“Beautiful house.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of La Toc Villa

La Toc Villa
Pool patio with steps leading to the main terrace Fabulous views of the Caribbean Sea
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
La Toc Villa
Pool patio with steps leading to the main terrace
Fabulous views of the Caribbean Sea
Large open-plan living area
Large open-plan living area
Light and airy central sitting area
Italian designed kitchen
Large living/patio area
Entrance area
Downstairs double bedroom
Downstairs twin bedroom
Downstairs bedrooms lead onto large terrace
Downstairs en-suites
Master bedroom
Master bedroom en-suite
Stunning sunsets
Master bedroom view
Infinity edge pool
Villa at dusk
Night mood lighting
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Connie M
Cleveland, Mississippi
“Beautiful house.”
Reviewed 7 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My husband and I recently spent ten lovely, fun-filled days at La Toc Villa. the location is quiet and beautiful, and it is a quick walk down to La Toc Beach. Everything about the house was perfect. The owner provided all the information we needed to plan our activities. Denise, the housekeeper, was a jewel, and Joan, the property manager, did everything she could to make our trip enjoyable. The best part of the house was the stunning pool. This was definitely a perfect rental!

Your age range 50-64
10 Aug 2017
Hello Connie

Thank you very much for the great review. I will pass on the review to Joan.

Ian.
drtintin
Montreal, Canada
“Absolutely Fabulous Villa !!”
Reviewed 31 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

I've rented many villas in the Caribbean but I think that this one is the best !
All about this rental is very professional and extremely well organized !
Ian, the owner, is always extremely available and there to answer all your questions and needs very quickly !
He has a manager , Joan, who will take care of every details such as directions (from the airport to the villa) how everything works in the villa and even will make a grocery for you so when you 'll arrive you'll have all the basic to manage your arrival ! (thanks a lot Joan, you were extremely kind).
And what about Flores, the housekeeper, who takes care of the house , amazing and thank you to you too ! The villa is extremely clean, like I've never seen in the carribean !
I have to say thank you also to the pool man who explained to me all the history about St-Lucia Island !
The villa is spacious, amazing , with an astonishing view over the carribean sea !
Every night It was a renewed pleasure to watch the sunset !
Ian had a booklet with all the things to do on the island such as all the best beaches to see (thank you Ian ) and all the the good restaurants to go.But I have to say that you'll prefer to stay at the villa at night and do barbecue because the villa is your own private resort !!
I would certainly recommend this villa to anyone who want to enjoy the fabulous island of St-Lucia !
You'll have your own resort all to yourself ! A lot better, bigger and private than all the all inclusive hotels !!
Merci beaucoup à toi Ian pour ton accueil à ta superbe villa !
Martin ...

2 Apr 2017
Martin

Many thanks for the positive review - I'll pass on your comments to Joan. Makes it all worth while to hear you enjoyed yourself.

dafitzger...
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“The best vacation home we've ever stayed in”
Reviewed 31 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Having booked homes in Ireland and Greece using trip advisor we expected that this home would be exactly as advertised. We were delighted to find the home was even better than expected. The house is bigger than I thought. We have 2 young teens and they each had their own very large rooms AND bathroom. The master bedroom is the entire upper floor and is completely private. If you have younger kids keep in mind you are fairly removed from them downstairs, but you can hear what is going on due to the design and materials of the interior.

Getting to the house via the directions provided was perfect, as no wrong turns were made even arriving after dark. Be warned that driving in St. Lucia is not for the faint at heart. There are many very steep up and down hairpin turns with locals passing you even when it doesn't appear to be the best moment. We purchased the extra insurance on the car which covers everything except tires and rims and we quickly found out why as there are unexpected potholes and rough roads everywhere on the island. If you are comfortable driving in the conditions described than having a car is a necessity, otherwise you’ll need a taxi if you want to leave the house.

Every morning we woke early to watch the cruise ships come in and it became the highlight of our day. At night we could see them sail out lights on, into the dark they would go. One evening from somewhere in the neighborhood or the port we could hear the theme of the love boat being played on a horn. It added an extra level of charm. Overall the place was extremely quiet. There was a party 1 night which went on until about 5AM, however, it was mostly bass music and not voices you heard which didn't bother us that much. Having woke several times in the night for various reasons I found it more comical than anything else that it was going on so long. The street in front of the house is quite. Bagshaw’s does get tour buses when they are open, but being Christmas they were closed most of the time we were there. Additionally they are only open from 8:30-3:30 so most of the time we were gone off on our adventures anyway.

