Rendezvous Resort
Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$73
Hotels.com
Poinsettia Villa Apartments(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$136
Orbitz.com
US$55
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$53
Apartment Espoir(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$69
Serenite Vigie Saint Lucia Limited(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$64
La Porsuette Inn(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$420
US$185
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
US$275
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$187
bedfinder
2,721 results
All reviewslazy rivertrysting placechampagne barterrace restaurantverandah suitespa poolmalabar beacha la carte restaurantle sportmalabar restaurantbody holidaymain terracest luciaour honeymoonlocal airportmarine parkactivities team
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I should probably start this review by stating that I would describe myself as very picky traveller when it comes to hotels, especially when it comes to service, food and rooms. I will cover all aspects for our fellow potential travellers, I will be honest about everything.

Arrival: first thing apon arriving we were handed some delicious local punch, just what is needed with the heat! All bags were delivered direct to our room immediately and check-in was super fast. One of the very few criticisms we had was that the gentleman who checked us in was rather pompous, he certainly didn't provide the happy relaxed intro that we had received by the other staff on arrival.

Room: we opted for a verandah suite which was perfect (room 223) lovely interior with large shower and even larger four poster bed. Plus the best aircon I've ever experienced! No cold chills at night!
The balcony was the biggest winner as it felt very private (I definitely suggest the first floor suits for privacy)
There is a fridge for you to store your own drinks in (not that you need this as drinks are free and plentiful all around the resort!) there is a small shop where you can buy supplies; chocolates, soft drinks, toiletries, bikinis...it has everything you could need!

Food: when you think all inclusive you assume there will be a reduction on quality- but not here! Food was wonderful, the buffet constantly changed keeping the taste buds going. Breakfast was wonderful - eggs were the best I've ever had and were made anyway you wanted.
Lunch had every course for every appetite and taste. Dinner ditto'd the lunch. You even get afternoon tea! (be prepared to put some weight on!)

There is also a fine dining restaurant called the "trysting place", make sure you book your tables at check in as it fills up fast. Food is French and very rich, but a nice change to the buffet on most other nights.

Service: in one word- excellent! (bar the check in man as noted above) the staff are extremely friendly, and very well trained. Nothing is too much to ask! This was probably the biggest selling point for us.

Pools: one deeper pool where their is a swim up bar. Great fun.
The spa pool for a gentle float, plus a hot jacuzzi!
My favourite though was the river pool. This has many hiding places for couples to escape the main pools. Despite the previous reviews which stated that this was not as clean as it should have been, this was not the case when we arrived, so it looks like the hotel takes criticism well.

activities: there are plenty! We were there to escape the rat race so didn't join in, but if you want some distractions from your book and sunbathing then there is plenty on offer to choose from.

All in all we didn't want to leave! I highly recommend it to couples looking to escape it all. It may be well used but it is well kept, feels like a home from home! A big plus being that it has one of the nicest beaches in St Lucia.
If any traveller reading this review would like to know more, I'd be delighted to provide further info on request. Having stayed here once I can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: Veranda suit 223 - first floor has most privacy
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Venetiar
Reviewed 9 October 2011

It is for couples only,no screaming kids to contain with ! The Hotel is situated in beautiful gardens with superb pools including a lazy river with spots for those in love.
The beach is next to the Hotel bar/restaurant and was deserted during our stay. The bar area is decorated to a high standard but to be honest the food, location,staff,entertainment is of a high standard.
No queuing for drink or food and if you really couldn't be bothered to stand up the staff would bring drink to you ( and smile about it!! ). We met superb people at the resort ,there were a lot of English and a few of our American cousins, despite the bars being open till the late early hours everyone behaved impeccably.

A few special thanks :
Dino: you really must try to get your Physique a lttle more trimmed!!
Trish COLLINS: Spa Director- thanks for everything, you are a diamond xx
Yasmin: Hotel GM ,you are in charge of a special team, thanks from Neil and Marion

I can't rate this beautiful resort highly enough, we will be back to this Hotel or the newly revamped sister resort the The Body Holiday

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for a beach view room
11  Thank NeilHarvey1965
ResortManagementRDV, General Manager at Rendezvous Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear Neil & Marion

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are very pleased that you both enjoyed your time here. I know I speak for all of the staff when I say it was a pleasure hosting you both. I know that you grew quite close to many of them and in turn, we too see you as part of the Rendezvous family.

We look forward to having the pleasure of hosting you again. Do take care of each other until then.

