“The Caribbean Dream!”

Calmos Cafe
Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Laid back boho style restaurant and bar located right on Grand Case Beach. Dine with your toes in the sand just a few feet from the waves lapping against the shore. Spectacular views across to Anguilla as the sunsets what more could you ask for. Oh yes, great food, decent drinks at good prices and excellent service. Having lived on the island for 22 years I get stuck in my local Simpson Bay scene, but last night at Calmos reminded me again of the Caribbean dream and here is it. Not fancy fine dining but fun and relaxed. Our party of 6 enjoyed a variety of the specials of the day and no-one was disappointed, fresh food, delicious. The wine list is reasonable and cocktails divine. Of course the complimentary rum to finish the meal is always a nice touch! Quite a few reviews mentioned music and being packed, but we were here Friday night, didn't notice music and though it was busy it was not to the detriment of service. We did book. Hats off to Calmos, it's not easy to thrive on the French side!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Visited last year on my honeymoon and Calmos was a must upon our one year anniversary return to Grand Case. Once again, we sat seaside with feet in the water. Great service, great food and fun! I love this place and will go back time and time again. The atmosphere is one of the best I have ever been too! Was my husbands birthday and they brought out ice cream with a fire cracker. Yeah!

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Beautiful location in the heart of Grand Case. A cafe which offers a good vibe off a Caribbean life. Food was delicious and staff very friendly.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I have just returned from Grand case St Maarten and to be honest most of the restaurants their are "fine dining" or they try to be but can't pull it off as I ate in several.
So it was a joy to find this zany little beach bar restaurant which serves very good food, don't try getting a table after 8pm on a night when they do live music as this place is mobbed. All in all very well done very fast efficient staff.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Every time we visit st. Maarten we spend at least one day at Los Calmos. Their beach is beautiful. Food is very good! We each had their special salad which had lettuce, crab meat, avocado, tomato, shrimp and smoked salmon! Was delicious. They always have a fair exchange rate. They have comfy lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach. You can have drinks and food delivered right to you at the beach or sit in their covered area or at a picnic table with umbrella on beach. The water is beautiful. Nice sandy area although there are some areas with rocks which make it perfect for snorkeling.