We travelled over New Year's with family, including our 2 year old. We chose the all-inclusive and stayed in a 3 bedroom villa.
The villa was great ... bedrooms are air-conditioned and we really enjoyed to open-air nature of the main living areas. We had a few birds visit, but NO bugs or other wildlife. The view from the patio was spectacular and we weren't even that high up on the hill. Lovely patio with room for 7 to eat and relax ... used the refreshing plunge pool several times a day.
The walk is steep, as advertised; however, we stayed in a mid-level villa and never used the shuttle. We all enjoyed the walk ... including our daughter and her grandparents. We were on vacation and, therefore, never were in a real hurry.
We ate at all the restaurants and really, really enjoyed the food and the variety. While the service was "relaxed" at times, we were never left waiting and got quicker service when requested. Personally, I liked not being rushed through my meals. Food highlights included: New Year's dinner (worth the extra charge), Sunday brunch on the beach and the presentation,especially at the Dragonfly, was always five-star. Breakfast buffet was great.
Service at the resort was exemplary ... whether it was catering to our daughter's wishes or simply making us feel like family, the staff all seemed eager to please without being pushy. All requests were met quickly and with a smile. We also used the nanny service nightly to enjoy dinner without children. Our nanny, the same one each night for the week, was great and the nighttime charges for this service were basically what I pay at home and far less than other resorts we've been to.
It was our first time to the island and resort and we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries