Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$53
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Poinsettia Villa Apartments(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$116
Orbitz.com
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$59
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)
US$235
US$187
bedfinder
Serenite Vigie Saint Lucia Limited(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$51
2,896 results
All reviewspapa donsupper deckplunge poolkids cluball inclusive plantime sharerodney bayhibiscus suitejammers barbanana boatdragonfly restaurantdragon flywater sportsall inclusive optionsteep hillsidest luciaday sail
Reviewed 18 January 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Windjammer Landing for our honeymoon this past December. We found it to be a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The food was very good, as was the staff. The 1st week of our visit was part of their low season, so it was VERY quiet - not many tours going out, but they were able to arrange a few things for us. Things definitely picked up our 2nd week. We had a lovely time both at the resort and on the island in general.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BostonMATraveler
Reviewed 17 January 2007

This is not a 5 star resort no matter what the staff and the time share owners and reps tell you. If you are expecting clear blue seas and white sands with deluxe rooms/villas and tip top service do not come here.

We travelled with our two sons 4 & 10 and arrived on 02 January.

First the good bits: the boys loved the sheltered bay and the fact that they could use the sports for free. The two bed villa with plunge pool was again good for the plunge pool. The villa was spacious and well laid out for our needs. Also secluded

The Jammers and Papa Dons resteraunt were pretty well top and you cannot knock the breakfast buffet

If you can do it book the helicopter ride back to the airport - money well spent.

Fellow holiday makers - some really nice people - thank you.

Bad

Villa - tired, bathroom and kitchen very old very poor and tatty. The bathroom shower just about gave you a trickle of water and looked as if nothing had been done in this villa since it was built. The taps and sink tops were corroded and manky. The pool was not serviced every day (propbably twice in ten days). Room service afer the first two days was "hit and miss"

Shuttles: Absolute pain. On at least seven occassions we waited 25 minutes (wife late for spa treatment because of this ), on three occassions it did not turn up, and many time we sometimes telephoned two or three times. Take care if you do try and walk that you do not end up slipping especially after rain and dogdging the shuttles

Embers - couple of nice touches here - first one they cleared the sewage pipe, or other toilet waste ,over two days at lunch time - smell not good and the guy with a plastic carrier back on his hands do not think it was too protective. secondly asked for the hot dog without mustard or ketchup - it came with mustard so asked for it to be changed it came back quickly but they had oblivously only changed the bun and wiped the sausage as when one of our sons bit into it the mustard was still in the sausage grooves. Complained and we were told "oh we will take it off the bill" when we said twe were all inclusive sholders were shrugged and the bill presented with the madatory 10% tip. Do not look too closely at the cleanleness of the kitchens in here may put you off your food.

serivice - second rate. some may say island time we think mostly uninterested , unorganised and lack of commitment - unless you get a senior staff member or are lucky the service is not good and even poor. The bills allocate a 10% automatic service charge. The first thing when you sign is the server looks to see if any cash or signed tip is given - if not, book snapped shut and moody surley service worse (is this possible) than before.

Upper deck and reservations. - It was my wifes 40th whilst we where there I asked the reservation desk if we could have a nice table at the upper deck - ok will do -can I organise a cake - "no" can I get some champagne - "no you can only ask when you get there" - if you want anything go to the ambassadors you may have a chance. When we got to the upper deck (at6.30 because of the boys) we were put in an additional table in the path to the loos and the kitchen. I asked to move and was told no you cannot as the other tables are needed for a large group "very soon". The waitress then said that it was actually not a large group but "for someone else" we left at 8 and the tables were still not sat at. Asked for the wine list and it was dropped on the table and as I picked it up was asked "what do you want from this" was given twenty seconds.

ambassadors - ask them as they will not come to you. Ours was all over us when we checked in (very long) and we never saw her again for the holiday

trips - booked horse riding , they did not turn up. Asked four times and they eventually came for us hour and half late. Seems a problem of communication in the hotel not advising the stables. safari rainforest trip they never had our names down and after much hoo har got it sorted

You know - just as I am writting this I am losing the will. I could go on and on about how many problems there were but will tell of the fact that we got out of our villa at 11am as requested and used the hospitality villa - well what a difference clean tidy newly refurbished bathrooms, sun deck , good closing windows, better furniture and beds - just seemed to rub it in really.

FIve star no - good three push a four yes but we are basing this on amercia and london and europe five star.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
8  Thank Mickey&Helen
Reviewed 15 January 2007

We stayed at the Windjammer from Dec 26th - Jan 5th. We travel the caribbean every year at this time for our family vacation. (2 adults and 3 teens) This year was such a diappointment. The island is very beautiful and we were very excited about the resort. Unfortunately, we had one problem after another with our villa. Our air conditioning did not work for the first 5 days. When they finally did fix the air, we had no water. We had to be shuttled to another villa to shower, etc. The water was fixed the next evening, but then we had no air again. They fixed the air one more time, but this left us with no hot water?? When they came to fix the hot water, we were once again left with no water......by this time we were packing to leave the next day! Food service was slow- (over 2 hours for several meals). We were on the all-inclusive but were charged an extra fee for the New Year's meal ($30.00 per person)! We found many staff members to be unfriendly, but maybe that's because we had to call to have things fixed all the time....5 star resort????
We love the island, but will not return to this resort!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
15  Thank MarylandTeacher
Reviewed 15 January 2007

In light of the recent negative reviews I thought I'd add my 2 cents. We stayed at the Windjammer last winter at the suggestion of my parents who had travelled there frequently. Despite the construction (rebuilding after Hurricane Juan) this was one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever been on.

We stayed in a 2 room villa which was lovely. It is damp, but the open-air living room is worth putting up with the dampness!

As we were with a toddler, we didn't get a chance to take full advantage of the restaurants, but Papa Don's would deliver to our villa which was a treat. The breakfast admittedly wasn't the best - limited selection and the WORST coffee on the planet. My parents frequented DragonFly and raved about it.

The staff was great! Even the busy wait staff at the beach-front restaurant would remember us and more importantly remember what strange juice concoction my daughter would want!

We travelled with a 21 month old and found the entire island easy to navigate and enjoy with her. We rented a car to do some exploring on our own and had a great time.

We booked daytrips outside the Windjammer as there was a far greater selection and they were generally less expensive. I would highly recommed the Rhythm of Rum tour.

All in all, a great trip and one I'd love to make again!

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank leet
Reviewed 11 January 2007

I am amazed at the negative revues. My husband and I have been visiting St. Lucia for the past 11 years. Six years ago we bought weeks at Windjammer because we love it there so much. The staff are fantastic with children, my 7 year old daughter loves to go to the kids club. We have always enjoyed the beach and find it well maintained. Rooms have always been cleaned and very good response time when we needed something. Yes, the resort is on a hill, our villa is at the TOP. The shuttle has never been a problem. It is quiet up there, the views are fantastic and we love the shuttle drivers. They are fantastic and it is not really a big deal. Many elderly folks vacation there every year as well as children. We are pretty picky (especially my husband). We have stayed at VERY expensive hotels in the states as well as other resorts on St. Lucia. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled with family