“Worried about Jim after Irma!”
Review of Mountain View

Mountain View
Ranked #42 of 153 Restaurants in Tortola
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We've been searching for news, but haven't found anything about this wonderfully unique restaurant, and more importantly Jim and his wife. Please post in comments if you've heard anything.
We had a wonderful lunch with Jim in June 2017 after a hike around Mount Sage. This is a great spot - not too hard to find with many amazing views and a great hike. The banana smoothie and conch fritters are the best we've ever had anywhere. But most of all, Jim's conversation is the highlight making it most memorable. Hoping for the best!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

My wife and I had our 1st anniversary dinner here and it was wonderful. I can't say enough about how good the food and service was. It was like having a private chef or having dinner at a friends. Jim is a very talkative and interesting man who made us feel like we knew him forever. Also, the view from the platform across the lot was absolutely amazing and the prices in his souvenir shop were the best we encountered on the islands.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Jim is awesome. The steaks my husband and I had were delicious and perfectly, and I mean that, prepared. I am not even one that orders steaks but I did - there was a special pear sauce - I wish I could remember the exact name of the dish but I finished ever bite. And had key lime pie for desert and two delicious drinks with my meal - everything - the attention to detail...every detail...the shaved butter for our rolls...just cannot say enough! Thank you Jim! Such a pleasure to meet you - Don & Adiel Shulock

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We met Jim when we came to hike Sage Mountain and decided to come back for dinner. If you're looking for fancy ambiance, you won't find that here. What you will find is an incredible meal prepared and served with spectacular attention to detail. From the lobster appetizer to the steak Diane for me and the surf and turf for my husband, to the key lime pie... Everything was fantastic. He only serves two tables an evening so be sure to make reservations!

Reviewed 20 June 2016

My husband and I wanted to go exploring in the Sage Mountain National Park. We weren't really sure how to locate it so started out and found our way to Mountain View. When we stopped to ask for directions to the park which is up a footpath behind the restaurant, Jim not only gave us directions but loaned us a trail map of the park. And then...after our explorations were over, he welcomed us onto his front porch with a very cold and refreshing pain killer. We look forward to enjoying his private two table dinners - or maybe even a catered dinner at our villa - sometime in the future. For now, a very big thank you.