“Excellent Ribeye ”

Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Nice ambiance with lagoon/marina views. Whenever I'm in the mood for a nice steak I go here and have never been disappointed. Always cooked to perfection, tender and mouth watering.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I had lamb chops and my husband had a wonderful fish of the day. Everything cooked impeccably and served by a friendly waiter. A great meal at a nice place.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We visit St. Maarten annually and have our choice of favorites restaurants. Now, we've added a new venue to our favorites. We shared the chateaubriand for two, and it was incredible. It was my husband's first taste (as he usually orders filet mignon) and he said it was the best meal he's ever tasted. It was served with béarnaise sauce (which I love and rarely if ever see) as well as a bordeaux sauce. We ordered the creamed spinach, which was seriously the best I've ever tasted. We found the owner to be friendly, but not in your face, and had a nice conversation with him after the meal, which we initiated. The ambiance is quiet and serene, outside service on the water with protection overhead, and there is also ample indoor seating (a large party was being served without intrusion to outdoor diners). We happened to speak to the chef and he was friendly and knowledgeable, sharing his secret to the creamed spinach (no nutmeg!). The entrée prices are within the range of other restaurants in the area, and no more than what we would expect to pay in the States. The vegetables are a la carte, however, our entrée was served with a delicious green salad(arugula I believe) with roasted shallot. Light yet flavorful. We are looking forward to return next year.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

we sat right on the water and took our time. no one ever rushed us at all. food was delicious and service was excellent. it was pricy but worth every cent. we will go back again.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Party of 6 for dinner. Started out as 4, but 2 more showed up and staff had no problem getting us set up with a table.
Outside dining is along the water. They also have inside dining.
4 had the filet of beef, 2 shared the chateau. All the beef was very good. These came with a roasted shallot and watercress. They also served baskets of warm bread with a herb butter.
My only complaint: no sides come with the entrees. All sides are extra at $5 each.