Sincerely
Yhasmine

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Me and my now husband stayed here in september 2010 for our honeymoon, and the only thing i can fault is that every holiday from now on will seems rubbish compared to this one. If you are looking for a nice relaxing holiday with friendly staff, gorgeous food and amazing beach this is the place to come to!!!September is the end of their "rain season" and we only really seen 1 day of heavy rain and it rained all day, but it was still very hot, and we just swam in the sea anyway and it was actually nice to have a break from the sun. We stayed for 2 weeks, and had looked at the more expensive sandals hotels when we were booking it, and having seen them i am glad we stayed here. its not a huge hotel so it didnt ever feel overcrowded, always felt nice and quite. plenty of sunloungers etc. the hotel is right on the beach so you can literally walk out of the bar onto the sand. It is a public beach but the only time you ever get any one else on it is at the weekends, and it was only ever a group of kids swimming. and its the biggest and nicest beach on the island. the hotel is all inclusive and there are 2 restaurants. a buffet style restaurant where its split into 2 sections. there is an area at the top which is usually creol food, and cooked fresh for each person, and changes every night, and an area down the side of food prepared ready such as mash potatos casseroles etc, and again varies each night. a good choice and always very tasty. the have a beach party night on a thursday which was great. its not a tacky night that you would get in spain, the staff are all very talented. they have big candles leading down the beach, with a chef barbequeing the food, and they have a steel band playing. after dinner is finnished the staff walked on stilts doing fire eating, and limbo and fire dancing. they were brilliant. There is also an air-conditioned restaurant which is more of a fine dining experiance and VERY tasty, but you have to prebook, All of the staff were really friendly and remembered our names and remembered our drinks and went out of their way to help us. If you are sitting around the pools or lazy river, somebody walks around and takes drink orders and brings them to you, and if u are on the beach, you just stick a flag in the sand and over they come. the cocktails were delicious (especially the seabreazes yum yum) the scuba instructors were very good, and the introduction to scuba is included in your price. They have a sister hotel further north which is the body holiday, and you can also go and use their facilities for free. Went on our last night to the tao restaurant at that hotel which was soooo good. we had spent the whole day there, and they even let us use a room there to get showered and dressed for dinner after a day at the beach :) e spent most of our time though either on the beach at the hotel, or at the lazy river, which has nice comfy beds dotted about along it, and they are positioned so that you cant see the people in the next seating are so nice and secluded so you feel like you have it all to yourself. I would thoroughly recommend the private dinning. you pay for this meal but you can choose anywhere to have it. we chose the beach so they set up a table and candles for us by ourself on the beach, and laid out flowers and candles on the way down to it, and petals on the table. we had our own waiter and it was just perfect. another couple we spoke to chose to have theres in the "birdsnest" type area above the pool bar which would have been lovely, we never even thought of that haha. would also recommend the spa. we got a massage lesson and they are very good. the pool by the spa is also nicer than the other swim up bar. its been completely renovated and much newer. however they are probably going to be renovating the other pool aswell as they have clearly been spending alot doing up the place. I would recommend this to anyone going to st lucia, and having pulled up at several other hotels for day trips and gone passed the sandals hotels on jet skis it is definately the best on the island :)

Room Tip: We had the standard room, and it was really nice. so any of the upgrades must be gorgeous.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank wishful-jetsetter
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This resort is definitely greater than the sum of its parts, and we found it to truly represent great value. Our stay was one week in duration, enough to sample the resort.

Generally, here's what we thought:

* Scuba diving is included (although some destinations require a fee depending on distance or if it's a marine park). Discover Scuba, a PADI course that allows instructor-led diving, is also included! The staff was great in this regard.
* The all-inclusive includes the usual unpowered watersports, such as hobie cats and ocean kayaks, but also includes power watersports - water skiing, wakeboarding, tubing. Fun!
* The watersports staff were fantastic, and the lessons were very effective. I got up waterskiing and wakeboarding on my first try!
* The resort only had two restaurants, and the buffet was actually our favourite - far better than any other all-inclusive we've been to. Trysting Place was ok, but we actually canceled one of our reservations to eat at the buffet.
* The event staff and bar staff were very friendly, and made an attempt to get to know us. We were on a first-name basis with many staff by the time we departed. Many of the activities were a blast too! Pretty good for a small resort.
* The guests were also very friendly. We were nervous about going to a couples-only resort, but found it easy to talk to others, and we made friendships and actually created our own excursions with other couples.
* Overall, the grounds were beautiful, a mixture of gardens, the lazy river, the beach areas, plenty of loungers and chaises, etc.

Cons:
* Yes, this resort is right by Vigie regional airport, and at times prop planes took off right over the resort at meal times. It never once impacted our sleep or enjoyment of the resort, but if this might bother you, you'd probably want to stay elsewhere.
* The wait staff at the buffet were sometimes a bit grumpy, particularly with difficult drink orders, but they did make it happen (usually). Make the most of it, make them fetch you iced coffee or pina coladas instead of wine.

Summary

In short, we had a great time, met great people, and found that the resort had great value. We'd highly recommend this resort to friends and family.

Recommendations:
* Many of the canned excursions are over-priced. Make friends with one of the English folks there who's used to driving on the left, rent a car, and get out and see the island! St Lucians are very friendly folks, but beware the ones who approach you -they're looking for a handout.
* If you can, find yourself some very lightweight (eg. linen) trousers and a short-sleeve button-down. Trousers are "encouraged" for even the outside buffet dinner, and although I wore shorts most of the time, I wish I had had suitable pants.