I’ve never seen a house more organized than this one. All the light switches are labeled and the house manual is very complete. You will arrive to a detailed list of anything you asked Joan to buy, with receipts and a bill for your records. The house is fully equipped with everything you might need. We had brought our own beach towels, but there were plenty at the house. If you forget your sunscreen, there was a ton of it under the bathroom sink in the main entry way which I assume other guest have left over time. There is an outdoor shower for after your swim and a toilet room off next to the shower so you don’t have to go through the house wet. There is a BBQ which we used just about every night. It’s a weber charcoal grill which I found to be a nice replacement for our gas at home. The kitchen is equipped with everything you might need to make a meal and the refrigerator has filtered water and ice.

The security system was nice to have, however due to the storms it was not working for most of our stay. The storms knocked out the telephone line (LAN line can be used for local calls),WIFI and security communications. Due to the holiday there was a delay in having the issue at the street pole resolved. Apparently this is common, but not to worry Joan, the house manager, had it all under control and checked on us frequently. I would suggest you plan to have an international calling and data plan on your phone and if the WIFI works than it’s a bonus. When it did work it was slow, but it was slow everywhere on the island so I can’t fault the house setup for that. Even getting cellular communications on our phones was spotty at times.

The beach near the house is a bit rough. Due to the storms they were having prior to and while we were there the surf was very rough and it was not recommended to go in the water. We did find some area’s to swim in Marigot and Rodney Bay, but again you have to drive about 30 minutes to each of them. We did not visit Sandals even though you can buy a pass for the day due to the fact that we had kids and its an adults only resort. Going to the beach you can either drive over to sandals and park outside the resort or walk down through the gate at Bagshaw’s using the key to the gate at the house. Both options are easy.

Things I recommend you must do: Coal pot for dinner. Do remember to wear your bug spray as its open air and at night the bugs are out in full force. I forgot and regretted it later. Despite the bugs the food was outstanding and the view is great. In Rodney Bay we ate at the spice of India which is the best Indian food I’ve had outside of India and the UK (I’m from the US and not Indian which tells you how picky I am about my Indian food). A Day of sailing out of Margot Bay… Amazing day is all I can say. Zip lining in the rainforest, scary and fun at the same time. Segway tour in Rodney Bay. Very cool adventure that is easy to do and informative tour of the island. The kids only complaint was they do a top speed of 14 mph.

Everything from booking to our departure was so well organized and communicated we could not ask for anything more. This was the first home we had rented that had a maid coming in every day during the week vs, only upon our departure. This was a help to me since I was still cooking and cleaning up after the kids no differently than at home. I can’t thank Ian and Joan enough for renting us this beautiful home and being so attentive during our stay.

Your age range 35-49
25 Feb 2017
Thank you for the comprehensive review.

lozzieboz...
uk
“Incredable !!”
Reviewed 13 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

It was a pleasure to stay at La Toc Villa, first impressions were amazement at the size of the place and the spotless beautiful interior and the amazing views and the huge pool. The location was excellent for us and we drove round the whole island.
We also took a helicopter over the whole island which was unforgettable.
We found Marigot bay close by and is stunning. The level of service received was high and we really liked chatting to Flores at the Villa as she is local and does a fine job.
Feels like we lived the dream for a week in this stunning house on an amazing Island.
Nice touch with the rum Ian !!

15 Dec 2016
Hi Karen

Glad you enjoyed the Villa and the Rum.

Lisa C
Georgetown, Canada
“Wonderful Villa”
Reviewed 25 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We had a superb stay at La Toc Villa! This is a very spacious and comfortable house, not to mention stunning views, including sunsets. We particularly liked the floor to ceiling glass doors which opened completely along the full extent of the kitchen, dining and living room, allowing you to feel part of the outdoors, even when inside. And the grounds are also kept beautifully. We only stayed with a party of 3 so had more than enough room, but even with a large group, due to the spaciousness, there is always an area or deck for quiet reading or alone time.
Booking was extremely easy and Ian always responded promptly and was extremely obliging in providing information and answering any questions about both the villa and the island. He was always most accommodating, including when our flight was cancelled and we had to change our reservations.
Joan the manager greeted us upon arrival and our orientation and check-in process was smooth and easy. We had one minor hiccup with the wifi access, but that was rectified quickly and she was always available to answer any questions we had. She even provided me with a baking pan so I could make a special cake for my husband's birthday. Since some of my normal ingredients were not readily available, she provided me with a secret recipe of hers to put the final touches on the cake.
We rented a car as we wanted to explore many parts of the island. The villa is just outside of Castries and having a car made it a breeze to quickly run to the grocery store or market for supplies.
We would certainly recommend this villa!

Overall condition of the property Bathroom cleanliness
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
27 Sep 2016
Hi Lisa

THANK YOU for the positive comments. I will pass on your comments to Joan - she always goes that extra mile to help guests.

Ian
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$300
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing