Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$62
US$275
Poinsettia Villa Apartments(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$124
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)
US$235
US$185
Hotels.com
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$53
US$110
US$52
Serenite Vigie Saint Lucia Limited(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$51
2,896 results
All reviewspapa donsupper deckplunge poolkids cluball inclusive plantime sharerodney bayhibiscus suitejammers barbanana boatdragonfly restaurantdragon flywater sportsall inclusive optionsteep hillsidest luciaday sail
Reviewed 20 February 2012

As I usually am apt to do, before booking a hotel, I read as many reviews as I can, to get an overall flavor of the hotel property and surrounding environs. For this specific property, I initially discovered that there seemed to be a proliferation of negative comments about the hotel staff.

Before I say anything else about this wonderful little Caribbean island, I would like to make one specific observation -- in my 30+ years of travel to every Caribbean island that exists, I have never encountered a more friendly, efficient, and accommodating hotel staff. Period.

Every need we had was met. Every request was fulfilled in a timely manner. Attention was paid to every detail. Here, I would specifically like to commend Mr. Lloyd Evelyn for his professional demeanor, not to mention acumen, in dealing with a mirade of public relations situations.

One word of advice for travelers "new" to the Caribbean experience, YOU are in the tropics, YOU are in a place on earth where time is NOT of the significance it is "back home". So learn to mellow out, enjoy the slower pace of life and leave your uptight, perfectionist seeking persona at home.

Best restaurants:
Jammin': (at Windjammers Landing) have the fresh fish plate - so fresh it's flopping on your plate!
Calabash Cove Resort and Spa: have the coconut-breaded fresh grouper with plantain -- divine!
Cap Maison: best for lunch -- beautiful setting to boot!

Sites to see:
Take the Red Catamaran Cruise that includes a trip to the rainforest for a tour and lunch, a trip through the drive through volcano AND finally, snorkeling. A really good deal!
Latille Water Falls: Be sure to ask for John who will give you the most wonderful guided tour of this property. Also ask for a cup of his incredible St. Lucian coffee! http://www.rainforestadventure.com/st_lucia_tours_excursions/other_tourist_attractions/latille_waterfall_and_gardens/

11  Thank Deborah H
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for very positive comments about our staff! I do think we have a terrific team and most of our repeat guests say the friendliness of our staff is the number one reason they return. Thank you, too, for the comments about Lloyd - I'll pass them along to him. I hope you'll be back!

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The view and the charming architecture are Windjammers appeal. We went on a " getaway" with interval International and were placed in their least desirable villas in terms of view and villa condition. The section was their "hotel" inventory and not the updated times share units. They did change our villa and we had a fantastic view although everything in the villa was dated, kitchen was adequately supplied. The common areas, especially around the main pool and beach area needs to be refurbished. The landscaping is beautiful and the employees were terrific...friendly and accomodating except for one "bad apple" whose name is Trisha in Jammers restaurant....big attitude, quite unpleasant.. Our appetizers were forgotten about and the meal arrived one hour after being seated! Papa Dons was our favorite restaurant on the property.

Room Tip: Same as everyone else's comments
5  Thank mtnestr

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry you had mixed feelings but I am happy you were happy with the service. I've noted your comments about your original unit and I'll follow-up with your comments about Trisha.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2012

A great place but management should stop the disgusting raw egg throwing contests which take place on the beach in front of the sunbeds. I have had eggs which have landed on my expensive camera equipment whilst lying down and attempting to enjoy the sun. It adds unnecessary stress, is unhygienic and increases the risk of salmonella with raw eggs splattered over the beach.

4  Thank KeenTraveller12371
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The week of January 14,2012, our family had the incredible opportunity and immense pleasure of being guests at Windjammer Beach Resort, British West Indies. It was a wonderful occasion of my daughter, Sims Graham & her fiance Jamie Holt's wedding. Our wedding planner, Melanie Reynold and Simone Deauville were absolutely awsome! They attended to every detail with much cheerfulness and accomodation. Due to their proficiency and the insanely beautiful venue, it made for everything that our children had dreamed of. I was also like to compliment our photographer, Peter, to to ultimate degree. He was amazing! his efforts were beyond expectations and the results were over the top. We were impressed with him from our initial contact and it just got better. He worked so hard to capture every moment and detail that we will forever cherish. Thank you Peter for a phenomenal job! You're a very talented gentleman. Also, a special thank you to Elijah Greenidge for a warm and sincere delivery of the scriptures, instructions and vows. You were a most vital component of their special day and we appreciated your holy presence and blessings. Many blessings to you as well. I would be remiss if I failed to mention that everyone that we had interaction with, treated us like royalty. What a glorious experience for a week! To anyone who reads this, it would be a prudent and satisfying decision to consider the Windjammer Landing for any luxury vacation or special celebration.

Respectfully submitted Sonne Graham

Room Tip: The Villas
Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sonne753
WJLMD, Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We were so happy that we could share this happy occasion with all of you. I appreciate the nice comments about Melanie and Simone - they are the best! I'll pass your kind notes on to them and Peter.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Not quite sure where to start except to say I have traveled ALOT and I have stayed in a variety of different resorts and I absolutely LOVED the Windjammer. The staff was wonderful, the accommodations were like a home away from home, and the activites were endless!!!
Now let me explain each more specifically;
Staff: Lindon contacted us via email before our arrival to ask if we needed anything special like transporation from the airport. We aske him for a great villa and transporation and both were perfect. Upon arrival he checked to make sure we liked our villa and transporation......They were both wonderful! The water sport staff were awesome and fun and always accommodating. The restaraunt staff were also professional and the food was great.
The Villas are so comfortable and the views are OUTSTANDING!!! Now I must preface by saying that we are not talking about comparing them to the Ritz because they are not. I am saying that they felt more like staying in my own beautiful vacation home. Not over the top, not blush and polished, but warm, inviting, comfortable and spacious. With 5 defferent decks that all looked out onto an amazing tropical landscape. The ritz is great but this was better! I instantly felt comfortable. We shared a 2 bedroom with my sister and her husband. The lay out was perfect. My husband said he wished he could take the villa with us becasue it was so great.
The activities goodness where do I begin......We took full advantage of the water sports. If you get an all exclusive package or you are a timeshare owner you get unlimited water sports for free. We went waterskiing whenever we wanted, we took out small catamorans anytime we wanted, we kayaked whenever we wanted, they offered a boat ride excursion twice a day to snorkel for an hour. Just show up 15 minutes before they leave, they will give you equipment and then they take you to a great little reef for an hour. We did that several times. Every afternoon they did bannan boating or tubing......ALL for Free with those two options. They also have a water trampoline, dive dock, and a flowting mountain to climb and slide off. They also had fun beach games daily like egg toss for champagne, or ping pong tournaments, swim contest......that was fun way to meet people. They also had tennis courts and had free classes with the tennis instructor. Every night they had bands or parties, down by the ocean bar Jammin........
I have nothing bad to say.....literally nothing! Yes the villas were on a steep mountain but they sand the shuttle right up when you call. We never waited more then 5 minutes....ever!
We stayed in villa 27ab.......it had its own plunge pool. we never used it but it created a beautiful little visual extra.
WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!!! And I cant wait! :-)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beachgroupie

What a wonderful review! Thank you! I appreciate all of the detailed comments and especially thank you for the nice words about Lindon. I'm glad you all had such a great time and we look forward to your return!