Room Tip: We stayed in 341 - it's the top floor of the deluxe beachfront rooms, and closest to the main part of the resort. We'd HIGHLY recommend splurging for the beachfront rooms, the view is incredible, you're right next to the water.
8  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed 1 week in the middle of September. As the title suggests, I would call this resort "nice" - it didn't wow, but it didn't disappoint. In retrospect, if I had to choose again, I probably would have chosen a different property to stay at - there is a heavy focus on "romance" at this resort. It almost seemed forced, which wasn't romantic at all. We noted that most couples tended to keep to themselves, everyone was very polite and proper, and when combined with the nightly entertainment (I don't consider a steel drum band "entertainment"), we found it boring.

If you go....
- Bring earplugs. When I read about the tree frogs, I thought it would be like cricket noise. Nope, it's much, much louder. You can hear it in your room. Without fail, the frogs chirped from 6pm to 6am - you could almost set your watch by it.
- Bring a reusable mug. Their coffee cups were very small, so when we went for coffee in the morning to bring it back to our room, we had to take 2 cups and use the tray from our room. We weren't going to use the tea supply in our room as it looked like it had been there for years and it was a little gross.
- Request extra pillows. I found the bed hard and uncomfortable. Some people prefer this, but I came home very stiff and sore.
- Bring snacks with you if you are expecting to go out on early morning excursions. Our trip to the Grenadines left at 7:20 and breakfast, not even rolls, were served until 7:30. We were not happy having to go hungry on an all-inclusive vacation. The coffee station was also out of coffee that morning with no staff in sight - we were not impressed.
- When they do menu service at the Terrace Restaurant, it is the same menu that is offered the Trysting Place, so if you don't get reservations in Trysting Place, no worries, you will still get to experience the food (which was good at both the buffet and Trysting Place)
- Don't miss the beach BBQ (Thursdays) - they cook a mean BBQ!

Dinner is served at 7:30 every night. We usually like to eat around 6pm. I appreciate that they offer afternoon tea/snacks until 6:30pm, but this just wasn't for us. We wanted an actual meal. What ended up happening was that at 7:30 exactly, everyone came and sat down at the restaurant. If it was a buffet night, this was no problem, but if they were doing menu service, it was almost 8:15 until we got our main course. We didn't find it enjoyable to be tired, hungry, and hot (no fans and no breeze at the Terrace restaurant) after a full day in the sun. Combined with the evening dress code, many men were seen using their napkins as sweat towels. The only "snack" that was offered poolside in the afternoon was lukewarm hotdogs served at the pool bar. I much preferred the chips/salsa and poolside snack bar in Mexico.

Beverage
For the price we paid, I expected the liquor to be a little more top shelf. Similar resorts in Mexico and the Dominican have offered more top shelf selection and we didn't pay as much to stay at those resorts. Bacardi will be the best type of rum you will get. Absolute will be the best type of Vodka. There is no Crown Royal. The beer is Heinekin or Piton and according to my husband, the Piton beer was quite good. I guess I just expected more for what we paid for this resort. You need to ask for the "top shelf" brands at this resort or else they will use the cheap stuff, but this is consistent with many other all-inclusives we have stayed at.
The Trysting Place restaurant has a wine list with many selections available for an additional cost. Some are offered by the glass. I found the house wine (2 reds, 2 whites) and the house champagne to be not very good - I wouldn't drink it at home. They never offered the additional wine menu in the Terrace Restaurant (the main restaurant) - I would have gladly purchased wine by the glass each night.

Service.
We found the staff polite, they said please and thank you, and smiled, but that's about it. I don't know if it was just me, but unlike other guests, I was never offered latte or capuccino in the mornings. On two nights, my husband asked for an extra appetizer - not because he is a glutton, but because they were relatively small and it sounded interesting and he wanted to try it. The extra appetizer never came - no explanation, it just never arrived. Almost like they ignored the request. This has never been a problem at some of the other all-inclusives we have visited. The staff were polite and efficient, but didn't go out of their way.
At dinner service, bring your own drink from the bar with you. They will offer wine, but our requests for anything else (alcoholic drinks or regular pop) went ignored - they took the order, but the drink never showed up, so we were just faster to get up and get it ourselves.

Location
Previous reviewers have hit the mark with their description of the beach/cemetary/airport, etc. I would like to add that this resort is approx. 1hour drive from the international airport. The road is smooth and paved, but I didn't appreciate how mountainous this island was. After an hour of swaying back and forth in the back of a mini van for 1 hour, up and down many hills, I was ready to toss my cookies. If you can afford it, book the helicopter transfer.
The resort is also very close to the main town. It was not unusual to hear typical city noise (sirens, honking) throughout the day. Just FYI.

Overall
I really liked this country, I liked our tours, I liked how proud the people were of their developing country. The resort was just "nice". I compare this resort to other all-inclusives in similar developing countries, and I just thought that we got more for our money in the Dominican and Mexico, at a lower price, I might add. It was worth it to say that we have "been there, done that", but I wouldn't go back to this resort. If we go back to St. Lucia, we will take the helicopter transfer, and would probably stay at a Sandals-Type resort with a little more life to it.

Room Tip: The Verandah Suites were nice - I probably wouldn't upgrade above this category as I didn't feel it would be worth the money. The garden rooms are nice if you don't feel you would use the Verandah (approx. 12'x12' covered area).
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank canehdiangrl