“Great for lunch!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This was the only lolo we visited during our trip to Grand Case, but we were not disappointed. My husband had the ribs and chicken plate with red beans and rice; I opted for ribs, fried plantains, and rice. Authentic experience, delicious, take a walk down the beach and stop here for lunch!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I'm happy to report that this was a great experience. I was a little hesitant after reading some mixed reviews, but this isn't a Michelin starred dining experience so don't expect 'great service'. What you will get is awesome, fresh food made by the locals with love and tradition. We ordered ribs, three sides (slaw, plantains, rice and beans) we also sampled their stuffed crab back and stuffed eggplant. The ribs were so tasty and meaty, the eggplant was the best I had ever tasted. It was made with herbs, breadcrumbs and eggplant pulp blended with just enough spice. The sides were delicious, especially the plantains! The portion of slaw could have been a little bigger, but that would be the only thing I'd complain about. We sampled their Johnny cakes which were pillowy fried pieces of dough. We had an abundance of food, two oranginas and it was about 29 euros. They conveniently take credit cards and I just went up to pay when we were ready to leave. Don't go here looking for great 'service'... Remember you're at an open air eatery... And enjoy the experience! (Ps they take credit cards which is also a plus).

1  Thank Always4Travelling
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We went for a birthday dinner celebration with friends. Our server Shelola was awesome!! The barbecue was great. We ordered almost everything from the menu that was barbecued and we shared. It was all very good.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

A good place to eat with very good ribs. The corn is good too. It is right next to the street. We have been here e few times and it is our number two place. Also good for take away with ribs for 6$.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This was our 3rd time here. We visited St. Maarten last July. We had the ribs twice last year, but this time we had the chicken. They serve you a lot and the prices were reasonable. The only complaints I had is that the waitresses we've had never seem friendly at all. They don't smile, and don't come and check in on you to see if you need anything else. Yes, we've been here 3 times, but next time we won't come back.