500's. One day we rang at 8.50am the bus came at 9am I eventually got to the beach at 9.30 and felt car sick because we dropped people off and then went round picking other people up.
Windjammer had amazing service, so where has it gone and why? i will not be back and this makes me very sad. I believe the management have cut costs and they are starting to pay for it.

Room Tip: If you have small children go to the Hibiscus as getting on and off the bus is difficult with a pushchair.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

I'm so disappointed that you're stay was so bad. After reading the comments you posted and those posted earlier by your husband, I can certainly understand why you feel the way you do. We clearly had some breakdowns during your visit that are unacceptable and we are addressing all of the points you raised. Your experience does not reflect the standards we set for ourselves nor what people can find in many Caribbean resorts.

We are working in Villa 207. While many of our villas are in great shape, a few, like 207, are not to our standard and we should not have placed in you in there before we fixed it. Overall, we are we will be renovating all of our units starting next summer.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2011

This is our first experience booking an RCI resort through our timeshare and the villa is very nice. The resort itself is in need of a face lift, but the staff is friendly and our room was very nice with a private pool and a great view. The food on premise if hit or miss, so I would suggest not doing the all inclusive and explore some of the local restaurants we found some really good ones!

Room Tip: Choose a room with an ocean view with A/C and a private pool
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you had a good stay overall.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Sadly I have to agree with KiminUK that Windjammer is in serious decline, having visited 3 times over the past few years. We have timeshare elsewhere and have exchanged to Windjammer because we enjoyed it so much previously and this time were prepared to invest in timeshare within Windjammer. Knowing this we would have expected to receive excellent service but this did not happen and so many things were not right that I may not be able to remember all of them in this review.
Firstly we arrived early on the Sunday as we took the helicopter transfer and although we knew check in was 3pm did hope, as the resort was nowhere near full, that we would get in to our room a bit early but ended up having to wait well past check in time despite chasing this up every so often and feeling a bit ignored by staff - not a good start.
The first night we booked a table at Papa Don's as we knew the food would be good and being jet-lagged did not want to stay up too late. Unfortunately the service was not as expected and we had quite a wait for our main course. My vegetarian mousakka appeared on the heated counter and sat there for a good 20 minutes while we waited for my wife's pizza (why can't they time these together?) so when it came to me it was lukewarm so I immediately sent it back and had a further wait for a hot mousakka to arrive.
Everything after that was Ok, apart from the decking area beside the jacuzzi being a bit old and some of the wood rotten, and with every possibility of disappearing to the balcony below, and the roof trellis being covered in black mould, which is both unsightly and dangerous to health, until Thursday night when we got a table at Embers for dinner. First off I ordered a drink and although this appeared on the bar the waitress forgot to deliver it until reminded (our waitress wandered round aimlessly after taking our order chewing gum and if it wasn't so sad it would be funny). Our starters arrvied fairly quickly then we awaited the main course. After over an hour we were still waiting but my wife's fish appeared on the heated counter while we waited for my seafood fettucine (again why can't they time dishes to be served at the same time?) and sat there again for a full 20 minutes. When the waitress brought the food my wife said she couldn't accept it so the waitress tutted. made a face then just walked away. We therefore stood up and walked away complaining to the manager as we left. That night there were many other complaints as we spoke to other diners on the way out and there had been a queue outside for over an hour while finished tables had not been cleared. (Remember the aimless wanderings of the gum chewing waitress, who, when we spoke to her stated "I'm only helping out tonight" - but helping implies actually doing something.)
Come Sunday, being a timeshare exchange which operates on a weekly basis, we had to move rooms and although we knew this, and bearing in mind we were still thinking of investing in timeshare there, we could not just move from one room to another but had to follow check out and check in procedure, so were expected to leave our room at 11am and check in to a new one at 3pm. Sadly this did not happen and although we stayed away until about 4pm our room was still not ready at that time, despite check in being 3pm. I think the excuse was that cleaners were busy preparing rooms for new arrivals but in effect we were new arrivals but this does not seem to be understood. When we got to our room, 207, we knew immediately that we could not stay due to the dirt, broken lights, ancient furniture, broken window blind, and bathroom lights hanging out of their sockets so insisted on being moved or we would have to leave the resort.
They were still trying to sell us timeshare so had another chance to show that the mishaps previousy encountered were blips and everything would be fine from now on.
We have been assured by so many different people that we would be looked after and we would notice an improvement so were shown another room, not yet empty and when we said it was good, were told we could move out of 207 at 11am and be in the new room within the hour.
We packed our bags and went out for the day and when we returned at about 4pm were told the new room still wasn't ready. Can you imagine just how angry I was at that point? Multiply that by 50 and you will be getting close. Seems the occupiers did not follow the 11am check out rule and nobody bothered to chase them up so in the end we did not get in until about 6pm.
There were so many chances during our time there for staff to make amends and prove that they could look after us the way we hoped and expected but every time they messed up so the decision was easy for us not to invest. Sadly it also convinced us that we will not return to Windjammer again.
The shuttle bus system also proved to be a real nuisance this time as one of the roads was being repaired for most of our time there so no matter whether we were first in the queue or last, the shuttle went first to the top villas and we always seemed to be last so some days we were in the bus for over 20 minutes and went round and round dropping off and picking up others, so the system needs a radical overhaul. The 15 minute wait time also became stretched a few times and is just not acceptable.
New resorts now beckon.

Room Tip: Avoid room 207 at all costs
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stluciafan62

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry for the issues you encountered and I wrote an apology in response to your wife's note.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2011

We have just returned from a 7 night all inclusive stay at the Windjammer landing and I must say that we are totally chilled out. This was our fourth visit to St Lucia and our first to the Windjammer and I can happily say that it was the best to date. We had a premium ocean view suite on three levels with a twin bedded bedroom, ensuite shower & toilet on the ground floor, four poster double bedroom with ensuite shower & toilet and lounge area on the first floor and a roof terrace with sunbeds. The accommodation was excellent and exceeded our expectations. The food at the resort was very good with lots of choice on where and what to eat. The service could sometimes be slow (this is the caribbean after all) but the staff were very friendly and added to the overall positive experience. We were a little concerned however, because our 17 year old has a wheat intolerance. We needn't have worried. Our first meal was at Papa Dons restaurant (Mediterranean food) and the chef fixed up a tasty wheat/gluten free pasta dish for our daughter. We were impressed with this and it continued over the following week with the head chef Bill Munn & his team, conjuring up pancakes, bread, banana cake and chocolate muffins which our daughter could eat whenever she wanted. This was a fantastic touch and really added a "delight" factor to our holiday, so thank you Bill and your staff. Drinks were the best we've had & all the facilities on offer were also great. Even the resort manager, John Maycock, impressed us with his willingness to help load/unload baggage and put up sun shades etc. Nice touch and it's these little things that really made a difference for us. Overall, very good value and experience and you can book an all inclusive holiday at the Windjammer with confidence.

Room Tip: Best positioned rooms/suites for sea views and proximity to pools, beach, bars & restaurants are the Hibiscus.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family