“Art on a plate”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2016

We ate their today at lunch. Ordered a scallop and asparagus appetizer (chef said no asparagus today but he could do eggplant) it was divine. Three lovely scallops in beurre blanc with a delicious minced eggplant patty with a selection of other vegetable accompaniments. Also had the French Onion Soup gratineed. Delicious, no cheating in this one, seemed to made from painstakingly creating fond in the pan. Finally split a grouper entree. Sauce was delicious, accompanied by rice, seaweed salad and an assortment of at least 9 other vegetables that we can recall, all wonderful. Finally a shot of ginger rum, made by the same Chef. It was the best rum I have ever had and the only time I didn't ask my husband to finish mine. Food was fantastic, service very pleasant and a nice view of the Marina. Highly recommend! Lots of lunch specials at $12 Euros, we opted for regular menu. Would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I love this restaurant. We have been going since 2010. Franz is a great chef. I know the wait can be a little long, but the food is so good that it is worthy.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Ate here as the chosen restaurant for the dinner cruise excursion from our resort. They took our orders before boarding the cruise, we were thinking the food was going to be done by time we arrived. We waited a substantial amount of time. During the wait we observed them putting the sides in the microwave to heat them. Then upon arrival of our food, my boyfriend's steak was practically rare and bleeding. We sent it back and the new steak they gave him was just all fat. The sides were too cold to eat. however the ice cream was good. Wouldn't do the dinner cruise again because we wouldn't want to eat here again. Seemed very unorganized, it's like they wanted everyone on the boat to eat at the same time, so some people food was cold waiting for others to finish. The waiter just left the finished food on the counter until all was done so she could bring it all out together but that wasn't a good idea considering my sides were cold and i couldn't eat them. Was a nice smooth ride through the lagoon though to get there.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

One our first trip to St. Martin about six years ago, this restaurant was #1 at the marina in Marigot. It should still be #1: the food is absolutely delicious, the portions generous, the service warm and friendly, and the price extremely reasonable.

My husband and I both enjoyed an escargot appetizer. He had the mixed fish and I had the red snapper. Both were divine. My snapper was beautifully presented on the plate with an assortment of vegetables and rice.

Two appetizers, two main courses and 4 glasses of wine came to 68 Euro.

The restaurant is located on the fringe of the marina, away from all the other restaurants. If you park in the big parking lot on the road to Baie Nettle, and walk to the marina from there, La Petite Auberge des Isles will be the first restaurant on your left.

1  Thank VBSam
Reviewed 14 April 2016

We wandered in here for French pastries and beverages because we wanted to enjoy the view of the boat harbor and the lovely weather. The view is delightful, but the desserts were even better. It was not busy so the staff was very helpful and happy to have us just enjoying the day there.